Edward (Eddie) JRT DofB 01.06.13 Somerset

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Edward (Eddie) JRT DofB 01.06.13 Somerset

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
eddie1DSCF2694a.jpg
Eddie's Story: Eddie was owned from a puppy by an elderly lady who sadly died Oct 19. Eddie was taken in by a relative but he has found the transfer difficult as he had a sheltered life style and they were dog novice. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Eddie is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Eddie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
eddie2DSCF2683.jpg
eddie3DSCF2688.jpg
eddie4DSCF2690a.jpg
eddie5DSCF2696.jpg
Eddie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Eddie

Eddie comes in on the 22nd December 2019
Eddie1.jpeg
Eddie.jpeg
jan&nick

Re: Eddie JRT DofB 01.06.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we took eddie out today for a v harmonious walk with samm and right from the start they wanted to walk together- down thru the kennel lane and up towards the traffic where a few cars wizzed past and eddie took it all in his stride and any early nerves completely disappeared as he happily led samm down the bridal path strutting his stuff with tail high in the air - eddie seems a very nice dog friendly jrt
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_3412.JPG
IMG_3401.JPG
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

I walked Eddie this morning a dear little soul slowly coming out of his shell .a little lost at first but slowly finding his way in life enjoyed his walk didnt pull on his lead lots and lots of smells Nothing seemed scare him a little jumpy but still walked good Good about going back to his kennel
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

Eddie is yet another star jrt at the kennels - walks v nicely with another dog (samm today) and seems v calm and sure of himself - he met a couple of horses today plus a king charles nose to nose and no reaction at all - if you are looking for a calm quiet relaxed dog eddie is your boy
IMG_3597.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Eddie this morning he isnt so nervous allowed me to change leads and off we went a little quiet for a Jack but happy he allowed me to stroke him .He was pleased to see me almost had a smile on his face sad to leave him but he had his chews and a few biscuits
xxlynne

Re: Eddie JRT DofB 01.06.13 Brimfield Herefordshire

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Cathy & David travelled to day to meet our terriers and Eddie captured their hearts. He has come along way since arrived in building trust and enjoying the company of people, his walks and the company of other dogs. Cathy & David had 2 of our Jack's 5 years ago Minnie and Jack Sadly last year they lost them both...2020 offers new opportunities for all and Eddie is the little sweet lad who is going to benefit with his horizons gradually expanding
April111

Post by April111 »

Oh my gosh!!!

This is great news for little Eddie as he’s not been happy in kennels even for this short time but he’s coped so well. Cannot believe he has found a lovely family. I’m alittle sad I didn’t get to say goodbye as really had a warm spot for this little man and sad to think he won’t be there to say hi to tomorrow and take out for a pee break, but it’s because of the best reason, he has a home. Wooooohoooo go little Eddie.

Hope you are all very happy together.
Harris Homestead

Post by Harris Homestead »

(Since returned)
Hello Rescue Remedies Team
We are happy to report that Eddie had a quiet trip back to Herefordshire yesterday evening - he was a very good boy in his transit crate for the journey. Eddie explored the garden on his lead on arrival, followed by a light supper. After that he spent the evening between Cathy's lap in front of the fire and checking on Dave in the kitchen.
Start of Eddie's Journey Home
Start of Eddie's Journey Home
First Evening in Herefordshire
First Evening in Herefordshire
He had a restless first night - as we would expect with all new sounds and space - but has settled down beside me on the sofa as I write this short update. We will have a relatively quiet first few days whilst Eddie settles in, and allow him plenty of space and time to gain confidence in the environment and learn the routine. I will post more photos later in the week along with an update

We are very grateful to all those at the rescue who have played a part in his journey so far, thank you for your splendid support

Cheers, Cathy
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Little Eddie came back to us a few days after homing. Dear Eddie's nerves got the better of him, and his bitdear David. He had shown signs of concern and seemsed to be settling. We will continue to build his confidence and range of contacts so he will be come more self assured. We are looking for a one person home with a sensitive strong terrier person to allow Eddie to unpack his little suitcase.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took little eddie out yesterday with annie for a well natured but at first quite vocal walk - annie started the barking with eddie enthusiastically joining in but they soon settled and walked nicely together albeit not too near- eddie is a sweet dog who can get a bit nervous but showed little sign of it out on our walk with both dogs enjoying a long walk round neither tiring at all (altho i did see eddie in his basket soon after the walk having a little rest) he walks v nicely and is a pleasure to take out
IMG_4009.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”