Stan Patterdale DofB 03.03.18 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
Nucasol

Re: Stan Patterdale DofB 03.03.18 RRemedies Centre

Post by Nucasol »

Stan was last dog out today but certainly not the least. Providing a lovely warm welcome, it was a quick leash up and off we trotted around the woods. It felt really quiet today and Stan and I enjoyed just pottering on, listening to the birds and stopping for the occasional treat and pat.

Stan again showed himself to be the perfect walker, pushing forward but without dragging you and time flew by as we did the circuit. I can’t really find any more ways to praise Stan. He’s a real pal when you’re out with him and I’m crossing everything that someone also sees the enormous potential in this adorable Patterdale and takes a punt on bringing him into their life. You won’t regret it!
723D4330-DDB4-43AF-9885-4481F8EC250F.jpeg
3E2ED668-28C9-4993-A975-297956608C98.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Stan the Man put on his walking boots today and joined up with Eddie and Alfie for a great potter around the woods. Being walked by Rachel, Stan made a great impression and hustled her every so often with his big black eyes for the treats bag she was carrying. He meshed really well with both Alfie and Eddie and the three dogs really complemented each other well with their calm natures and big smiles. Unfortunately we were that busy having fun that we didn't managed to take any photos of Stan but needless to say he was one happy camper when we took him back to his kennel.
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Stan the Man provided experienced terrier company to one of our new arrivals, Mr Jinx, as we took on the forest loop. Leading from the front and stopping only for some treat hustling, Stan was his usual fun-filled self, occasionally jumping on legs and dancing around. Stan was the perfect accompaniment to Jinx, who was still learning about his new routes and surroundings, providing patient support.

D8BE256F-68D5-4C5B-941B-C6BB804B577E.jpeg
B5811F71-BE08-4A85-B23D-66A14B6C0C7B.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Sir Stanley provided the perfect pint sized foil for our walk with Luna today. Stan was ever the gent, patiently waiting whilst Luna got her harness changed. Once out, Stan was full of sniffing today and was particularly keen on some piles of cut grass.

Despite the less than clement weather, Stan helped to brighten up an overcast day with his funny smiling disposition. Always a pleasure to walk, never a hassle. Most amusing was when a random walker commented whether Stan and Luna were brother and sister.
heleny

Re: Stan Patterdale DofB 2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

I hadn't walked Stan for quite a while so today it was great to get re-acquainted with him. What progress he has made since being in the care of RR. He now gives a lovely greeting and is easy to exit the kennel block. He keeps going at a good pace but also loves his sniffs and really loves his treats - bless him! He has the most adorable little face and is very hard to resist. We did the circuit to the keeper's cottage mid-afternoon and we both enjoyed the walk so much. Lovely little dog! Heart fill with love.gif]
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Stan the Man was his usual impeccable self today on our outing. A gent to leash up, he trotted happily around the fields with me in a relaxing hour.

Stan is particularly fond of hedgerows at the moment and it appears for good reason. Hidden away in one was a fox cub, cute as a newborn kitten. Thankfully by that point Stan was more interested in his tennis ball but it shows he still has a very keen terrier instinct.
F5122727-AD09-424D-BF0D-B55BB7003CBC.jpeg
163B636A-E6CA-43CF-8B18-A687BF23F019.jpeg
2D6C2444-5168-441A-A28C-8AC74A9D4F33.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Pairing up with his Patterjack pal Eddy, Stan took on Smallfield amidst the changeable May weather. Stan is truly a joy to walk, with his beaming smile and Malteser-coloured eyes staring back up at you. Walked by Rachel, he regularly upped the tempo and went skipping into some jogs.

Mr Mischief then decided to steal in to pinch Eddy’s prized Pepsi bottle just as he was getting close to grabbing it.

Simply put, this bundle of fun is an affectionate little scamp and would make a sterling addition to anyone’s household!

Bottle job
Bottle job
Posing position
Posing position
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Stan the Man was back in the harness for a scorching Saturday walk out to the woods and Horley with his new pal Chase. Matching up well with his slightly larger compadre, Stan was in no mood to hang about and the lads struck a mean pace, stopping at every chance to get some quality time in the river to cool down.

Highlights of our wander including being startled by a young deer coming crashing through the undergrowth, sausage stops, barbecue scents and various pigeons in the woods.

Stan is a superb happy-go-lucky dog who has a personality far greater than his pint sized stature. It’s a pleasure being able to spend an hour or so in his company and I really hope someone takes a punt on him soon as he’d be a terrific addition to any household.

78E21506-70A4-4483-BAB5-C9FE51EB08D5.jpeg
60DEA7AA-FABC-4627-AA5F-7D86DD85C313.jpeg
F7993DD6-70DE-4F90-A20E-6EBC5D597521.jpeg
0E28B554-6669-4023-B403-7A8281FB2F25.jpeg
321E4E09-5C64-41A9-91E9-A627C58F9858.jpeg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Stan came to us from another Rescue. We had made the assumption he had been neutered, as we neuter all our dogs on entry. We then noticed in fact he was still entire several months on. This week we decided we would focus on Stan and try not to cause him too much distress as he wasn't going to accept an injection too easily we felt. Chris one of the kennel staff came as he handles Stan as lot, of course with Stan that is 'to a point'. As Chris had more 'in roads' in acceptability I was teaching Chris how to manage muzzle fitting and I have to admit Chris had many attempts and Stan although shifty and a refusenik...didn't take his 'kafuffle' out on me, the lead holder! We ended up in the vet surgery garden as we did at one point think his harness may give way to the convoluting. Muzzle on and we then had to secure our little dancing avoider and the vet appeared with a large rolled towel which she wrapped around his neck to secure his neck and the vet nurse applied the injection. Done! Stan is now neutered and we took the opportunity to apply a collar and a new harness whilst he was out. No one got bitten. Stan put up a resistance but didn't reveal any nastiness or spite. On awakening Stan was easily managed with his short trailing lead into the dog mobile and back to the kennels to sleep of his Gen An..
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Stan the man today he is one of my regular dogs 3 times a week i get such a greeting when i go in his kennel he is another one that has changed since he came to RR lhave walked him since he first came to RR all that time iam aloud to stroke him now he walks really good at a good pace he will walk on his own and as far as you would like

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”