Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
VeganLaura

Re: Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by VeganLaura »

It’s always fun spending time with Laila, she’s such a sweet playful girl who’s always happy and full of life! She loves playing in the paddock and going for long walks, especially if it means a visit to the stream! 🤗
Laila_opt.jpg

Laila_opt-2.jpg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Saturday afternoon and that means Laila time! Today Laila was down to partner up with equally feisty fellow female Luna, once we got her harnessed up. Laila now associates this with play time, which means five minutes of our favourite furry friend playing contortionist and hop, skip and jumping about. Once out, we set off at a tremendous pace, heading up the lane and towards Horley. Once into her stride after the initial energy burst, Laila calms well and took to rolling around in the long grass in the verges whenever she got the chance.

Taking the lead up at Horley, Laila decided that a longer route around some of the fields was in order, which gave her even more chance to run about with Rachel in the open spaces and roll in the grass. Laila is high energy but also highly affectionate and loves nothing more than a fuss being made of her. We absolutely love spending time with her and she would really suit a home with a similar energy level to her which would continue to bring her amazing nature out. Again, time spent with her is time you treasure and we really hope someone else sees the enormous potential for a life of fun this young pup brings.

075D920D-E2A0-4C0B-8402-0D31CA6E3B40.jpeg
D5667A7C-11D8-4894-AEA5-54A70D616BC8.jpeg
7F8FAB4C-8E2D-4F87-A20E-1DAA518476F3.jpeg
6175F901-0D37-48EF-AF7E-C795CAFF2FC1.jpeg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

My third "first time to meet and walk" today was Laila.

I'm not sure I've met a dog that's so happy. It was suggested I took her to the paddock first, to let her burn off some energy and that was very good advice! She does have bundles of energy but it's not wild or uncontrollable - it's a pleasure to see. thumbs.gif

While I gather she can be a little easier to walk if she has a companion, we ended up going out on our own and the only "issue" was a bit of pulling on occasions. But then she is a youngster and just wants to be out there doing stuff, so it's easily forgiven.

LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Seems like you had a great time with the lovely Laila and she with you. She is a beautiful affectionate girl as you have discovered with boundless energy. Great video's and seems like she has a new friend in you.
ajweetch

Post by ajweetch »

I hadn't walked Laila for a few weeks, but this week she seemed a lot calmer out on her walk. Once reminded, she walks to heel beautifully and is truly no problem at all out on a walk. She is so excited and loving when you greet her in her kennel, and despite her high level of energy, she settles right down and chills out after a walk. Looking forward to more time spent together – what a lovely addition she would make to a family!

Laila.jpeg
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Completely agree, I take Laila out twice a week but yesterday she seemed much more relaxed. Usually it takes me a while to put her harness on as she is so excited but she was almost helpful bless her. Out walking she was her normal wonderful, happy, friendly self but did not pull so much on the lead. I was really impressed is she growing up? Looking forward to my next walk whichever Laila I get excitable puppy or cool teenager, whichever it is I know it will be great with this truly brilliant little girl. Hope her forever home is close as she would make a brilliant addition. Kiss of love.gif
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

For today's Ladies Expedition, Laila partnered up with Luna as the two girls headed over to Smallfield for a nice long walk. Laila was her usual excitable self on collection, lovingly spinning, jumping and making mischief with the leads. Once sorted, we picked up Luna from near the small paddocks and headed through the woods. Laila was full of beans today and there was plenty of sprinting back and forth as she burned off the initial energy. However, once over the road and onto the bridle path she settled into a nice walking pattern as we made our way up to the top lane and under the motorway. At this point, as we got to the green, we provided Laila with a tennis ball and much merriment ensued, as you can see from the photos. Laila continued with plenty of rolling around and just generally enjoying herself as the sun came out.

Laila remains a firm favourite and although full of beans initially, she will settle and walk in a controlled way once she has stretched out her legs. Most of all she is such an affectionate girl, happy to get a pat and a cuddle at any stage. Fingers crossed someone with an active lifestyle fancies a partner-in-crime, as this lovely lady would be a brilliant companion, no matter what the length of walk.

214F6297-C669-4C86-9297-DF64A0FDEADA.jpeg
0A013334-52E0-4354-BB27-BCBE9C462C01.jpeg
F3B1F24A-00CE-40A4-B55B-D4EF7314F759.jpeg
1CD31B5D-FA5D-47E4-89A3-8E9B0B5A90C9.jpeg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I've not walked Laila for a little while since my first time, and so yesterday was my chance to so again.

Off to the paddock first of course, to try to burn off some of that youthful energy. She is deliciously bonkers but did manage to sit still long enough for a couple of photos. 0002.gif]

She even chose to come down from the top of the platform a couple of times by squeezing under my right arm, where there wasn't even a gap, until she shoved her head in there!

Laila 20211017-1.jpg

Laila 20211017-2.jpg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

First walk with Laila, what a sweetheart. I think she has more energy than any other dog I have met. She really appreciates being out and about. This is plain to see by her constantly wagging tail and grin on her face. She also give great cuddles. We walked for around and hour and a half but Laila still had lots left in her tank. So we went to the paddock for twenty minutes of zombies, cuddles and muddy puddle bathing. As she was covered in mud I thought she might like a little shower. Not so. This water baby does not like showing. So a quick rinse and back to her kennel with a handful of sausages as an apology. Beautiful little soul.
ajweetch

Post by ajweetch »

Had yet another lovely walk with this gorgeous girl. I can't quite believe that she's still in kennels! She is such good company and has got SO much better on the lead. In fact, she barely even pulled today and just trotted along very happily on a nice long lead. We started the morning with a game of stick in the paddock, which she absolutely loves. I can't wait to see Laila in the loving family she deserves.
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”