Sonny Fell terrier DofB 16.09.17 Fetcham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sonny Fell terrier DofB 16.09.17 Fetcham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
sonny1DSCF9453a.jpg
Sonny's Story: Sonny was homed via a Rescue who hadn't neutered or vaccinated. He proved too terrier for his new family though they had seen photos of him with children from another homing. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sonny is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Sonny was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
sonny2DSCF9403a.jpg
sonny4DSCF9387.jpg
sonny5DSCF9407a.jpg
sonny6DSCF9421.jpg
sonny7DSCF9435a.jpg
Sonny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were approached by a family who needed help to find Sonny a terrier aware family.

Sonny came into our Rescue on the 17th October 2020
Love this terrier pose
Love this terrier pose
Sonny.JPG
Cottonsocks22

Re: Sonny Fell terrier DofB 16.09.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Cottonsocks22 »

Oh no yet another heartbreaker!His crying in the video is so sad,as though he is looking for his family who are no longer there! blu1.gif

You will be loved at RR Sonny but there is nothing like your own home,I pray you find your forever humans very soon! Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

I took Sonny out for a wander around the woods yesterday. He seems a little lost and unsure at the moment but he has just arrived and needs time to settle. He was a little impatient while Claire and I were doing his photoshoot but then he is a terrier and there are far more interesting things to occupy him in the woods. He enjoyed exploring, the woods are a great place to be at this time of year.
sonny8DSCF9371.jpg
sonny9DSCF9396.jpg
sonny10DSCF9425.jpg
sonny11DSCF9430.jpg
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Sonny to day this was my first walk with Sonny he enjoyed his walk passed dogs with out a fuss a liitle nervous at the moment but he will settle very people friendly went back to kennel with lots of treats
RosC

Post by RosC »

Ohhh! Love his little beard love4.gif
Look forward to meeting this little chap!
heleny

Post by heleny »

When you read his forum notes you realise what an unsettled, and probably unhappy, start to life Sonny has had. He is only a young dog and yet has been passed around like a parcel. Poor chap!

I went to meet him and walk him today - our walk was in the pouring rain but that didn't seem to bother Sonny too much. He was crying in his pen when I got him and we quickly exited - he didn't want to spend time getting to know me; he just wanted to get out. He is an easy walk - some pulling at the start but then he settled a bit. He was a bit wary - looking around him nervously - probably because his surroundings were unfamiliar.

We passed one or two dogs from the kennels and Sonny was curious but not reactive. This happened twice. I took him back to his pen and gave him some sausages and cheese which he enjoyed. When I passed by at the end of my day's walking he was crying still. I am sure he will settle soon. Kennels are noisy and unsettling at first. Hopefully someone will read about this little dog and want to take him home and give him the life he needs. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

First walk with Sonny today. He was pleased to get out and speedily went about getting onto the track. We decided to partner him with Tigga and it’s fair to say Sonny was taken by him - he didn’t stop checking he was behind us and was very vocal.

About half way round we hit our stride and Sonny demonstrated he was a really strong walker, pushing ahead through the more narrow wooded paths. He’s a fantastic dog who you can see just needs some stability and consistency. Once calmed and cuddled, he wasn’t any bother. He’s also quite the poser - see photos below:

25E95E8C-0307-487A-848D-7A5278DE0E64.jpeg
5FACCD37-0985-4DEC-98B6-0BFE8C297AA5.jpeg
8FC276B8-AED3-4F43-8BBC-10BAF6B25272.jpeg
BA4F2A74-E077-416F-A41F-8406D48E6F41.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Today saw ‘Take 2’ for the new tag-team of Sonny and Tigga and what a difference a week makes. Whereas Sonny was quite vocal last week and really eager to meet Tigga, this week he settled really quickly into the walk and was an absolute joy.

Being a Fell Terrier, the wet and windy Lake District-type weather was obviously to his taste and he was loving skipping in and around the puddles on the track. Whilst still really full of energy, it was well channelled and Sonny seems to be settling well. He’d be a great member of an active family - I think he’d walk all day if he got the chance!

319D50FF-8B96-4571-B59F-E4B9E1539E1F.jpeg
clairek

Post by clairek »

Heart fill with love.gif]
You are a smasher gonna be one lucky family when you are part of their life.
Think I a bit in love 😍
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I met sonny for the first time on Friday what a great little dog so friendly. We met a lady walking her dog and someone on horse back which he had a bark at but when we met them on the way back not a murmur from him. Will make some lucky person a great companion.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”