Barney (Jimmy) Lakeland x DofB 14.05.17 Horsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Barney (Jimmy) Lakeland x DofB 14.05.17 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
jimmy1DSCF5524a.jpg
Jimmy's Story: Jimmy was homed via a free-ad to go in with an elderly JRT but they didn't get on. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jimmy is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations is in progress. Jimmy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
jimmy1DSCF5383a.jpg
jimmy2DSCF5396.jpg
jimmy3DSCF5389a.jpg
jimmy4DSCF5418.jpg
jimmy4DSCF5543.jpg
Jimmy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 30.04.20: Hi Lynne, please can you help with a male Lakeland x about 2 or 3 years old Mx

Jimmy came into our Rescue on the 9th May 2020
Jimmy1.jpg
Jimmy.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Jimmy Lakeland x DofB 14.05.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Jimmy emerged from his travel crate with some coaxing from James. Once he was wearing a harness and lead, he physically relaxed and enjoyed a walk and paddock time with James to unwind from his long journey. On collecting him from the paddock after he had been there alone for 30 mins, he ran scared, a little overwhelmed by his predicament. I was able to move him through to a smaller paddock and then gently approach him and then he sat and we talked and I gently approached him and stroked his head as I had earlier on. We talked and I collected his lead and he went into his bed area for his meal with reluctance, bless. Jimmy will soon gain trust. He is a lovely lad.
Eggyem

Post by Eggyem »

Jimmy was a little hesitant and shy when i went to walk him today, However with a few sausages and a bit of patience he decided to give me a chance and we were out of the kennel and off on our walk. He took an immediate shine to Mark and there were plenty of kisses for him ( I tried not to take it too personally) 😀. He is a very easy walk , no pulling at all just trots along next to you. He sat and gave his paw for a treat and is definitely a sausage lover!!
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I'm going to bring sausages with me on Friday and see if I can persuade this gorgeous lad to give me a chance!!! :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Jimmy was out and about with Chris today and after just a few minutes they were best friends, Jimmy giving Chris a full face wash service. 0002.gif]
jimmy2DSCF5515b.jpg
jimmy3DSCF5548.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Met Jimmy for the first time on Sunday. What a gorgeous little dog! He was a little nervous when entered his kennel at first but once I befriended him with a sausage he was happy for me to clip on the leads and get going.
He was such an easy walk, gentley plodding along happy taking in his surroundings. He didn't react to any dogs or people we passed, just walked nicely past or happy to wait whilst we let them pass. He wasnt bothered by the traffic either. Towards the end of our walk he was very relaxed with me and did a few little rolls on his back wanting a tummy tickle. Cant imagine he'll be in kennels for long. love4.gif

20200518_212720.jpg
StefanG

Post by StefanG »

We met Jimmy for the first time today and he won us over instantly! Such a lovely lad - he was excited to see us and settled quickly into his walk and was very easy on the lead. During our walk together, we encountered a car, family groups, cyclists, several other dogs and a few birds and squirrels, and there was no reaction from Jimmy to any of them - a very chilled out boy who doesn't appear to be phased by anything. Jimmy needed a little reassurance and enjoyed lots of cuddles and licks en route. Playing in the paddock after our walk, Jimmy showed off his lovely manners and we had a few rounds of fetch, although he seemed happier chewing the ball rather than running after it! love4.gif thumbs.gif
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_2012.jpg
IMG_2744.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Jimmy looks adorable . Hopefully it won’t be long until your forever home
heleny

Post by heleny »

I met and walked Jimmy for the first time this afternoon. What a totally lovely dog - friendly and so easy to walk. He continues to be a bit unsettled in kennel care and really does need a home asap. He is collecting a fan club at the kennels but he needs his own special person. It was a lovely afternoon and Jimmy responded to being out in the woods by doing a lot of rolling in the grass and undergrowth. He didn't pull at all even when he saw the millions of squirrels in the wood. Lovely boy. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Jimmy again yesterday as I wanted to get to know him a bit better. He is such a lovely boy. He actually walks completely to heel which is such a bonus - no pulling. He loves to roll on the ground almost as soon as he is out of his kennel. He is friendly and affectionate but kennel life is not suiting him. I am so hoping that someone reading this will consider whether or not they could be the privileged person to take him home to the right home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”