Bett Patterdale DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Bett Patterdale DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
bett1DSCF7788a.jpg
Bett's Story: Bett is a typical Patterdale. She is proving too much for her owner currently and we have been asked find her a more terrier astute family. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Bett is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Bett is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bett2DSCF7769a.jpg
bett3DSCF7799.jpg
bett4DSCF7783.jpg
Bett's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Bett comes in as an emergency 22nd August 2020
Bett.jpeg
Bett1.jpg
Bett2.jpeg
Cottonsocks22

Re: Bett Patterdale DofB 2015 Comes 22nd

Post by Cottonsocks22 »

Oh bless her heart,so sad to see she is losing her home! blu1.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Bett is a dear little girl. She was a little nervous when I entered her kennel but totally expected. We made friends, she sniffed me, I gave her some treats and she happily let me put my leads on her and we were off. She is easy on the lead, no pulling, walks very well past traffic, cyclists, joggers but horses were a different matter......Bett became very excited and done a little two back legged dance. The horses were huge though. Soon as they were gone she was back to be an angel.Back at the kennels Bett gave Benji (patterdale) a good telling off but he gave as good as he got. Bett liked a fuss, especially having her back scratched. I saw no edge to Bett and found her to be easy for a patterdale.xx
0ED0A966-5F41-400E-BA48-A09E0D18A4AF.jpeg
9F62BF2F-2CC2-4623-88A7-EB32FFCCF397.jpeg
C37DBE5E-6AAB-45B9-A4D0-FE4523B28A4E.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I so agree - Bett is the easiest little patterdale to walk. I met her today for the first time and she gave me a lovely welcome in her pen. I clipped the leads on and we were off. We decided to walk with Hooch today who was with Becca - Hooch is always a great dog to show a newbie the ropes as he is so calm. Bett is a real cutie - a little on the chubby side but all the more appealing for that. She certainly loves her treats, especially cheese. She walked very nicely on the lead with no pulling and ignored other dogs we passed. The main thing was that she relaxed and enjoyed her walk. I have a feeling that she won't be with us for long. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif]
heleny

Re: Bett Patterdale DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Bett was very pleased when I went into her pen and greeted me with a very waggy tail. We walked with Tigga and Tricia and both dogs enjoyed each other's company. She is incredibly endearing with her chubby shape and shiny black coat (note to self, less sausage treats for Bett). :dog-115.gif: She kept up a good pace and took it in turns to follow Tigga or to be the leader. She needs the exercise and so we went for quite a long walk, Bett seeming to really enjoy it. She can be dog reactive round the kennels and on the walk tried to chase a bike but once we know the triggers to inappropriate behaviour we can manage them. Lovely girl. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met Bett today and she was pleased to be going out. With her scruffy face she reminded me a bit of dear little Rolo through the kennel door. She seemed to like a bit of a fuss and we set off on a brisk walk. She had a little bark at Maxx as we passed in the lane (clearly no idea how small she is 0002.gif] ) but otherwise our walk was calm and quiet. I think Bett could do with a few more brisk walkies to trim her waist a little!
Lovely girl.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I so agree Ros - she reminds me too of Rolo but perhaps minus his joy of balls and kong wubbas! She is adorable - that cute shape is so cute but she does need to burn off some calories! She is a very friendly little dog and yesterday gave me a great greeting. She was my second walk of the day and we both had energy to spare and so walked quickly round our usual circuit. She is an easy walk - no pulling, just the right amount of sniffs. All in all she is a lovely girl - hopefully others will see that soon and she will find the right home. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Bett to day walks quickly but enjoys her walks not keen on passing other dogs but that can be put right a real sweety longs to have her own family
anne

Post by anne »

Had a lovely walk with the adorable Bett this afternoon. She is an easy companion who adores going out on adventures, stopping every so often to look up and gaze into your eyes. She stole my heart!
bett1DSCF8434.jpg
bett2DSCF8438.jpg
bett3DSCF8440.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Bett loves to watch the squirrels scurrying around in the trees. She 'dances' around, nose skyward, fascinated by their antics.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
and she loves a good roll around too.
bett1DSCF8627.jpg

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”