Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Monmouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

BC8F52F5-D808-4C94-BF08-3FD49976BC81.jpeg
Luna continues to be one of the best little dogs ever to spend time with. She sits patiently in her pen until you take her out and then gives you the most tremendous greeting. She was my second walk of the day and we started off in the paddock where Luna made me chuckle as she zoomed around at amazing speed. She was her usual friendly self and wanted her usual quota of cuddles throughout our walk. She has the reputation for being very dog reactive but these days I am finding her much less so. She is a great little dog - and so pretty with her quirky little ears - she would be a great addition to any terrier experienced household - let's hope her home comes along soon. love4.gif :crossfingers.gif:
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Lovely Luna decided to grace Mr Chase with her company today. Having not paired the two before, it was a slightly uncertain beginning, with both dogs quite interested in trying to say hello. However as we got into the woods, they settled into their pattern and maintained a brisk walking pace over to Horley.

Once at Horley Luna came across a range of challenges, from buses to people and loose dogs, but handled them all really well. She is such an affectionate dog and spent most of the way around nudging her muzzle against my leg in the expectation of more strokes, which she got of course.

Over the last few weeks of walking Luna, she really continues to shine. She is sometimes keen to get to other dogs but this fades the more time she spends with you and them. I’m really hoping that someone sees the vast potential of this Pattie pocket rocket as she’d be fantastically loyal company in an energetic family.

487E2905-114F-427B-8917-F355BCBDD5A6.jpeg
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Luna is so delightful! She loves spending time with people and is so affectionate. We have such a nice time together and always end our long walks by visiting the paddock where she is so happy to chill and run around off lead!

heleny

Post by heleny »

Luna is just great - I can't really praise her enough. She is just so affectionate and always gives her walker such a lovely greeting. Today we did a mainly pavement walk with Yoda (walked by Becca) and Luna was fine in Yoda's big company. She wore her muzzle with no problem but was happy once I took it off in the woods in the kennel grounds as she could sniff and munch grass as much as she liked. Luna is not brilliant with dogs she does not know but this is a situation which can be easily managed by the lucky person who takes her home. She is such a small, dainty little dog - all situations can be managed. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I had another lovely walk with my little dainty friend, Luna, yesterday. Her usual friendly greeting was followed by a quiet meander through the woods and then a fairly busy time in the paddock where Luna did her usual zoomies - what energy this little girl has! This was followed by another quiet meander through the woods - we did not go off site as Luna didn't want to wear her muzzle because she was intent on lots of grass munching. She showed some interest in other kennel dogs we spied from a distance but was well behaved. Maybe she wasn't too polite to gentlemanly Zion who came over to say hello while Luna was in the paddock. He took it in his stride and ambled off with Anne because although Luna tries to look fierce somehow she doesn't! Back in her pen she had her usual treats of sausages, chicken and cheese - how she loves treats. Lovely little girl just waiting for the right home and person who will keep her safe and never let her off lead unless it is in an enclosed, private space. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

The lovely Luna paired up with Stan the Man as we partook in the Smallfield loop. Luna is the most affectionate dog and we tend to spend the first five minutes just having cuddles and pats as she gets settled and ready to walk. Once muzzled up, Luna then spent the next 10 minutes of the walk bashing my leg with the muzzle and trying to manoeuvre it off! Once settled in a normal pace it was a lovely walk and again very quiet, passing only a couple of dogs that got Luna excited but not woofy, and a few gardeners doing hedge trimming.

Until the last few weeks, I hadn't really had the chance to walk her but now I have, she's such a fantastic loving girl. She'll need management around other dogs, hence being careful with a muzzle, but what you do get is a dog that is very comfortable being handled and very focused on her humans. The hour I get to spend with her weekly is without a doubt a real highlight and I think she'll be a proper star in the right home.
heleny

Post by heleny »

4191D2D6-0BE9-4466-8ACA-F74ED9C6302E.jpeg
What lovely words about Luna which sum her up exactly. woo.gif]

Yesterday Luna and I had our usual mooch around the kennel grounds. You have to allow time for her very exuberant affection - she just can't get close enough to you and jumps onto your lap, your shoulders, your head and covers you with kisses. She is such a sweetie!

We spent time in the paddock so she could zoom around using up some of her energy. Then we had another mooch, and another cuddle. She is getting so much more relaxed around the other kennel dogs we see in the paddock or across the grounds - the fact that she is very treat orientated makes this much easier.

She would fit into any home with people - Luna loves people! But people who would manage her reactivity. She is a small, light, dainty girl and reactivity can be easily managed in lots of ways.

Good luck Luna - you deserve your special home - such affection and love that you give should surely be rewarded! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
677F1BD0-DBC7-41B7-A79D-40CBD529DEE8.jpeg
bridgeford

Post by bridgeford »

I was lucky enough to walk little Luna yesterday as her usual walker was away. She is so sweet and so affectionate, she just loves people, all people, I got a rapturous greeting and I have only walked her once before months ago. It's difficult to tell from the pictures but she is tiny and very dainty. Walking her is a pleasure she's very easy and happy to be out. She is very nervous of other dogs and I don't think being in kennels is helping. She's constantly alert on the look out for other dogs and will kick off if she sees one, however as she weighs about as much as the average cat, keeping control requires no strength as is pretty easy. Each time I just lead her in the opposite direction and praised her when she stopped barking and went in the direction I wanted her to, which she did very quickly. She's such a lovely gentle little dog I hope she gets the loving understanding and patient family she deserves soon. love4.gif
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Lady Luna decided that Eddy should be her chaperone for today’s walk and the two pocket rockets hot footed it over to Horley. Not wanting to tackle the estate, with its large exposed areas of sun, we took a mystery path to the left which turned out to be a master stroke as we discovered a whole new area of shaded woods around Langshott Manor. Luna was a bundle of fun, although my shins are still feeling the effects of her muzzle rubbing against them! She continues to be such an affectionate dog and coped really well with other dogs, bikes and the large numbers of people on the walk.

27EE9B0A-DC1E-4A4A-BA00-043B85892C44.jpeg
FEFD890A-53D0-4D25-B733-EF52AAA36570.jpeg
A3C8DA5A-DC92-46EA-97B9-3CEEC415F567.jpeg
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I had the pleasure of walking the petite, very pretty Luna today. She welcomed me like a long lost friend, so I was smitten. On leaving the kennel she spied Basil's armchair (a recently rehomed resident of RR) and immediately climbed onto it, I think she thought finders keepers and was now queen of all she surveyed.
IMG_20210720_211734.jpg
We then went to the paddock for a paddle in the new pool.
IMG_20210720_211631.jpg
A quick swim in the river and a relax in the chair in RR grounds. As it was so hot, I thought she needed a drink, I had a bottle of water with me and a bowl. She was definitely thirsty but had no interest in the bowl, wanting instead to drink from the water coming out of the spout. Sorry no photo. She is an endearing little character, super affectionate (to humans) and will fill someone's home with fun, laughter and love. I hope she does not have to wait long.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”