Boris PatterJack DofB 31.08.19 - 31.03.21

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Elaine.scott1

Re: Boris PatterJack DofB 31.08.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took Boris out for the first time today, I received a lovely greeting from him, very easy to put his harness and leads on. Boris is such a sweet boy, very interested in his surroundings and so easy when passing other dogs, he is so loving. I hope that he finds his forever home soon, he would suit an active family bighug.gif
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Stunning looking boy. What a little heart stopper. I am surprised this little sweetie has not been snapped up by a family yet! x :goodluck.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear little Boris, didn't want to venture far today, we did follow Eddie for a while, but he decided to have a wander in the woods, Boris is so good at passing dogs, and is also very affectionate. He was happy to have a good sniff in the undergrowth, and stopping for threats. I do hope that Boris can find his forever home soon, he is just adorable bighug.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Yes Elaine, Boris so needs a home. He is always barking in his kennel and needs to be more occupied. That said, once out of his pen he is reluctant to go far. I managed to persuade him to do half an hour's walk in the woods today. He is such a dear little chap - come on people, read his info and see if you are the right person for him. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Saturday morning and first walk of the day was with the beautiful Patterdale combo of Boris and Bett. Boris was a little reticent to get going at first, not a big fan of the mud. However, with some gentle encouragement and, once past the fork in the normal walking track, he soon picked up and was leading the way, with only the occasional stop for a scratch behind the ear, which he loves and sets him off into a full body leg scratch!

Boris was really good the whole way round, with no problems with passing other dogs and found real energy on the 2nd half. He loved a pose on a tree stump and a quick snack for ‘sit & paw’. He’s a fantastic, sensitive natured little dog, who’ll be a real character in a new home.

Some photos of today’s expedition:
6ABABF60-9308-4880-8139-28AE325332A9.jpeg
16701F53-9E8E-4079-9C47-ACAEDC170A90.jpeg
3A731EB0-3B80-43FB-9D6C-4D20E1DC502E.jpeg
9A29D9BB-80CF-4BC6-A241-525605DF09B9.jpeg
473910BA-89FD-4A28-96AE-6B2E2AC49A1E.jpeg
Alison.osborne

Post by Alison.osborne »

Aw Boris is becoming adventurous :dog-115.gif: full of cuteness Kiss of love.gif
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

The old adage of ‘parents shouldn’t have favourites’ comes into play when talking about Boris, who is (not secretly) fast becoming my top walk. Getting to his kennel, he gave such a fantastic welcome and we were straight out to do the under / over motorway outing.

I think it’s fair to say that a walk with Bozza is like a football game of two halves. First half he’s a little reticent to walk, so you can end up carrying him for periods of time until he decides that walking is something he actually wants to do. Positives of this are that he is in fact very cuddly and does sneak in the odd face lick or two.

Second half and he’s off like a whippet. He ended up overtaking Buddie and led from the front the rest of the way. At two points we had what we’ve called ‘Boris’s Mad Minute’ where he’ll sprint around and play with you, grabbing leaves in his mouth and jumping up to play.

I can’t wax lyrical about the Bozzy Bear enough. He has his idiosyncrasies, like the stop-start first half of the walk, but his gentle, loving nature and bubbly personality mean he’d be an amazing dog for the right house.

FEE4D184-2E31-424C-95C2-9B2949963EDC.jpeg
C80D39B6-F623-41C8-8D5D-248874A60ED5.jpeg
6C44A2B4-8F54-4ACD-916E-FF92AE99F065.jpeg
Alison.osborne

Post by Alison.osborne »

Boris is gorgeous... full of character and energy....so good to see him playing and having fun on his walk. lol.gif :dog_running-186.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Boris loved his walk yesterday with Tricia and Trevor. I was pleasantly surprised because recently Boris has been very reluctant to leave the security of the kennel grounds and certainly hasn't liked walking on his own. Trevor gave him confidence and it was great to see these two little dogs walking along so happily. He is a dear little dog - very easy to walk - a bit noisy as we exited the kennel block but soon settled. Boris is a young dog and needs the stimulation and company which a loving family would provide. He also would appreciate the warmth and comfort of his own home before the very cold of winter sets in. Top dog Boris, your day will come. :crossfingers.gif:
bridgeford

Post by bridgeford »

I walked Boris again today. He's such has such a sweet nature and is always so excited to see me. Today he didn't seem to be in the mood for a walk but instead lead me to the paddock where we had a wonderful game of 'fetch'. Though Boris is still a little unsure of the rules, he hasn't quite got the idea of returning the ball, but we had great fun and expended massive amounts of energy, anyway. Eventually the lure of the ball overcame him and we decided to return to the kennels where he could chew it in peace. He's loves his balls and his toys but is so trusting and will let me take them from him without the slightest complaint.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”