Loki Shepherdx DofB 2019 Welsh Rescue

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Loki Shepherdx DofB 2019 Welsh Rescue

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Retained by Rescue
LokiWWP.jpg
Loki's Story: Loki is being surrendered by his family and needs an understanding family who are not over directive and have time for him. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Loki will be neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Loki is coming in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Loki's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 5.3.21: Lynne, I have been asked to take a 2y.o shep x, he’s got issues, can be loving but doesn’t like being told what to do! The owner will pts if I won’t take him and I’ve got so many dogs with issues I can’t take anymore. Can you help with him? His name is Loki and I’ll attach a photo x

Loki will come into our Rescue mid March 21
xxlynne

Re: Loki Shepherd x DofB 2019 Wales comes soon

Post by xxlynne »

"Sorry for the delay Loki who came in was rushed to the vets as he was in a real mess. He has a terrible skin condition and has now been treated but I think it would be unfair to travel him as he is. Are you ok for me to send Loki on a separate run once he's feeling better and I will also send an easy dog with him as I'm expecting more in. Sorry to mess you about. Leanne WWP x"
LokiskinMar.jpg
LokiskinMar21a.jpg
LokiskinMar21b.jpg
We took him to the vet yesterday because i had the day off, my son in law who was in charge panicked with the mess he was in and took him. They said flea allergy and mange but my friend is a vet and she was with us at the rescue today doing some routine things and agrees with me it’s not mange just a flea allergy that’s been there some time. He’s come in from a home and I’ve wiped the floor with them. He’s also very scared, but he must have been in awful pain. Fingers crossed he’ll have healed a bit by next week and will be more comfortable to travel x Leannex
PaulB

Re: Loki Shepherdx DofB 2019 Wales comes soon

Post by PaulB »

Ouch, that looks so painful - poor thing. Wishing you well soon Loki!
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Unforgivable to leave a dog suffering like this. Oh poor boy, he must be feeling awful. Let’s hope your life gets better from here on. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: love4.gif love4.gif
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Poor lad . Hope Loki feels better soon.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Looking forward to an update about Loki and hoping that he is making a good recovery.
Last edited by PaulB on Mon 05 Apr 2021 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
clairek

Post by clairek »

Thank goodness he is in safe hands now sending love
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Any news on how Lokis skin is .... love4.gif
Astralhaze

Post by Astralhaze »

sign_omg.gif [cry.gif] Poor boy, that looks do painful. Speedy recovery Loki x