Derek Welsh Terrier DofB 06/2016 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 pm

Current Status: Available
DSCF5106.jpgderek.jpg
Derek's Story: Derek was found stray 2x nd owner refused to claim him second time. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Derek is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Derek is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF5089.jpgderek.jpg
DSCF5099.jpgderek.jpg
DSCF5117.jpgderek.jpg
DSCF5126.jpgderek.jpg
Derek's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:

anne

Post by anne » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:50 am

Derek is a little bundle of happiness. He loves people and will make himself at home on an lap available. He was a natural posing for his photos and then after getting cuddles from all the volunteers he could find he happily trotted off with Charlie for his walk.
DSCF5097.jpgderek.jpg
DSCF5123.jpgderek.jpg
DSCF5132.jpgderek.jpg

Kathys

Post by Kathys » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:05 pm

What a handsome Welshie love4.gif love4.gif
Missing my walking at Broxbourne - I may have to make a trip to Gatwick!! thumbs.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:35 pm

I met Derek for the first time this afternoon, he is such a lovely bundle of fur which feels so soft. He was very good taking him out of the kennel block and back in, ignoring the other dogs barking at him. Derek is such an endearing boy making little snuffly squeeky noises along the way. He is a good fun boy, I imagine he will not be with us for too long. love4.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:31 pm

I had a wonderful welcome from Derek this afternoon he was just so pleased and excited to be going out for a walk. Whilst out we had two off lead dogs pass by which Derek did bark at initially which I think was only meant in a friendly way but we moved out the way to let them pass by by which time Derek was more interested in searching in the bushes and undergrowth and so no further reaction. We made our way down to the stream which Derek enthusiastically waded into and enjoyed having a cooling down. He is an alert little lad and is quite excited when he spots squirrels but as soon as he realises he cannot chase them he carries on walking. Derek is a pleasure to take out, he is good company and a character. bighug.gif

LouiseR

Post by LouiseR » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:26 am

Seeing this little chap as I passed the kennels I couldn't help saying hello. His little tail wagged enthusiastically to say hello and he took his treat so gently and placed it on the floor for later as he was more interested in chin tickles. What an absolute sweetheart he is!
love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:47 am

Derek is a very popular little chap. He has an ever growing fan club at the kennels.
He has also had a smart new haircut...….
derek1DSCF5868.jpg
derek2DSCF5871.jpg

sibirro

Re: Derek Welsh Terrier DofB 06/2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sibirro » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 pm

jan had a nice little walk round with the v friendly derek who behaved impeccably throughout although when he spotted a deer in the grounds he naturally reacted a little bit to it he is one v sweet and handsome terrier who we are sure is going to be v popular with the walkers and has all the traits to make a great family dog
IMG_1777.JPG