Millie Staffie DofB 31.03.17 Plaistow East London

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Millie Staffie DofB 31.03.17 Plaistow East London

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:28 pm

Current Status: Homed
milly1DSCF7154.jpg
Millie's Story: Millie was found abandoned and unclaimed despite chipped, within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Millie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Millie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
milly2DSCF7148.jpg
milly3DSCF7155.jpg
milly4DSCF7167.jpg
Millie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: "Millie is microchipped but no owner came forward, picked up as a stray." Kirsty 4Paws
Milly12.jpeg

Katharine

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 2017 Coming July 10th

Post by Katharine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Hello Millie bighug.gif

anne

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 31.03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Millie is both excited and nervous about getting attention from people and walks. Her nervousness manifests itself as jumping up and lead grabbing if she is unsure of what is happening or what is expected of her. We set out for our walk and Millie soon focussed on her walk and sniffing and walked nicely on the lead. The first people we passed resulted in lead grabbing but she quickly moved on again. She then passed 2 other people perfectly calmly. Again first dog we passed caused some concern and a lead grab but again she soon stopped and then we passed a couple more dogs and she was as good as gold. Millie needs confidence from the other end of the lead and the longer we walked today, the more Millie relaxed and was able to enjoy her walk. Millie then surprised me when I sat down and gave her some gentle strokes which she loved and she rolled over for belly rubs. She was being so good, Louise and I took the opportunity to take her photos. Other than the odd moment of grabbing the leads she was patient and well behaved for her photos. Good girl Millie.
Millie is a wonderful, friendly, fun girl who just needs lots of love and some gentle guidance to calm her energy and build her confidence.
milly8DSCF7181.jpg
milly7DSCF7177.jpg
milly6DSCF7163.jpg
milly5DSCF7174.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Millie is a little sweetheart. No grabbing the leads or jumping up as we left the kennel block - she was way to focused on my squeezy cheese. I had a minute or two of excited jumps and lead play but she soon settled. She walks beautifully, loves to be told what a good girl she is but especially likes it if you bend down and give her a cuddle. Loved the stream and had a good paddle - her tail was wagging as she had a dig in the muddy water. Millie is a lovely girl who so appreciates a few kind words and a little reassurance. Xx.
Beautiful, wet faced Millie xx
Beautiful, wet faced Millie xx

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm

I had my first walk with Millie yesterday. She was a bit bouncy and lead grabbing at first but she settled and we had a lovely walk. She is a gorgeous little staffie. Affectionate and fun just like a staffie should be. Really enjoyed meeting this sweetheart and spending time with her. I am sure as she gets more settled she will get less bouncy!!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

anne

Post by anne » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Millie was much more confident on her walk today and after the initial excitement of getting out of her kennel, she walked really nicely on the lead and enjoyed a paddle and play in the stream. Occasional she picks up sticks but quickly loses interest in them as smells are much more interesting to investigate.
millieDSCF7712.jpg

anne

Post by anne » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Millie is getting more confident with each walk and this means a lot less lead grabbing. After the initial excitement of getting out of the kennel, Millie settled really quickly walking with Skye(Dog). In fact she was a little super star as there were a couple of potentially challenging moments on her walk. Millie was fine around traffic and even when the road sweeper truck passed us really close, Millie stood to one side calmly and then was straight back to focussing on her walk. Challenge number two was having to pass a pony and rider on the bridleway. There was not much room, so we stood to the side while they passed. Millie did growl a bit but as soon as they passed she walked on without any fuss. Millie was happy to share her walk with Skye, enjoying her company but not bothered by or fussing about her. A fantastic happy walk for all of us. Well done Millie. thumbs.gif positivo1.gif

anne

Post by anne » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Millie continues to get better and better with each walk. She is intelligent, connected and tuned in to whoever she is with. She is less worried now so she can enjoy her walks more and take more time to sniff and investigate her surroundings. During our walks Millie still engages eye contact with me regularly for reassurance and knowing her nature is gentle, kind and friendly, means she is easy to teach and fun to work with.
Millie sometimes picks up a stick, a very large one being her preference. Usually she plays with it and carries it for a while then drops it.
We ventured into the woods yesterday and there were so many big sticks Millie was like a kid let loose in a sweet shop, not knowing which stick to choose, trying lots out and getting herself a bit over excited. Eventually I had to get her attention to calm her down and this was easily achieved by throwing a few treats down for her to snuffle about and find. Once she had had the treats she engaged back to her walk and all was calm again. Good girl Millie. thumbs.gif
Millie just needs a bit of help to be confident and engage her energy constructively but she is a fast learner and she loves cuddles and fuss and attention. In fact, she thrives on attention and loves to learn.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:08 am

It’s not a root you daft woman
It’s not a root you daft woman
Millie made me laugh sooo much on Sunday. I found out she loves branches - the bigger the better. The first one she found was basically a small tree but she tried her best to carry it. Thinking I’d be smart, I trod on it to stop her carrying it and whacking my legs - but it snapped in half!! Millie was delighted and gave me the exact same look my teenage daughter Milly gives me.....haha you silly woman!! She was persuaded to trade it for some sausages though. In the stream she was digging away trying to get another stick but I told her it was a root but to enjoy her digging.....nope she emerged triumphant with her treasure!! Maybe I need to get my eyes tested!! She again gave it to me for a sausage though. Millie did grab the lead a few times but a quick cuddle, a kiss on her forehead and she stops. I think Millie is great company - will anyone notice if I trade this Millie for mine for a couple of weeks roflmao.gif

xxlynne

Re: Millie Staffie DofB 31.03.17 Plaistow East London

Post by xxlynne » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Millie had a great morning off to the vets for vaccination then a lovely walk through the village. we then had a long walk picking plastic out of the environment only then to share coffee with the staff and for Millie breakfast.

Suddenly there was more excitement as Jackie, Stetson and James were there welcoming her with open arms. She got to know them and they her before sharing a walk with Chase and Millie revealing her dance routine!
IMG_4724.JPG
This was before she licked Chase's muzzle telling him how much she liked him!
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
Time to go home Millie and tell the nextdoor neighbour's cat that her back garden is her own!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”