Jinx Red Fell Terrier. DofB 01.01.17 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Jinx Red Fell Terrier. DofB 01.01.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
jinx1DSCF2065a.jpg
Jinx's Story: Jinx came into an Irish Rescue at age 2 from a farm where he slept outside wherever he could find shelter, under bushes or such. The owner decided he didn't want him anymore and was going to weigh him down and throw him in a river. So that's where he came from, never having had any kindness shown to him. Jinx was foster Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jinx is neutered, chipped, and fully vacc's including a Rabies passport. is coming in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
jinx2DSCF2056.jpg
jinx3DSCF2058.jpg
jinx4DSCF2071.jpg
jinx5DSCF2065.jpg
's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:14 April 2021: Hi my name is Dee . I'm a volunteer for the Irish Rescue and Jinx's fosterer. I've just dropped him off this morning to the transporter and Jinx will be with Mikie by 10pm tonight.
I just thought I'd send you this email with some information about jinx.
He came into klaws age two from a farm where he slept outside wherever he could find shelter, under bushes or such. The owner decided he didn't want him anymore and was going to weigh him down and throw him in a river. So that's where he came from, never having had any kindness shown to him.
Before he came to me, he had been homed once and come back then sat in kennels for a while. He then came to me and I spent about a week teaching him it was ok to sleep inside and not head out the cat flap and head for the nearest bush when I was going to bed. Needless to say I spoilt him and let Jinx slept in my bed after that.
He quickly learnt that indoor pet living was great and like most terriers became king of his castle (in his mind).
Jinx was then homed again to a lovely lady who helped him a lot, as he reverted back to trying to sleep outside again. At first He got on great with her grandkids when they came to visit and was taken for walk every day, but as time went on, he began to feel he was the boss of the kids and started nipping and mouthing them. He also started guarding his home and when the postman came into the front garden, he did bite him. So back he came to me.
He gets on well with my female dogs and would sleep on their beds with them. My long-term foster collie Jack, who is a very, very, very nervous dog triggers Jinx and he keeps attacking Jack and bulling him.
This is why he can't stay with me, it's not fair to Jack.
Also Jinx is quite anxious when left on his own, he likes to be with you all the time. I couldn't leave jack and Jinx together unattended.
Jinx is more interested in human company, more than another dog. If rehoming jinx, It would really depend on the other dog as Jinx would take charge and doesn't let other dogs get any cuddles or kisses ( I call him the cuddle stealer), this may cause jealously issues.
Jinx has had very little training in his life, he has no recall, and goes deaf when we're at the beach, doesn't quite run off but won't quite come back either. I have always kept him on the lead, and he does pull a bit. He is very good at wriggling out of his harness, so the one he has on now also attaches to his collar and so far has worked.
Jinx is a very sweet, loving little dog. Loves nothing more that kisses and cuddles, but get very over excited if there's anything going on. He jumps up and mouths at you, not biting but if he makes contact he can nip. He will make someone a fantastic companion pet but needs taking down the pecking order a step or two.
Because he had such a horrible first two years, we are maybe been guilty if spoiling him and letting him get away with things and not put proper boundaries in place.
He loves his din dins and treats and walkies.
I can't tell you how sorry I am to part with him, he's a naughty monkey that has totally stolen my heart.
If you need any further information about him or his habits, or when a new home is found, if the new owner ever wants to call me, please feel free to pass on my details.
Thanks for helping us with Jinx. I'd love to know when he gets a home and where he ends up.
Dee F
heleny

Re: Jinx Red Fell Terrier. DofB 01.01.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Jinx and I had a short walk this afternoon. He does tend to need some careful handling to exit his pen as he is still a bit stressed and needs a walk. However, once out he is absolutely fine and is a friendly little chap. He is a real terrier and likes to find holes to explore and dig a bit. He surprised me by wanting to turn back after a while and then he wanted to go back to the security of his pen. I think tomorrow walking with another dog he will go further. Poor little dog, what a start he has had in life. I'm sure in the secure care of RR he will start to improve and be a lot happier fairly soon.
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had a short walk with Jinx today, by giving him a toy in his kennel helps his stress levels coming out. Once out we went for a walk in the woods, Jinx stopped for a few sniffs, then decided it was time to go back to his kennel. Hopefully in time Jinx will settle and learn to trust with the love and care he will receive from everyone at the kennels Heart fill with love.gif]
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Jinx was part of our Saturday pack today and we tried to see whether a walk with Steady Eddy would get him out of the grounds. Unfortunately paired walking didn’t really do it, so instead we went back to basics - treats and toys! Rachel acted as our guide, using a Hansel and Gretel style trail of sausages to coax Jinx around the grounds.

By the time the treats ran out, Jinx was happy to walk of his own accord and eagerly completed a lap, taking time to sniff around the sheds for potential furries. I’m hoping with time and attention, Jinx will be able to make it further, although the muddy tracks probably didn’t help.
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Jinx to day i have been walking him for a while now 3 times a week he does seem to be calmer now he is easier to get out of his kennel with the aid of a toy but once he is out can be persuaded to walk he seems to enjoy looking at other dogs happy to walk past them without a fuss we go on to the briddle path each time going further and further in time he will enjoy his walks
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Jinx and I went for our first walk together on Friday. He was a bit hesitant and unsure at the start, but very sweet and friendly, and once we got going he was on a mission to explore the woods! :)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
IMG_20Jun2021at123201pm.jpg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

That's amazing progress with him Laura, slightly envious seeing him charging through the woods like that!
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I am noticing Jinx becoming braver and a little less nervous about his surroundings each time I walk him! We've managed to make it all the way up the road and exploring off the kennel grounds on a number of occasions now. He's very gentle taking little treats and loves vegan sausages and plant-based ham tidbits 💚
It's wonderful to see his progress and confidence growing, he's such a sweet boy who needs patience, time and understanding.
On our way back to the kennels he was delighted to find a big red toy laying on the ground! He had a quick look up to see if it belonged to anyone and then happily carried it back to his kennel :) I really enjoy spending time with him.
46400014-FEAF-4CDA-80EB-BB3EB2AC5A48_1_201_a_opt.jpg

IMG_4Jul2021at110626pm_opt.png
IMG_4Jul2021at110649pm_opt.png

Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Jinx this morning been walking Jinx for a while now today was the first time he has done the full walk along the bridle path and round i was so proud of him he did really well no nerves just got on and walked and enjoyed him self You have done the walk so up wards and onwards now Jinx
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I took Jinx into the paddock for the first time on Friday and he absolutely loved it! He and I usually spend our time together focused on building up his confidence to walk further on lead, so I wasn't quite sure whether he'd find the paddock a little overwhelming. However I was delighted to see him running around throughly enjoying himself! He played fetch for a bit and then came and sat next to me before jumping onto my lap being extremely affectionate gently trying to lick my face!
He loves plant-based hot dog and so I gave him a few small pieces of that whilst we sat together in the sunshine. He came straight over to the gate when it was time to leave the paddock and had his lead attached, and I managed to get some photos of him just before we left. We will definitely be visiting the paddock every time we walk together from now on! ☺️
IMG_6317_opt.jpg
IMG_6301_opt.jpg

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”