Benji Patterdale DofB 19.08.18 Wellington Somerset

Dogs that have found their forever home
jan&nick

Re: Benji Patterdale DofB 19.08.18 Eastbourne Temp Foster

Post by jan&nick »

we have had a great week with benji and lots of positives here are a few -he didnt wee indoors all week just a couple of overnight accidents which we think is pretty good after two months in kennels and staying in an unfamiliar place - he is very affectionate cuddling up to all of us at varying times of the day showing his soft side - he went to bed every night around 930 and we went in to him at 730 each morning without hearing a peep all night any night - he is well trained you ask him to sit and hes immediately sitting and if you have a treat he prob has his paw out before you can finish saying "paw"also if you shut him in a room for a few mins he doesnt whine or claw he just waits patiently until hes let out - we didnt hear any barking in the house at all for four days and then very little- he doesnt pull on the lead liking to just walk sniffing everywhere espec near grass and he loves a nice quiet walk at night although he does let some dogs know hes about- he absolutely loves a ball chase and delights in returning it in lightning quick time - hes not nervous in the slightest of a vacuum cleaner in fact he thinks its a chase game to grab but doesnt barks at it - it was nice to see him becoming more confident as the week progressed and overall he is a lovely dog who has a whole lotta love to give to his new family
IMG_6095.JPG
IMG_6098.JPG
IMG_6131.JPG
jan&nick

Re: Benji Patterdale DofB 19.08.18 Eastbourne Temp Foster

Post by jan&nick »

ty for a great week benji a last walk of hols at ashdown forest and then very very tough (for us) putting you back in kennels we just hope someone recognizes what a great little dog you are and either homes you or gives you another chance to shine on a foster break
IMG_6149.JPG
heleny

Re: Benji Patterdale DofB 19.08.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

That must have been so tough taking him back to kennels Jan and Nick but thank you for his amazing break. He is such a dear little dog - I just love him. With his curly fur and his extra cute face and his lovable, affectionate nature he is just adorable. We had a great walk yesterday - I hadn't walked him for about ten days. He gave me a lovely greeting and off we went into the sunshine of the woods. He showed a passing interest in squirrels and birds (they abound at the moment) but nothing too intense and he kept up a really fast pace as if overjoyed to be out in the sunshine. He is another little dog who pulls at my heart strings and I reluctantly put him back. I can only think that his forever home or his next foster home is just around the corner. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Benji and I had another great walk this afternoon - usually I walk with him in the morning and this time the woods were quite busy with dog walkers with dogs off lead but Benji was very good and allowed me to distract him with some treats. We were out for about an hour and he loved the late afternoon sniffs and the sight of the squirrels. Gorgeous little boy. Come on forever home! love4.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

yes he is a very friendly dog - he was so pleased to see us and to be going out jumping up and down with excitement and we were double pleased to see him (without the jumping up and down) he gets on well walking with basil (he likes to have a walking companion) so a very good natured walk ensued with no barks heard at all - these two like sniffing and were happy to go on slow walk round with benji doing a little paddling in the stream while basil just watched- benji is a lovely well behaved boy who just needs his own family we had a week with him and know how brilliant a dog he will be when he finds his own home
IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6330.JPG
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

he really is a smashing boy - so so pleased to meet and greet us today we took him out with basil down to the stream and back lanes (a lot quieter today) he likes lots of sniffing which allows basil to stay fairly close- benji walks at a decent pace but hardly ever pulls unless he see a squirrel like today when one had the temerity to stop in front of us testing benjis patience - a lovely walk as always and he really is ready to slot into a family and demonstrate what a well behaved boy he can be in a home
IMG_6520.JPG
IMG_6500.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Benji would love to be in a home - just look at his little face - he is seriously endearing and has a superb personality as he is so loving. He and I had a great walk today through the woods. He walked at a brisk pace, stopping to admire the squirrels on his hind legs and to have some treats. I really didn't want to put him back today. Gorgeous dog. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Benji had seen me and was ready for his walk - he let me know by being quite vocal! He is a really friendly little dog and today gave me his usual great greeting. We did the circular walk which takes about 45 minutes and must have spied a million squirrels - well Benji spied them all! He is an easy little dog - trots along beside you, looking up for cuddles, sniffing and munching grass. Great little chap. He does need to learn some manners around the other dogs in the kennels but I feel this would sort itself out in a quieter environment. I hope the right person finds this friendly little patterdale very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

what a great dog benji is cant believe hes not been snapped up yet- very friendly and affectionate he is sooo excited when he first sees you - he always walks nicely with basil both dogs liking plenty of treat stops along with many cuddles - hes a dog that has really improved in kennels and needs a home of his own as soon as possible and we feel sure anyone who homes him will not be disappointed
IMG_6967.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Benji was my last walk of the day. As usual he was a bundle of fun and affection and we both had a great time doing the circular walk through the woods. My goodness me, how he loves squirrels and there were millions of them! It was starting to cool off a bit and so Benji put his best paw forward, with lots of sniffs en route. Great little dog!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”