Milo Fell Terrier DofB 18.09.18 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Milo Fell Terrier DofB 18.09.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Current Status: Available
milo1DSCF7544.jpg
Milo's Story: Milo was returned to a breeder at 4 months old and homed to a family as a 'Jack Russell puppy'. They relinquished him at 10 months old as he was too terrier for their situation. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Milo is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Milo is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
milo2DSCF7534.jpg
milo3DSCF7521.jpg
milo4DSCF7528.jpg
Milos progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Family wanted help to rehome their dog
Milo.jpg

anne

Re: Milo Fell Terrier DofB 18.09.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:01 pm

milo5DSCF7517.jpg

RosC

Post by RosC » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:22 pm

I have had the pleasure of a walk with Milo Saturday and again today. Milo is shouty around other dogs but it is not in an aggressive way, he just doesn't seem to understand what to do! Saturday we walked with TimmyTim who was having a couple of nights back at the kennels. Timmy is extremely laid back and doesn't bat an eyelid at being barked at. Within a few minutes of walking Milo was settled and walking closely to Timmy. Today we walked with Buster. Again an initial bark and then Milo was fine apart from when we visited the stream, that was too exciting 0002.gif]
I am not a terrier person but I really like little Milo, he is very friendly and if you call his name he is easily reassured if he does become barky. I get the feeling he just needs a bit of exposure as his ears are always relaxed and his tail is up and wagging nearly all the time. He also loves a little cuddle love4.gif

JaneE

Post by JaneE » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 pm

I walked the absolutely gorgeous Milo today. Wow what an amazing boy he is. Completely engaged to my chatting away to him as we walked, tail wagging and so joyful.
He was a bit barky when we passed one dog but very easily distracted with a treat the next time.
I didn’t want to put him back after our walk so we went to the paddock for a while.
Milo was very entertaining with his retrieval skills. He just kept forgetting to pick up the ball before he charged back to me to throw it again! Then lots of cuddles. I think Milo loves a cuddle. Which was fine by me as a terrier cuddle makes my day Kiss of love.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:39 pm

I met Milo for the first time this afternoon, what a lovely boy. He was very welcoming when I entered his kennel and was excited at the thought of going out walking. He walks at a nice pace stopping once in a while to sniff new smells. We did meet another dog out and so we kept our distance which seemed to help as Milo didn’t react, I think it also helped that the other dog didn’t react either. Milo is certainly a gorgeous affectionate boy, I do hope he doesn’t remain in kennels for too long. love4.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Milo certainly made it known that he wanted to go out this afternoon and so I couldn’t resist him. We had a couple of cyclists pass by on a narrow path which Milo didn’t react to at all, he just wanted to go up and say hello. He is reactive to the dogs when taking him in and out the kennels which is not surprising as they are very noisy but as soon as he is back in his kennel he settles immediately. bighug.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:49 pm

Milo is still just a very young dog with lots to learn about the world - but he has a very smart head on his shoulders and in the right home would flourish. The last two Sundays he’s enjoyed social walks with other calm dogs. He barks at them initially, unsure of what to do but quickly settles. He likes to follow rather than lead and walks calmly behind another dog. Milo is very people friendly - he’ll jump up nicely for cuddles and a stroke. He’s a dear young boy who just needs a little help with his dog skills. Xxx.
38DC7B39-7AED-4FE3-922D-26BFA633E411.jpeg
B4772F45-BE97-46CE-859E-76D338082387.jpeg