CharlieBrown Patterdale DofB 16.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

CharlieBrown Patterdale DofB 16.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:58 pm

Current Status: Available
charliebrown1DSCF0500a.jpg
CharlieBrown's Story: CharlieBrown lived with his owner and grew up with Daisy the cat. CharlieBrown is on medication for epilepsy but is well controlled. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. CharlieBrown is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. CharlieBrown is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
charliebrown2DSCF0495a.jpg
charliebrown3DSCF0485.jpg
charliebrown4DSCF0501a.jpg
charliebrown5DSCF0488a.jpg
CharlieBrown's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help CharlieBrown as his male owner has become increasingly immobile and the family felt it was time to find a new family for CharlieBrown so he can enjoy walks again.

Elaine.scott1

Re: CharlieBrown Patterdale DofB 16.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:51 am

CharlieBrown was my last walk of the day, poor boy is very confused as to why he is in kennels. I am sure over time with the love from everyone at RR, he will blossom into the wonderful Patterdale he is, and start to enjoy his walks. Heart fill with love.gif]

anne

Post by anne » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:43 am

charliebrown6DSCF0510.jpg
charliebrown7DSCF0492.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:31 am

Charlie Brown is such a dear little dog. He really enjoyed his walk and liked company so we walked with Marv (and Trishia). We set off through the woods in the drizzly rain and he was so glad to be out of his pen. Once back he enjoyed some treats and I left him eating his breakfast - he usually does not like being left after his walk. Lovely little chap who so needs a home now that the cold and damp of the winter is on its way. positivo1.gif

Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:38 pm

What a difference a week makes, dear CharlieBrown was eager to go out for a walk. His little tail was wagging and he readly accepted treats on the walk. He loves an ear scratch and leans into you for cuddles. He walks so well and enjoys the occasional sniff in the undergrowth. His breakfast was waiting for him when we got back to his kennel, he was happy to go in and eat. Such a sweetheart, it would be lovely to see him in his forever home Heart fill with love.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:48 pm

I so agree Elaine - Charlie is so much more settled now and really enjoys his walks. Today, for the second time, we walked with Marv (and Tricia) and he behaved so well. He loves a little ear scratch and gazes at you so earnestly. I so so wish someone would give him the right home soon before the cold of winter sets in. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Charlie is a dear, dear little dog. How confused must he have been feeling. After the comfort and security of his home and his owner he finds himself in kennel care. He is settling and absolutely loves his walks. Today we had time and so we went for a longish walk - well over an hour and Charlie behaved impeccably throughout. He does not respond negatively to other dogs and does not seem to be phased by anything. Bless him - he seems to shake a bit but is easily calmed and reassured. He would make someone a lovely companion and it would be such a nice thing to do to take his little terrier home - home to creature comforts, love and warmth. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Dear little CharlieBrown was happy to be going out for a walk. He is starting to get more relaxed on his walks, he now stops to have a sniff and takes an interest in his surroundings. We stopped to have a treat and a cuddle, I got a little kiss, I feet very privileged. This little lad should be in a loving home, he would make the perfect companion. Please consider this dear little lad for his forever home Heart fill with love.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:47 am

I took CharlieBrown out for a walk yesterday with fellow walker, Ann, and cockerpoo Marv. Charlie likes company on walks and so loves being out of his pen and in the woods. He is a dear chap and does not have too much energy as he is an older chap. He would make someone a very lovely companion. I think he is a great little terrier. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Tricia B

Post by Tricia B » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:45 pm

I walked Charie brown he loved being out walking he soon learnt i had chiken in my pocket didnt like puddles walked past other dogs with no problems he walked at a fast pace but i could keep up with him ok with cars passing he is a real gent Its the first time i have walked him it wont be the last

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”