Milo Fell Terrier DofB 18.09.18 Chipping Norton

Dogs that have found their forever home
dymphnae

Re: Milo Fell Terrier DofB 18.09.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by dymphnae »

Milo is a lovely boy. He's not used to other dogs so will get very excited and barky. We work on that with calm walks with kennel mates. He's responsive to your voice and he's a quick learner. He needs someone to continue his training and they'll be rewarded with cuddles galore!
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

What a great boy. If you like a feisty terrier he’s your guy but that’s only towards other dogs and passing traffic. To a true terrier person this would be easy to
Manage and because Milo is such a good listener and very engaging it could be a progressive training program. He’s a pure delight to be around and comes in for super cuddles on our walk ... I adore this boy , he’s a super duper terrier 💙 and so easy on the lead
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh and he takes treats so gently !
I’ve asked Nada to add my video as I’m useless at that lol
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

CE0248E0-284C-4FB3-8210-DE0512705840.jpeg
743E2F0F-6242-4A90-BB16-1DFCDFD41697.jpeg
C4E2AAA7-36D1-49B3-A54A-FF5823A228DC.jpeg
Lovely little Milo - such a little dog but with such a huge personality. He bounces around on his lead, but he is so small and light he is easy to control. In the paddock he comes alive with a ball, but most of all he just wants to cuddle up on your lap.

Maika

Post by Maika »

Milo_4_opt.jpg
Meeting awesome (and very handsome! love4.gif ) Milo I have learned:

Milo LOVES:
Tennis balls! :dog_running-186.gif:
Milo-2_opt2.jpg
Whole, chewed up, with bits missing – it does not matter to little Milo so long there is a hooman around to play with him! Milo is keen to please and will eagerly bring you back his beloved ball so you can throw it again for him (and again and again if you are game) unless we go with his second love:

A play of “Find It!” Milo and I have great fun at hiding and finding little treats! Only trouble is he is so watchful and quick to find him you have to be even quicker at hiding them first! My training goal with Milo is to eventually fully reverse roles and get him to hide little treats for me instead (I am thinking along the lines of cake, biscuits, a cuppa - maybe? :dog-115.gif:

Cuddles! And this one came as quite a surprise to me as Milo comes across as quite the go-go-go terrier with lots of energy, bounce and playfulness (he is only just 1 after all!) but if you sit down with him he immediately comes up to you, leans right into you and literally stays there foreeeeever if you just show him a little love in the form of an ear or neck scratch! A strong reminder that he really is still just a little baba who is simply longing for some human contact and warmth.
Milo-1_opt.2jpg.jpg
In terms of (non-hooman) contact with his own kind Milo still has some learning to do as he is rather unsure of other doggos and seems to get flustered by them. Ideally, little Milo would greatly benefit from a hooman with some terrier experience who can show Milo that he is safe with them and doesn’t need to get worried by other doggies because you’ve got his back. In turn, Milo has soooo much love and affection to give (and tennis balls) so please do consider giving this wee man the forever home he is longing for and deserves so much
k2727.gif
Milo_3_opt.jpg
Milo_5_opt2.jpg
Milo_2_opt.jpg
Maika

Post by Maika »

I was very lucky to have Milo babba for walkies again today and we had a lot of fun together so wanted to share a few more pictures of our little adventure today in addition to the previous post.
wheyhey.gif
The first pictures are from our countryside walk this morning and Milo just loved being out and about, thoroughly enjoying the different views, sounds and smells which to a doggo like him must be like an explosion of the senses when most of his days are currently predominantly spent in kennels (but we both hope not for much longer!). We had a little break on a bench for snuggles, treats and I think Milo quite enjoyed feeling like a big doggie, being perched high up on that bench – you can just see so much more than when you are only quite little!
Milo_4_opt4.jpg
Milo_1_opt2.jpg
Milo_2_opt2.jpg
Milo_3_opt2.jpg
After our walkies we played one of Milo’s favourite games - “Find it”. Because he is always so focused and quick I came prepared and armed with 2 of my doggos’ toys today where you can drop treats into little cavities and cover them for your doggie to sniff out and find. Needless to say this was right up Milo’s street, he figured out really quickly what he had to do and he was so engaged with it that he actually completely forgot his tennis balls! Best of all; I have honestly never seen his little tail wag so much in sheer joy!
Milo_7_opt2.jpg
Milo_10_opt2.jpg
Milo_11_opt2.jpg
Milo_12_opt2.jpg
Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 »

I spent some time with Milo today and we had an enjoyable time. He decided he did not want to go for a walk so we went into the exercise area where he happily played with a ball for a while. When the rain got heavier he wasn't so interested, he wanted to stand on a garden chair playing king of the castle! We moved into the hut where Milo jumped around on and off the sofa, investigated all the smells, under this, round that before suddenly jumping and leaping around in a playful way, he was clearly quite excited! I think Milo was grateful to get out of the rain and have somewhere dry to sit and play. Reluctantly we returned to the kennel. Milo is a typical terrier he is lively, he is prey driven but he has a very loving side and he`s a handsome little chap. He would fit into an experienced terrier family nicely. Heart fill with love.gif]
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Lil'Milo was such a good boy on an Induction walk the other day for me. He showed his typical terrior traits, but he walked well with encouragement and reassurance. He certainly enjoyed the cuddles in Hamish Hut after the walk!
OPT 1 Milo Terrior.jpg
OPT 2 Milo Terrior.jpg
OPT 3 Milo Terrior.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Little Milo was an extra add on walk for me today and even though I am not really a terrier person (I am a staffy girl through and through) I was really taken with him and thought he was so loving and cute, he surprised me with how much he wanted attention and affection. I was expecting him to be a bit aloof but no he was not at all, he just loved to be cuddled and wanted to be on your lap. He did not want to walk far, so I picked him up and carried him out of the car park, again no problem with me doing that, in fact I think he liked it. I did manage to get him down to the island but he was much happier coming back home and then we had some fun and a few games in one of the enclosures which he loved. He is a sweet little chap who has no edge to him around humans (he just loves them) but he is not too keen on other dogs, he did bark at the greyhounds Billy and Maddie on the way back (they totally ignored him!) but he it was no big deal as he is so small and light to handle. If any one is looking to re-home him please don`t be put off by the fact he wears a muzzle when out and about, he is fine with putting it on. When walking he does sometimes try to get it off by rubbing it on the back of your calf but he didnt succeed today. 0002.gif]
How cute am I ?
How cute am I ?
Lil Milo terrier.jpg
Shay_1

Post by Shay_1 »

Lil M,
I actually could take you home, your a joy to be around and your little dance that you do makes me laugh so much.
I love seeing your name appear next to mine in the walkers diary. thumbs.gif

You are typical terrier nature, loving, happy, wants to rummage in some bushes, down holes to try and find your way out!!!
You love cuddles and balls!! If I could leave you in a ball pit I would, you'd be soooo happy woo.gif]

Walks, well but ultimately loves to release that little fire energy you have!! :dog_running-186.gif:

Your a happy and cheeky chappy, youll make a lovely companion x

IMG-5197_opt.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”