Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 East Grinstead Temp Foster

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs, or the dogs have been homed on a trial basis with Homing Team Approval
xxlynne

Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 East Grinstead Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Current Status: Reserved
spring1DSCF6206.jpg
Spring's Story: Spring came through local Rescue and was homed in with a novice owner who felt out of her depth due to Spring's chase drive. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Spring is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Spring was in boarding kennels near Gatwick but now in foster with 2 other lurchers whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
spring2DSCF6183.jpg
spring3DSCF6216.jpg
spring4DSCF6197.jpg
spring5DSCF6187.jpg
Spring's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 15.06.19: Spring is from a local Rescue up north. She was rehomed with a first time dog owner, she is 6 years old and since being with this lady she has snapped at a small dog and has keen chase / prey drive, obviously a ex worker. Spring is now in emergency kennelling she is lovely and showing zero issues here, very sweet polite girl. She is fully vaccinated and neutered.
Spring56.jpg
Spring57.jpg
Spring6.jpg
Spring.jpg

anne

Re: Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 Comes 19th June

Post by anne » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Spring is lovely. She was a little nervous today as she had just come in but was happy to be going out for a walk with me. She enjoyed a little time mooching about getting to know her surroundings and then she was the perfect model while I did her photoshoot. She loves a cuddles or two and Louise who was with her was happy to oblige. Her beautiful, happy, smile lights up the world. What a delightful friendly girl- she will be popular with the staff and walkers. Spring did bark at a passing dog while we were doing her photos but she just needs space and reassurance.
spring6DSCF6212.jpg
spring7DSCF6235.jpg
springDSCF6225.jpg

anne

Re: Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 Comes 19th June

Post by anne » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm

and a couple more because she is so beautiful and I couldn't chose which photos to use...….
spring10DSCF6240.jpg
spring9DSCF6243.jpg

sibirro

Re: Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sibirro » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 pm

jan took out spring on sunday v happy to see someone come in her kennel and to be going out and an all round v friendly dog very easy to walk she loves treats and a few cuddles on her travels shes a bit nervous of other dogs but hopefully that will improve overall another lovely RR lurcher
IMG_2049.JPG

Toops

Re: Spring Lurcher DofB 2013 East Grinstead Temp Foster

Post by Toops » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Spring has arrived in East Grinstead having met Tom and Leylah at the kennels this afternoon. She traveled really well in the car, in fact even Tom lay down which I've never seen him do before. Spring is currently having a good nose around the house. As soon as we entered the garden she jumped straight into the dogs paddling pool for a quick dip.

She's already found one of the most comfy beds in the house and did get up onto my own bed so she could help Leylah with her Neighbourhood Watch duties.
Spring 1.JPG
Spring 2.JPG
Spring 4.JPG
Spring 7.JPG
Spring 8.JPG
Spring 10.JPG
Heading off for a walk soon so I'll keep you posted.
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler

Toops

Post by Toops » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Just back from our walk. Only saw one other dog whilst out which caused a little bit of excitement but easily managed.

Here's a really bad video I took - it's difficult holding three leads and a camera!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler

Toops

Post by Toops » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:28 am

Oh my goodness, this girl is a star!

We passed a really lovely evening snuggled up on the sofa (after I'd persuaded her to get off my bed and join the rest of us!). Not a peep out of her overnight - I really didn't know she was there She's not too happy about going up and down the stairs to my garden but a slip lead easily solves that problem - once she's down the first couple of steps she's fine - maybe hasn't encountered stairs before or may have slipped at some time?

Struggling a bit to get her to eat but I've got some chicken breast out of the freezer this morning and will cook some up for her later on and try her with that. She did eat a little raw chicken and tripe last night - think she would prefer to graze but I'm afraid that's not possible with Thomas around as he would quite happily scoff the lot for her!

Hoping to book a time slot in a secure field for later on today so she can have a good run around.

Toops

Post by Toops » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:59 am

Managed to book the secure field for 6pm so it was slightly cooler for zoomies. Boy does this girl like to run, she's not as fast as Leylah though! Unfortunately I was always too slow with the camera to catch them hooning around the field but here's one of the aftermath!

Poor Tom with his wonky leg doesn't stand a chance of keeping up!

Spring ate well last night, she had some poached chicken and white fish which she thoroughly enjoyed. Another very quiet night last night with no accidents in the house, again had to use the slip lead for the first two steps down the stairs but she is coming back up with a little more confidence now.

Toops

Post by Toops » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 pm

This little girl just gets better and better.

Another run in a secure field today and both Spring and Leylah discovered the water hole at the end of the field.

I have two bog monsters in the house!!

Followed by a roll in the grass - unfortunately it didn't remove the mud!

Leylah ended up in the bath when we got home but Spring only needed a wipe down with a wet sponge!

Zoomies!

I think everyone enjoyed themselves.

One final picture for today. I want to just boop this nose!
IMG_0159.JPG