Trevor Patterdale DofB 10.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Trevor Patterdale DofB 10.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
trevor1DSCF6529a.jpg
Trevor's Story: Trevor grew up with a child, a very busy rural life and was 10 steps ahead of his family with his terrier antics and ways. Trevor now needs a terrier family who can offer him stability and capitalise on his training and dog skills, whilst being understood for being a 'wired' terrier. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Trevor is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Trevor is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
trevor2DSCF6533.jpg
trevor3DSCF6531.jpg
Trevor's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Trevor's family were caught unawares having a Patterdale in their midst. He has now a chance to settle in a family who are clued up to his energy and inquisitiveness and put his safety first.

Trevor came into our Rescue on the 14th June 20
Cottonsocks22

Re: Trevor Patterdale DofB 10.11.18 Gatwick kenns

Post by Cottonsocks22 »

So many Patties arriving at RR lately,very sad indeed.

Complete bundles of utter madness but the most fun that you will ever have and such loyal dogs!

Good luck Trevor,I do pray that you are not waiting too long and find your very active hoomans soon!🙏
Beth.Payne

Re: Trevor Patterdale DofB 10.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Beth.Payne »

Such beautiful dogs with such sad stories.

Good luck Trevor!
Simpson92

Post by Simpson92 »

Hiya,
How is trevor getting along ?

He looks so inquisitive and very sweet

woo.gif]
heleny

Re: Trevor Patterdale DofB 10.11.18 Gatwick kennK

Post by heleny »

Trevor and I are starting to get to know each other through his pen door. He is now happy to accept treats. I can't wait to walk him - dear little chap who has led such an unsettled life and now needs love and patience. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Trevor was a very good boy on our walk yesterday. We went for a 10 minute walk - then he decided he’d like some fuss and to have his tummy tickled. He plonked himself in the car park, showed me his excellent rolling skills, then kept presenting me with his tummy. We sat in the car park (why couldn’t he pick a nice grassy spot and not concrete :shock:??) for quite a while - Trevor was calm, relaxed, friendly. Xx
C410E2FF-7701-4DAB-BE8D-5E1451C4D759.jpeg
617561C2-488B-401F-B037-6572A47591E1.jpeg
2EBFCFDD-E9FE-49DD-8BDB-2AC05714ACD9.jpeg
378057C4-C6CB-4A99-95F1-C0700F705A42.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Trevor and I have been bonding over cheese for the past few weeks! Yesterday was the first day I walked him as I decided we knew each other enough to spend time in the woods. I was right. He was a great little walk - just loved moving quite fast but stopping for the occasional sniff. We did not meet any other dogs and so I could not tell how he would have responded to other dogs away from the kennels but he ignored cyclists and joggers whizzing by. Great little dog who really seems to have settled. Let's hope he finds his own home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Trevor enjoyed a lovely walk yesterday with Marvin, walked by April. Both boys were comfortable in each others company. Trevor has become much more settled, he now invites strokes and will put his paws on my legs so I can stroke his back. He will occasionally put the brakes on during a walk but can easily be cajoled along. His favourite treat is dairylea triangles - so we always end our walk with one of these. Xx
9937E866-D912-4312-91BD-0F8B8D41E04E.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

I have walked with Helen walking Trevor as he likes to follow another dog. Today was my turn to walk him so Paige brought him out and then joined us with Jasper. Trevor was very keen to keep up with Jasper but also happy to wait patiently while Jasper stopped (frequently!) to roll around in the grass. It was a hot day and towards the end of the walk, when Jasper stopped for a roll, Trevor lay down, stretched out, enjoying the feel of the cool grass on his belly. He is also did this in the stream, getting maximum cooling effect. Sensible little boy!
trevorDSCF7335.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Trevor was very happy to follow his mate Marvin on our walk yesterday. He has not quite reached the point where he is happy to leave his pen and adventure out on his own into the woods. Two dear little dogs - they really seemed to bond and to like each other. Marvin led the way and so therefore there was time for Trevor to indulge in the many sniffs and smells that the woods have to offer. I feel we are getting to know each other and that he is beginning to trust me - patience is a virtue and certainly pays off with these amazing little patterdales. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”