Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
arthur1DSCF8756a.jpg
Arthur's Story: Arthur was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Arthur is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Arthur is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
arthur2DSCF8751.jpg
arthur3DSCF8767.jpg
arthur4DSCF8759a.jpg
arthur5DSCF8719a.jpg
arthur6DSCF8724a.jpg
arthur7DSCF8733.jpg
arthur8DSCF8773a.jpg
Arthur's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hi Lynne I hope you are well. I need some help with this lad who was in Sheffield Pound. He went to a good rescue but has proved to be too much for them. He seems not to have seen life and although fine in kennels and with people he is very reactive to traffic and strange situations, jumping up and yesterday actually caught and bruised a volunteer. The Rescue don't feel they can rehome him and asked if I knew a very experienced rescue that might help him and give him a chance. Arthur has had an awful life. 7 years old, chipped, vaccinated and neutered. Not the easiest dog but can you help at all? Margaretxx
Julian.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Sheffield Pound comes w/e

Post by xxlynne »

Comes weekend
SarahW

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Sheffield Pound comes w/e

Post by SarahW »

Looking forward to meeting you Arthur!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
anne

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Mel and I were lucky to meet Arthur and spend some time with him in the paddock yesterday. He is a friendly lad who loves people. He likes to lean against you and enjoy fuss and strokes. Arthur is happy and lively, with energy to burn. He can jump up at you for attention and needs to learn to be calmer around people as he would likely knock over a small person with his enthusiasm. After 15 minutes in the paddock he definitely started to calm down and would then run over to Mel and I with much more controlled energy, keeping his paws on the ground and either leaning against our legs or rolling over for tummy rubs. Arthur needs space to run, plenty of walks and consistent handling to understand that he gets more attention from people when he is calm. He is a fabulous character with the biggest of smiles.
arthur9DSCF8718a.jpg
arthur10DSCF8732.jpg
arthur11DSCF8754.jpg
arthur12DSCF8757.jpg
arthur13DSCF8768.jpg
arthur14DSCF8771a.jpg
geoffcase

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by geoffcase »

What a fabulous dog. I met and walked Arthur today. I entered his kennel with treats, knelt down, and although we had never met, I was his instant friend!!
He was not interested in treats, just wanted strokes and cuddles. He really wants affection, and deserves it.
We went for a long walk and he behaved beautifully. He was interested in every sight, sound and smell. Some gentle pulling, but when told to stop he did. We met 3 sets of dogs, and he was interested in them all, but in a friendly way. He had a lovely splash in the stream, and was a joyous boy.
First impressions are that he is very intelligent and loving.

Return to “Our Outstanding Other Dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”