Alan (Frodo) Patterchi DofB 26.09.15 Coulsdon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Alan (Frodo) Patterchi DofB 26.09.15 Coulsdon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
frodo1DSCF1969a.jpg
Frodo's Story: Frodo was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Frodo is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Frodo is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
frodo2DSCF1915.jpg
frodo3DSCF1911.jpg
frodo2DSCF1966.jpg
frodo5DSCF1931a.jpg
Frodo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hi Lynne,

I was going to ask if you would consider Frodo? He is a Patterdale that came in as a stray, was homed but came back quite quickly for growling. He can be nervous and he had a lump come up on his leg, he had it removed which is why I didn’t mention him the first time. But we have had the results from the vets and they have said that it was a mass cell tumour but they are confident that they removed it all. He is a lovely and has improved so much, just needs a patient home that will let him trust them, pic attached.

Kind Regards Mikey

Frodo comes on the 12th November
Frodo.jpg
Jacqui : )

Re: Frodo Patterdale DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jacqui : ) »

He's a miniature chap with a velvety muzzle and the gentlest touch in trying treats from my hand even when he was really hungry (having just arrived). Though his legs were shaking at first, he accepted being picked up before his photo call and then starting his walk. Frodo came along with just a small amount of encouragement and soon his ears went up, nose down and tail wagging despite some stiffness in a hind leg. He enjoyed investigating the peaceful summerhouse and decided to hop up beside me on the sofa and relax. Then he spotted the deep cushion in the basket instead. Settling in for 40 winks he seemed to get more comfortable lying down. He'd have liked to stay put, but came over for treats and let me take him back. No pulling, no panic just patient tolerance. Frodo has a quiet trust which is just waiting to blossom.

He didn't object to any of the manoeuvres getting a harness and coat on and off. Frodo wasn't jumpy and there were no growls.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2338.JPG
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I bumped into Chris and Frodo today, Thursday is my RR admin day at the kennels and today I had my own RR dog, Penny the Shih Tzu, with me. Frodo was a little reluctant to walk but once he saw Penny he perked up and was happy to step forth. They were soon walking shoulder to shoulder, his tail up and wagging and a spring in his step. We had a fab wander through the woods and I have to say Penny and I are both smitten 🥰. Someone please offer him a sofa quick!
JamesShears

Post by JamesShears »

Frodo came for a day out with us today. He met my dog and my partners two dogs as soon as we got home and they all got on straight away!

He seemed to bond with my girlfriend straight away - definitely a ladies man ;)

After an hour at home we took a drive to Littlehampton, West Beach for a nice walk along the sand. Frodo was so well behaved, he put himself in the car and crate the moment I opened the door. Once at the beach he followed Wilson's lead and had such a great time! We met so many off lead dogs as there always is on this beach and Frodo behaved like the perfect dog.

Then back home for a nap all together on the bed and a bit of dinner before heading back to RR.

We all fell in love instantly with Frodo today, he is such a gentle and well behaved little guy and reeeeeeeeeally loves his tummy being tickled.
❤❤❤❤

20191123_153115-01.jpeg

20191123_152507-01.jpeg

20191123_131442-01.jpeg

20191123_120800-02.jpeg

20191123_101138-01.jpeg

20191123_101004-01.jpeg

20191123_100909-01.jpeg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh get you little Frodo. What a lovely little guy ! So glad he had a good day out with you all

Frodo likes to take me to the small paddock and a tour of the estate, but not too far away. He has definite ideas on where he wants to go. So today I was going to leave it at a comfort break until he spotted a tailgate open in the car park and made a beeline. Though he's little, he was up in a flash, nosing about for some sausages on offer and quite reluctant to call time even after 4 pieces! A few minutes later two jack russells passed us on their way to walk and he decided he'd go along too. Frodo trotted along happily in the spontaneous pack. All three new acquaintances behaved beautifully, no issues at all and we did a long circuit past traffic and through the quagmires. A fair distance for those mini legs, but Frodo would willingly have done more than his 10k steps. Dog company is very motivating for him.
Orla

Post by Orla »

Well... little Frodo is a star k2727.gif. We had to wait around for a while for Frodo’s walking companion Hadley dog. Frodo literally transformed when Hadley appeared..... he transformed from apprehensive little Frodo to confident Frodo striding out into the world and thoroughly enjoyed his walk.
He is a beautiful little dog with bags of character and I saw no sign of a growl just a little chap who wants to be with his humans - oh and another dog walking buddy would be a huge bonus Heart fill with love.gif]
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

If I promised that I would do something for you today then I apologise cos this little man took up all my time! Frodo had a day out with his RR Shih Tzu girlfriend, Penny, today. We started at Earlswood Lakes for a romantic walk (video to follow) then a shared breakfast of a freshly cooked sausage. Frodo met any and every dog superbly from a 12 week old puppy to an ageing staffie, he is polite and friendly to all. He collected quite a human fan club as well, male and female, he was happy for attention from anyone.

Then it was time to go home for a mooch around the garden and some good old TLC. He was quite happy when I let our rabbits out (still separated by a puppy fence), he had a look and a sniff but did not want to investigate further. He also met one of my cats, again a quick glance, he allowed her to approach without giving her any further attention - fantastic little guy with the small furries!

Penny tried her utmost to get him to play chase but it was not to be, she had to be content with some sociable sniffing of all the new smells in the garden.

Frodo was pretty clear that what he really wanted to do was snooze on the sofa so that's how we spent the afternoon and that's why I didn't get any work done (although I did get to watch two films!!).
Frodo1.jpg
Sunbathing too
Sunbathing too
Frodo3.jpg
He loves to rest his head or paws on you, a point of contact at all times while he sleeps. He also has an amazingly cute habit of wrapping his paws round your arm while he sleeps and you give him tummy rubs love4.gif (He does snore though!!!!!)

If you are looking for a loyal and faithful companion then this is your man, he doesn't ask for much and he'll reward you in heaps with snuggles and cuddles galore, just love him! Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”