Ralph Tiny Jack Russell DofB 14.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

jan&nick

Re: Ralph Tiny Jack Russell DofB 14.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

ralph is becoming a lot more confident on his walks and with people coming into his kennel - its a big scary world out there when ure a lttle over a foot tall but hes beginning to trust walkers and kennel staff slowly but surely - he certainly enjoyed going out on his walk with milo yesterday putting his best paw forward and leading his kennelmate in spritely fashion hes a sweet little dog who should only improve as he learns we are all trying to help him
IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0132.JPG
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ralph is a character who knows his own mind. He decided today he would tell off most dogs we passed.....even though most were 10 times the size of him. He shouted at Genie being walked by terry but then happily followed Genie for the remainder of our walk. He likes to be told what a good boy he is when out and about - he’ll turn and look at me then quicken his pace with a spring in his step. X
DBE4CED7-C764-4F3E-96B1-B3A76E20B58E.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I got to walk Ralph today. He is gorgeous. He is very small but sets a good pace to walk, he was getting bit tired towards the end and gazed up at me with those enormous dark brown eyes, but I got a lovely tail wag so I think he enjoyed himself. I'm a bit smitten!! love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Walked this gorgeous boy again yesterday. Ralph is that tiny dog who thinks he's a big dog! Sets a good pace walking, strutting his stuff, with little chest puffed out and head up, tail up, looking from side to side with keen interest. He is a total cutie. If you like a little JRT with attitude Ralph is your boy. Oh and he takes treats very gently and is very dainty in the way he eats them. He's interested in water but not the leap in and splash type, at least not yet! He has sussed that gazing up at you with those big, very dark, bright button eyes is a good way to get a treat, but accepts with equanimity that he isn't going to get any more and we are walking! :smiley-chores002.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

I met little Ralph out and about with Lynne this morning. Had to take some photos of this adorable looking boy.
ralphie1DSCF7561.jpg
ralphie2DSCF7562.jpg
ralphie3DSCF7564.jpg
ralphie4DSCF7565.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Dear sweet boy
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Well the little pocket rocket and I went for another lovely walk today. He is now happy to take sausage and half gravy bone biscuits from me and is very gentle taking them from my fingers. He does stop periodically and look at me with those wonderful bright dark eyes suggesting more treats might be forthcoming but I point out to him that size wise it's like me eating half a cake and then we carry n walking. Have totally lost my heart to this dear little boy. If you're looking for a very small dog who doesn't realise he is a very small dog here he is!!! woo.gif]
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked tiny Ralph for the first time today. He was very pleased to see me and after 1 treat we were best friends. We had a lovely walk down the lane and back through the woods. Despite his size Ralph walks quite quickly and seemed happy to be out and about. He didn't seem to mind the traffic or the muddy puddles.
Looking forward to meeting him again love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Dear little Ralph gave me a lovely greeting in his kennel when I went in - paws on my legs and a lovely wagging tail. He’s a very smart cookie - he knows if he randomly stops, gives me his puppy eyes, I’ll give him a treat.......we done a lot of stopping today. Ralph is learning to trust, he’ll let me stroke his back now - all at his own pace. I know if he puts his paws on my legs, it’s a yes pls you can stroke my back but keep it short pls. His favourite thing to do is run by my side - he loves it if I run with him - gets excited and tries to do zoomies. Yes, Ralph has his quirks but once you know him, they are easily managed. Xx
Who can resist that face??? X
Who can resist that face??? X
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Ralph is an easy boy to walk, very keen to get going but settles in to a nice steady pace. I took him to the paddock where he had a good sniff around but chose to come to me several times for a back scratch. We then went for a lovely quiet walk, had a sit down in the shade, Ralph perfectly relaxed at my feet. Ralph likes everything on his terms - but with time, patience, he has now become quite accepting of me........although the sausages help a lot. Xxx
6F1C061A-A25D-486B-B3B2-921FB9EB1376.jpeg

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”