Peaches Feral Hunterway x DofB ?2018 High Wycombe

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Peaches Feral Hunterway x DofB ?2018 High Wycombe

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
peaches1DSCF4956a.jpg
Peaches' Story: Peaches came in petrified and feral from a dog breeder/ hoarder/ puppy farm. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Peaches is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Peaches was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
peaches2DSCF4946.jpg
peaches3DSCF4938.jpg
peaches4DSCF4952.jpg
peaches5DSCF4958.jpg
Peaches' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Oct 2019: Can you help any of these
5: I have this feral girl, she’s more small Lab like.

We have 6 months later found Peaches is still waiting for a Rescue place and will be taking her tomorrow the 25th March she has never been properly handled just managed in the kennel and never been introduced to a collar or lead
On arrival
On arrival
Peaches came into us on the 25th March 20
SarahMc

Re: Peaches Labrador x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahMc »

Oh she’s beautiful 😍
Can’t wait to meet her thumbs.gif
Jojokate

Re: Peaches Labrador x DofB TBAss Gatwick kennels

Post by Jojokate »

Beautiful girl
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I sat with Peaches and hand fed her lunch yesterday, she was very brave, despite be very nervous. All at her pace she will learn to trust people and blossom into the happy girl I know she will be.

She is almost a blue blonde if that makes sense. Her pic doesn't do her justice, she really is a unique looking girl.

Looking forward to helping you enjoy the world more sweetheat. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
anne

Post by anne »

I have been sitting with Peaches most days I am at the kennels and throwing treats for her. She had not felt brave enough to take them from my hand. Today I was privileged to be asked to feed her breakfast. Peaches was happy to take food from my hand and also happy to stand close to me to see what was happening outside her door. I saw her smile and she is so beautiful when she smiles. Great progress Peaches and kennel/rescue team.
anne

Post by anne »

Here is a lovely picture, taken by Ella, of Peaches relaxing in the paddock.
peaches1a.jpg
Jude&Alf

Re: Peaches Labrador x DofB ?2018 Gatwick kennels

Post by Jude&Alf »

So beautiful Kiss of love.gif
anne

Re: Peaches Labrador x DofB ?2018 Gatwick Kennels

Post by anne »

Peaches is making amazing progress with love and dedication from staff and volunteers. She happily takes her food from my hand and then gives my hand a little lick in way of saying thank you. love4.gif Yesterday I spent some time in the paddock with her. I sat down and she chose to come and sit close to me. It was hot in the sun so I got up and moved to the shade and again she chose to come and sit with me. I shared my treats with her and she so gently took them from my hand and then again gave me little licks. Peaches was happy to accompany me back to her kennel.
Peaches has such a gentle nature and she desperately wants to trust and befriend. We just need to show her that her world is no longer a scary place and all she will get is good food, love, patience and in her own time, walks, fun and adventure. AND then a loving home.
peaches6DSCF4942.jpg
Martine wsstle

Post by Martine wsstle »

I seem to have fallen for peaches from a distance and the calling to walk at gatwick is strong she look like once shes overcomes most of her inerbisions she going to be a great girl im,probably drawn by the labs side lol
Goodluck peaches your sure going to be looked after by RR
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Peaches is such a little sweetheart and she is learning so quickly. I’ve discovered she likes a little tickle behind her ear after her dinner and I’m so happy to oblige.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”