Walter Staffie DofB ?2011 Gatwick Kenns

Our smashing Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Staffie crosses available for homing!
xxlynne

Walter Staffie DofB ?2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 am

Current Status: Available
DSCF1431.jpgwalter.jpg
Walter's Story: Walter was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a South Coast council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Walter is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Walter had 2 lumps removed which have been sent off for analysis. Walter is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1423.jpgwalter.jpg
DSCF1436.jpgwalter.jpg
DSCF1428.jpgwalter.jpg
Walter's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
8.2.19: Good Afternoon Lynne.
Hope all is well with you and Rescue Remedies.
Sadly we have yet another male Staffie that hasn't been claimed. He's been fine with our kennel staff and hasn't reacted to any of the dogs he's seen at the kennels. I've got some photos of him if you'd like to see them?
Many thanks, R - Dog Warden
WalterFeb4.jpg
WalterFeb3.jpg

anne

Re: Walter Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Walter is a proper little staffie boy who loves hugs and cuddles. He had quite a day at the vets yesterday judging by a couple of wounds on his back and leg. This however has not dampened his spirits and I got a full on staffie welcome in his kennel. He was shouting to be taken out and when I entered his kennel and knelt down he was straight up on my lap, giving cuddles and kisses. He was very keen to get out and pulled for a few minutes but soon settled. I took him up the lane and across the motorway to the children's playground as I wanted to avoid the puddles and mud in the woods. Walter trotted along, tail wagging, sniffing, snuffling and generally being a very happy, joyful walking companion. He took noisy traffic, shouting children and passing dogs all in his stride with polite interest but no fuss. When we got back I enlisted the help of Beth, one of our walkers, to help with taking some photos of Walter. Let's just say it was tricky getting any photos of him not cuddling up to Beth. I think he loves people!
DSCF1426.jpgwalter.jpg
DSCF1427.jpgwalter.jpg
DSCF1430.jpgwalter.jpg

anne

Re: Walter Staffie DofB ?2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:26 pm

I took darling Walter out for a walk this afternoon. On entering his kennel, cuddles are obligatory. Once cuddles are over he is ready and keen to get going. He walks so nicely on the lead and is such a happy, enthusiastic little chap.
Here he is waiting for his treat for being such a good boy.
DSCF2021.jpgwalter.jpg

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Walter is a very, very handsome staffie, my sort of boy. Thankfully it wasn't raining so we set of on a walk, Walter loves to hear that he is a good boy and I was very happy to oblige because of course he is, takes treats wonderfully and oh when he looked back at me, he is just too handsome! We had a lot of stop, treat and cuddles during our walk, which I loved and so did Walter. Walter is lively, so much fun to be out about with, he seems to be loving life, just needs his perfect forever home :crossfingers.gif:

chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:42 am

20190310_093302_opt.jpg
Walter is a fantastic chap! He was excited to say hello when I first got to his kennel and as soon as I got inside he was leaning in for cuddles and affection.

He loved his walk, and was happy to trundle along and sniff, he isn't a lead puller at all. He was very sweet where he would keep looking back to check I was still there 😊

He took treats nicely and knows 'sit' - although I couldn't get him to stay still long enough for a close up photo because he wanted the treat!

Showed a mild interest in other dogs we passed but no reaction at all, even to a very yappy and growling non RR terrier we came across, very good boy!

He's a manageable size, very affectionate and would be great for someone out there to adopt!!

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Received the loveliest of welcomes from Walter today, before we get going we had to have cuddles, so cuddles given, leads on and off we go. Walter walks like a dream, he's so happy to be out and about but also very happy to be with someone, the best of both worlds for Walter. Today we passed cyclists, other dogs and 2 horses coming down the lane splashing through the puddles, we stepped aside and absolutely no reaction from Walter, what a star. If you give Walter the slightest encouragement he will come in for cuddles, he puts his front paws over your arm and just leans in to you, as shown in earlier photos, he really does give the best cuddles and if you walk this beautiful boy be prepared for lots of them. Walter is super handsome, walks beautifully and is so very affectionate, I cannot wait to see this darling boy in his forever home Heart fill with love.gif]

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I took Walter out for the first time this afternoon. As soon as I entered his kennel he jumped up wanting a fuss and cuddles, he wasn't at all nervous. As soon as I had the leads clipped on he was off and raring to go. He walks at a good pace without pulling stopping once in a while to sniff new smells. He turned around on a few occasions for a reassuring cuddle but soon carried on his way. Walter really is a lovely boy and I do hope he finds his forever home very soon. love4.gif

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 pm

Another fabulous walk with Walter today. This lovely boy thrives on kind words and lots and lots of cuddles. Walter can be super exited coming out of his kennel but once away from the noise and stress he truly relaxes and is a dream to walk. Whilst out and about Walter really does enjoy his treats and was an absolute star passing other dogs, a little boy on his bike and a pushchair, such a good boy. So today I had the great privilege of giving belly rubs, Walter rolled on his back and gave me the look, you cannot resist the look! I love Walter, the beautiful boy that he is, he just needs an amazing forever home and I so hope it comes along soon Heart fill with love.gif]

Jokav

Post by Jokav » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Walked the gorgeous Walter today - full of love and cuddles - true delight of a chap!

I so hope he finds his forever home quickly 😍

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 pm

I absolutely adore Walter Heart fill with love.gif] He loves to please and when you tell him he's a good boy his face is one of pure joy. Walter is always excited to go on his walk, he just loves to be with people, away from the noise of kennels, it's like he does a big old sigh and relaxes, enjoying every second of being out and about. Yesterday we stopped for a second and Walter rolled on his back asking for tummy rubs and there we stayed for some time, Walter closed his eyes enjoying every moment, have to admit I could have stayed there all day. Walter will flourish with quiet kindness and love, but he will also bring so much fun and excitement to the very lucky people who get to share the rest of there lives with him angel13.gif]