Spencer Patterdale DofB 11.11.15 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Spencer Patterdale DofB 11.11.15 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
spencer1DSCF9135a.jpg
Spencer's Story: Spencer grew up in a family as a single pet. He had a very good foundation but clear from a young age he was a 'working terrier' through and through. Spencer needs a stoic family who can get the measure of his idiosyncrasies. Spencer is not for children and can't not share with another pet or visiting pets. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Spencer is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Spencer is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
spencer2DSCF9121.jpg
spencer3DSCF9124.jpg
spencer4DSCF9141.jpg
spencer5DSCF9145.jpg
Spencer's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Spencer's families asked for our help as they found Spencer a 'high end' terrier which was making them nervous and felt he needed a 'terrier family'

Spencer came into our Rescue on the 11th October 2020
Spencer1.jpg
Spencer2.jpg
spencer4.jpg
Spencer5.jpg
anne

Re: Spencer Patterdale DofB 11.11.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Spencer trotted out with James yesterday looking super smart in his new red harness. He was a little nervous but was a natural in front of the camera, showing how handsome and cute he is. He is a typical busy, inquisitive little terrier.
spencer6DSCF9131.jpg
spencer7DSCF9135.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Let's hope that 'terrier' family finds Spencer soon. Poor little mite he was looking very confused and unsettled in his bed today and wouldn't take any treats which is not unusual when a dog first arrives at RR. The kennel environment is by nature very noisy and he was obviously feeling totally out of sorts. I hope to walk him soon and no doubt other walkers will do so as well and try to make this little dog feel happier and more settled.
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Spencer today. He was very nervous when I entered his kennel and hid in his basket having a little growl. He hadn't eaten his lunch so I fed him bits of it from a distance and he slowly got up and moved closer. After a few minutes I managed to pick up the lead and off we went. Once out he was a very happy boy and Katie walked Buddy alongside us. They got on well, happy in the company of each other and we had a nice brisk walk.
Once Spencer has settled at the kennels he will be less nervous to meet people and will be very popular with the Terrier fans amongst the walkers love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Dear, dear little dog who appears so frightened in the kennel environment. He had been hiding in his pen in the inside part of his pen all day but as I left I called him out to give him some chicken and some cheese. He tentatively came out and ate the treats off my hand and then licked my fingers. He is such a tiny little patterdale and so sweet. I am going to try to walk him when I next go in. Heart fill with love.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear little Spencer is so lost at the moment, I took him in the paddock for a toilet break, he eventually accepted a couple of treats from me, I understand cheese he loves cheese, I will bring some with me next week, and hopefully I can take him out for a walk :dog-115.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Spencer is really mixed up and confused at the moment. He accepted some chicken from me in his pen and then I took him into the woodland walk. He was obsessed with sticks and it was difficult to walk him. His levels of stress are so high that he would not leave the sticks/any stick and walk properly. He needs lots and lots of tlc - which he will get at RR and then he needs a really understanding home to help him get over the trauma of his unsettled past. Everything crossed for you dear little Spencer. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I was able to walk Spencer yesterday, as Helen mentions he is stick obsessed outside the kennels. I let him have 10 minutes chewing a branch just so he could release some stress. Spencer found a stick and was happy to carry it on his walk, he would stop to have a chew them find another one. I used my firm terrier voice to keep Spencer walking, he did really well. I found out that he loves digging, I let him have time to explore all the new smells. Back in his kennel, I gave him his favourite treat cheese, which he loves. Spencer would need a very special understanding home, to help him with his stress levels, Kiss of love.gif
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked little Spencer today this is the third time i have walked him he does get better each time i walk him i keep him away from the woods so he dosnt get so stressed over wood But he loves to dive into puddles He walks good on the lead has along way to go but with walkers giving him there time all will be good
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I followed Tricia's advise and walked Spencer away from the woods, what a difference it makes to Spencer's stress levels. Spencer does walk very quickly despite being so small!, at one point Jack and Terry were following us, this did not bother Spencer, we stopped to let people walking and on bikes pass this did not phase Spencer. Spencer has received lots of tlc from RR and this is now showing, Spencer just needs his special family bighug.gif

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”