Eddy PatterJack DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Eddy PatterJack DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
eddy1DSCF9726a.jpg
Eddy's Story: Eddy grew up in a single person' family enjoyed the beach and had doggie friends. He went to a friend for 2 months and came back defensive. Eddy has bitten and can not cope with incoming carers so his owner has needed to find a special family for him. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Eddy is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Eddy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
eddy2DSCF9686.jpg
eddy3DSCF9702.jpg
eddy4DSCF9704.jpg
eddy5DSCF9712.jpg
eddy6DSCF9706.jpg
Eddy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hi Lynne
Hope you are well. Any chance you could help this boy. The info below is from owner's friend. She thinks Eddy’s problems may have started a couple yrs ago when he was looked after by a male for several months. He’s had a lot of transition in past few months as owner unable to care for him. They have tried lots of rescues but none can take so are now desperate. He’s possibly Patterdale x jrt ?
Claire

Info from friend -Hi
Eddy is 8 years old, he has been neutered. He has bitten, he has bitten his owner but mostly disturbing him on her bed, other strangers who approach to stroke. He can be a gentleman. Unfortunately he has to be rehomed because he owner has terminal cancer and needs carers twice daily. This is not possible if Eddy is there
Thanks and I hope you can help Karen
Eddy.jpg
anne

Re: Eddy PatterJack DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Eddy is a lively little boy, with lots of character. He came trotting out with Lynne to enjoy the autumn sunshine. He is very alert to everything that is going on, hopping on and off the big log to get a better look at his surroundings. He needs someone who understands his terrier ways and who can enjoy and appreciate his lively, inquisitive, happy character.
He made me smile!
eddy7DSCF9684.jpg
eddy8DSCF9697a.jpg
eddy9DSCF9720.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Wow - gorgeous little dog - I just can't wait to walk him.
April111

Post by April111 »

I enjoyed a nice little potter with Eddy today. He welcomed me into his kennel and jumped up to say hi, I kept hands off as we didn’t know each other and didn’t want to upset him if Eddy is a hands off kinda chap but it was good vibes.
Eddy walks well, definitely keen on the squirrels but boy were there loads about today and was good to return to his kennel with a little ball he’d taken out with him but soon lost interest in.
RosC

Post by RosC »

bighug.gif I walked little Eddy again yesterday. Although he can be a little nervous when you go to get him out he loves his walks and is clearly happy to be out.
He didnt mind the rain when we were caught in a shower and loved playing in the puddles, chasing all the floating leaves!
April111

Post by April111 »

Eddy greats me like a true friend in or outside his kennel and is always ready to go for a potter.
With the rain we’ve had the ditches are very full but Eddy decided to have a drink and so started a game of blowing bubbles in the water and snapping at them. Honestly not seen it before.
Very gentle play and Eddy didn’t get over excited and was happy to let me walk on as the rain started to pour.
Eddy seems to like balls and we found one of our walk which he took back with him.
I am sad to leave Eddy at the end of our walks, he’s pretty small in a big kennel and doesn’t deserve to be in kennels but he’s adjusting well.
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked little Eddy today he is small but walks fast and enjoys his walk when he learns to trust he will be a lot of fun very interested in all that is going on very food minded so easy to train
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we havnt had that many stick carrying terriers at the rescue but we now have spencer who is potty about sticks and yesterday we found out that eddy is another one altho he chose a 7 foot plus v thick log completely in the ditch/stream on the bridal walk and after a bit of friendly moving it around he decided to pull it out managing somehow to pull it halfway out before we managed to get him away from it- you can see from the pictures how big it was and not quite sure how he managed to doghandle it out - anyway eddy is one sweet patterjack who we look forward to walking again
IMG_2126.JPG
IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2137.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

This dinky, rather beautiful, little patterjack may be small but he has a large personality. He is turning into a really friendly little man - won over I would think by lots of treats through his pen door before I contemplated walking him. Today he walked with Sonny and he showed Sonny how a well behaved little dog behaves. He clearly has no problems with other dogs - just trotted along enjoying a sniff or two with his head held high and his tail held high. I really enjoyed this first walk with Eddy and look forward to walking him again. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”