Dodger (Boycie) Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Dodger (Boycie) Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
boycie1DSCF520a.jpg
Dodger's Story: Dodger grew up in a 5 adult household. He is young and wasn't getting walks and crated for 10-12 hours. Hyper on occasions when first out of his crate. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Dodger is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Dodger was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
boycie2DSCF0512.jpg
boycie3DSCF0511.jpg
boycie4DSCF0527.jpg
boycie5DSCF0536.jpg
Dodger's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to help Boycie as his needs are not being met

Dodger comes in on the 2nd January 2021
BoycieAmb.jpg
Boycie.jpg
Elliesmum

Re: Boycie Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I met this lovely boy in the paddock this morning. A first greeting and he seemed very sweet and friendly positivo1.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Nic

Post by Nic »

I was changing into my boots at my car when Emma was walking this beaut, he came and gave me a proper cuddle (not because my car smells of dog treats...)
anne

Post by anne »

Jude brought Boycie out for his walk yesterday. What a lovely, friendly boy. He is much smaller than I imagined, more staffie size, then Ambull. It was cold and raining, not ideal conditions to do his photoshoot but Boycie took it all in his stride. His focus is clearly with people as it seems he is keen to make friends with everyone he meets, but we decided he might like to share his walk with a canine companion, so I went to get the lovely Buskybear. Boycie was more than happy to follow along behind BuskyBear and we had a lovely relaxed walk.
boycie6DSCF0509.jpg
boycie7DSCF0530.jpg
boycie8DSCF0532.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I think it's fair to say that Anne and I were both blown away by this fabulous boy yesterday love4.gif
Boycie welcomed me beautifully in his kennel, I knelt down to attach leads and he was very keen to give out some big old Boycie kisses thumbs.gif
As Anne said Boycie is a very friendly boy, he was way more interested in making friends than having his photo taken, but he was oh so patient, photos taken he was rewarded with lots of fuss and cuddles, this wonderful boy absolutely thrives on human interaction.
He also really enjoyed some canine company, following the lovely Busky Bear on his walk, both dogs super comfortable in each other's company.
Oh and he's incredibly handsome too Kiss of love.gif
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

I have fallen head over heels in love with Boycie! Oh my gosh what a boy! He is so loving, so friendly and gentle. We had a little jumpy excitement when I entered his kennel, but as soon as I bent down and had some cuddles, the leads were on and off we went!
He walks extremely well, occasional pull to have a good sniff at something new and interesting, but otherwise very gentle.
There are still some things he seems unsure of, but I think this may be from the amount of time spent in his crate, puddles and mud were the main things, he tried his best to keep way to the side or to leap over them!! He had a good look at a bike that passed but no reaction from him, nor when a car passed us.
Lots of puppy curiosity still there, and looking at you with a friendly wag for reassurance.
He is very attentive and responds well, and with his youth he would love to learn and could be trained lots of tricks!
I’m sure he won’t stick around for long, as he’s just GORGEOUS in every way!! :dog-115.gif: love4.gif
Maybe if I hide in this bush, they won’t make me walk through the puddle..
Maybe if I hide in this bush, they won’t make me walk through the puddle..
anne

Post by anne »

Boycie was out exploring with Jude yesterday and he was happy to have Junior and I along for company. The boys seemed comfortable together, relaxing more and more as we walked. Boycie liked to be in front but would stop regularly because he had found something interesting to sniff. Junior was very patient waiting for him to finish so he could get his nose into whatever Boycie was sniffing. As others have said he does still have that lovely puppy curiosity about life.
juniorboycie1DSCF0593.jpg
juniorboycie2DSCF0595.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

lovely photos of 2 beautiful dogs love4.gif
Such an enjoyable walk with Boycie yesterday, joined by his kennel mate Junior, settling down wonderfully together in each other's company and yes Junior was very patient while Boycie enjoyed a whole lot of sniffing thumbs.gif
Boycie absolutely adores human company, knowing that he is off out on a walk makes him so incredibly happy woo.gif] he has the most wonderful zest for life and is full of puppy curiosity, it's so lovely to see this sweet boys enthusiasm for everything, actually not everything, Boycie really does not like mud and he will go to lengths to avoid it 0002.gif]
Boycie is still young and so very ready to start living his best life, he is an absolute joy Kiss of love.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a very nice dog Boycie is. We went on our first walk today and I found him to be a totally people friendly boy with a very nice nature. We walked straight through the woods then did a big loop back, along the main road. Boycie was fine with passing people and traffic. The thing that made him stop in his tracks was a large stone outside someone's house, with the door number painted on it 0002.gif] and if he sees something ahead he's not sure of, he just stops and has a good look then carries on walking, so he is calm, but interested then works it out and is sensible. I found Boycie to be a little bit pully at times, but I think this was just a young, healthy dog exploring everything and he is very nosy and curious. He is not silly or exciteable.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I took Boycie out for the first time and was very impressed he is the perfect walk fun, friendly and generally well behaved. Getting him out of the kennel, I was met with an exited, exuberant and very happy dog, getting the leads on for our walk no issue. I think he will be a very popular dog. The only time he pulled was coming back through the woods he spied a number of squirrels which he definitely wanted to investigate. Hope he finds his forever home soon he has a lot of love to give.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”