Eddy Jack Russell DofB 01.07.13 Ruislip

Dogs that have found their forever home
Nucasol

Re: Eddy PatterJack DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Nucasol »

Having been such a super walk on Sunday, it was great to be able to take Eddy out for another stroll today. Eddy was immaculately behaved and showed himself to be quite the water lover, trying to get in the stream at every chance. We did have our ongoing battle with plastic bottles - Eddy tells me he’s only trying to help save the planet - and he eventually gave up the bottle of White Lightning cider he found (empty of course !). This little chap is a splendid Patterjack, brimful of character, and keeps you well on your toes in a great way!

D5587A7D-3D82-4798-8821-510E60B47E5F.jpeg
3DD83DFE-0560-4CE3-BDE1-143660AC7FBB.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Brilliant photos of little Eddy - thank you. Today he was my penultimate walk of a long day's walking and Eddy was not too keen until we bumped into his best mate and pen neighbour Spencer (walked by Tricia). He immediately bucked up and followed them with a bounce in his step. He loves to have a sniff and today he had plenty of those. He is really learning how to behave and is a great little dog - he may be small but his boundaries need to be respected. Were someone to take him home he would thrive in a calm, safe, loving environment.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took eddy out with luna for a very amiable walk both dogs respecting each others space whilst walking quite close occasionally - eddy is a little sweetheart who loves his walks and always seems to get maximum enjoyment from them - then back to the kennels for lap cuddles and treats hes a very undemanding dog and an easy walk
IMG_3674.JPG
IMG_3673.JPG
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Eddy-with-a-Y was his usual smiley self when I picked him up this morning, leashing up and setting out on his travels. Almost immediately after getting into the woods Eddy’s terrier spider sense kicked into gear and he went rummaging in the bushes for what appeared to be a vole. Moving on, Eddy encountered a few off leash dogs, including a very similar looking miniature dachshund, but coped admirably with all of them.

Today I decided to mix up the snack mix, moving away from the usual chicken sausages. However, whilst experiencing some success with the turkey stick, the Lily’s Kitchen training treats did not work well, with Eddy giving me a look of disdain for the poor quality fare on offer. Apologies Eddy - I’ll not make that mistake again!

Tackling the mega stick
Tackling the mega stick
Caught on the job
Caught on the job
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

eddy out with david
RBNI1910.JPG
SIVT3616.JPG
small dog - big ambitions
oldlobster

Post by oldlobster »

That stick was huge, but ambitious Eddy was not going to let it go! love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Eddy was my last walk of the day today - last but not least with this little pocket rocket He wanted lots of sniffs and wanted to lead the way and so that is what we did. He also wanted lots of treats - bless him. He is such a dear little dog - respect his boundaries though and let him come to you. On the way back to the kennels we met up with Stan walked by Tricia and Eddy was very happy to have the reassurance of a RR walking companion. He loves to follow and be included in a little walk. I left him in his pen with treats. Great little fella - see you again soon. Heart fill with love.gif]
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Lads, lads, lads! It was a boys’ day out for Eddy and Stan as they took to the somewhat muddy tracks for a potter. Eddy was out of the traps like a rocket and looking for all things plastic to carry about with him. Saying our hellos to his namesake Eddie in the woods, we crossed over the road and began the bigger Smallfield loop.

Eddy and Stan are an extremely complimentary pairing, walking well as a pair with Stan at the front and Eddy trotting close to him. Plenty of sniffing today, with the fresh rain bringing a selection of scents. Both dogs did really well with both traffic and passing folk walking dogs.

Coming to the end of the walk, Eddy spied his treasure, with a Diet Pepsi bottle sitting in the middle of the path - surely the bounty was his? Sadly not - Stan nipped in and got it ahead of him, leaving Eddy crestfallen and only brought back from his sulk with some sausage treats.

A great walk with two fantastic lads!
F706AC06-126F-4511-B6BF-A17AB646BAED.jpeg
8BB178A6-AAF0-4DDE-AD06-93ECFE6047FE.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Eddy partnered up with Bruno today and, with the bridle path blocked by a fallen tree, we decided to head over the motorway to Smallfield to have a run in one of the parks. With the windy weather having blown a lot of litter around, Eddy was in plastic bottle heaven, snapping up Fanta, Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Lucozade bottles at various stages. However most of the walk he just went around with his fantastic smile on his face.

Eddy did particularly enjoy Bruno playing a game of chase with him and it certainly got the blood pumping for those of us trying to run in wellies! A top chap and magnificent company.

BE6A288D-EBA9-4FF1-862A-22AFAE2B31CF.jpeg

B05C71A2-87DC-42C3-843F-FB995A9044DF.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I just love your forum write ups! They bring out the best in our amazing RR terriers and are so whimsical that I chuckle from start to finish and I love your photos too. Thank you!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”