Marvin Patterdale DofB 29.08.13 Godalming

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Marvin Patterdale DofB 29.08.13 Godalming

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed

August 20 Patterdale of the month
marvin1DSCF6774a.jpg
Marvin's Story: Marvin grew up in a challenging family with young children for 4 years. He was then passed around and ended up a 'foster family' with a muzzle. The couple soon realised the family weren't taking him back. He lived nearly 3 years with the couple but did bite when hyper stressed. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Marvin is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Needs a quiet home. Marvin was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
marvin2DSCF6770.jpg
marvin3DSCF6783.jpg
marvin4DSCF6785.jpg
marvin5DSCF6773.jpg
marvin6DSCF6779779a.jpg
Marvin's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Marvin came into us as an emergency.

Marvin came in 23th June 2020
heleny

Re: Marvin Patterdale DofB 29.08.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

I met Marvin today though have yet to walk him. What an absolutely gorgeous looking little dog. He accepted my treats with a waggy tail and a very sweet expression.
anne

Post by anne »

marvin7DSCF6772.jpg
shocked by my attempt at a play bow!
shocked by my attempt at a play bow!
so dinky! smaller than your wellie
so dinky! smaller than your wellie
heleny

Post by heleny »

Just look at these photos of Marvin - thank you Anne - what a great little dog. I just can't wait to walk him! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Cottonsocks22

Post by Cottonsocks22 »

Oh my what a gorgeous little man you are Marvin! k2727.gif love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Marvin was a pleasure to walk yesterday. He’s a little overwhelmed at the moment and didn’t want to walk far but that was fine by me - I needed a rest. We went to the paddock - Marvin showed me his wonderful manners. He will sit instantly when asked -and he knows wait - such a good boy. Reacted to a dog we passed but it was just barking - easily moved on. Xx
20E19CB6-6C5A-47D1-8A5D-DE8CC7D724D4.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

What a lovely photo! He really is the most endearing little dog and I can't wait to walk him. Hopefully he won't be in the rescue for long.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took little marvin out with rexx for company and tbh he wasnt really in a walking mood yesterday staging a 'lay down strike' soon after leaving his kennel - a quick check to make sure i hadnt got zippy out accidentally lol and lots of cajoling and encouragement while rexx watched on amusedly and we were away (but slowly) but he did find some walking rhythm once round the side of the sewage works and while rexx negotiated the bridge styles easily marvin was perplexed as to how to get past them not willing to lower his head and slide under so we settled for lifting him over - round to the common where marvin was thinking 'ime getting the hang of this walking lark now' and kept up with rex nicely both dogs seemingly v dog friendly down to the stream and then a slow walk back - we have taken marvin on a long walk before so i think he was just having one of those days but we think he really enjoyed it in the end- marvin is one friendly sweet little pattie
IMG_0186.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Within the kennel environment Marvin prefers to walk with another dog and so yesterday we followed the wonderful kennel girls who were walking Jasper. He is a lovely little dog who seems to love human contact. Before the walk we had a bit of time in the grounds with me sitting on a chair and him leaning into me. It was the first time I had walked Marvin and wanted to get to know him a bit before we set off. He enjoyed his walk and kept up with Jasper really well, always following at a safe distance. He did the usual terrier stuff - enjoyed lots of sniffs, and the sight of squirrels. He behaved impeccably throughout the walk. Lovely little fella - I really look forward to walking him again. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took the not so starvin marvin out with the not so dippy zippy on the woodland walk yesterday (marvin loves his treats and zippy knows his own mind) both dogs stopping many times as is their want - we tried to get both dogs to do another circuit but zippy espied the paddock and marvin didnt fancy any more exertions on a hot day preferring 20 mins of cuddles treats and belly rubs outside in the sun - marvin is a v affectionate boy who doesnt like to overdo his exercise too much
IMG_0297.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”