Jack (Smidge) JRT DofB 01.07.17 Crayford Kent

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Jack (Smidge) JRT DofB 01.07.17 Crayford Kent

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:19 pm

Current Status: Homed
smidge1DSCF7097.jpg
Smidge's Story: Smidge was found in a hallway in his house where his poor owner had passed away many days ago. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Smidge is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Smidge was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
smidge2DSCF7118.jpg
smidge3DSCF7088.jpg
smidge4DSCF7110.jpg
Smidge's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: "Smidge a 6 year old Terrier, Found in a corridor in the house having been there many days with his owner dead in the house. Not sure if he's a previous working terrier as prey driven and alert out and about; not sure if good with other dog's but lovely with people." Kirstie 4Paws
Smidge.jpg

anne

Re: Smidge JRT DofB 01.07.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Dear little Smidge is a delightful, friendly chap. He was excited at the prospect of a walk and walked out of the block without taking any notice of the other dogs barking at him. First stop was for his photoshoot. He found this a little boring and in terrier fashion preferred to occupy himself having a good old sniff around. He did bark at a couple of passing dogs but as soon as he realised they were not coming into his space, in fact not interested in him at all, he quickly calmed down and got back to the important job of sniffing.
We set off for a walk with Florence the Aylestone bulldog. Initially Smidge was a bit jumpy and barky but Florence's calming presence soon soothed him and he was then very happy to share his walk. In fact I think he rather enjoyed having a canine friend to walk with and he was keen to keep up with Flo and stay close to her for the rest of the walk. So while Smidge can be wary of other dogs he can also settle walking with a sociable, confident, calm dog too.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
smidge5DSCF7119.jpg
smidge6DSCF7121.jpg
smidge7DSCF7108.jpg
smidgeFlo1DSCF7130.jpg
smidgeFlo2DSCF7133.jpg

chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:03 pm

I met little cutie Smidge today, and he is definitely a little heart breaker. What a lovely boy he is!

He happily lapped up fuss and cuddles in his kennel, and didnt mind at all when I had to find a harness for him and resize it on him.
20190720_104651_opt.jpg
He was spritely and happy on his walk, and only gave one little bark at another dog we saw whilst out. We did a good 45 minute walk and he seemed to love being out and having a good sniff of everything. No pulling or making any reaction to cars, roads or people.

Very sweet boy!

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Heart fill with love.gif]
I have walked little Smidge today for the first time and I am smitten. He is such a friendly, beautiful little character. He let me enter his kennel and put his harness on without any fuss and off we went for our walk.
He didn't seem interested in the stream but popped his head in every bush, nook and cranny, sniffing it all in.
As much as I am looking forward to our next walk, I hope he will find his forever home soon! ♥️

JaneE

Post by JaneE » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Well what can I say, I’m in shock. I’ve never walked such a calm terrier ever! This is ones not just for terrier lovers. He’s such a sweetheart.
On our walk we stopped to chat to Jen and Ruby and walked a way with Chris and Hardy
And Smidge was the perfect gentleman,
We then nipped to the paddock for some off lead time and a cuddle.
Smidge’s recall was fantastic. He’s never met me before but came straight back when I called him. And he’s rather fond of a cuddle.
He’s an absolute joy and whilst I hope he’s homed really soon, if not I’m so looking forward to seeing this lovely little chap again soon love4.gif

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:23 am

Heart fill with love.gif] good luck Smidge x

xxlynne

Re: Jack (Smidge) JRT DofB 01.07.17 Crayford Kent

Post by xxlynne » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Reg and Kathleen came to meet Jack (His original name) and fell in love..the pictures capture everything.
IMG_4652.JPG
IMG_4654.JPG
IMG_4655.JPG
IMG_4656.JPG

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:16 pm

Awww Jack I’m so happy for you, enjoy family life little one and all the love you could wish for love4.gif

Be happy all woo.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 am

Aw, what lovely photos. Jack looks so smug, like he's saying "I have adopted these people as my slaves" 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
:havefun.gif: thumbs.gif woo.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:40 am

Elliesmum wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:49 am
Aw, what lovely photos. Jack looks so smug, like he's saying "I have adopted these people as my slaves" 0002.gif] 0002.gif]
:havefun.gif: thumbs.gif woo.gif]
Exactly what teresa said ... 0002.gif] 0002.gif] roflmao.gif bravo1.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”