Lenny Patterdale DofB 02.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
xxlynne

Lenny Patterdale DofB 02.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri May 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Current Status: Available
lenny1DSC08167%20-%20Copy.JPG
Lenny's Story: Lenny has grown up with an older terrier and 2 cats. Being a Patterdale is bold and upfront and his original owners found his energy stressful. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lenny is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lenny is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lenny2DSC08160.JPG
lenny3DSC08163.JPG
Lenny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Lenny's family have asked us as Patterdale Terrier Rescue to help Lenny to find a terrier focused family who get his energy and 'enthusiasm'
Lenny.JPG
Lenny1.JPG
Lenny2.JPG
Lenny3.JPG
Lenny4.JPG
Lenny5.JPG

Jazz33

Re: Lenny Patterdale DofB 02.03.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jazz33 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Lenny is a wonderful little character. Once he was familiar with me he perched up on my knee and licked my ear! Well behaved on the lead, very patient crossing the road. He didn't seem fazed by much at all - scary roadworks with a truck full of cones, road signs and a man climbing about in the back, no interest. He didn't like a big vehicle transporter full of cars (who does!) but he just looked at it and carried on. He sits for treats. Likes to roll on his back in the grass! This dog does not deserve to be in kennels, he needs a loving home. Please consider adopting him angel13.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]

Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Today Lenny had a day out from kennels and spent the day with myself and my partner. He had a lovely long walk on our local common, very well behaved. His little excitable trot is adorable! A rather large deer appeared from the grass in front of us and ran into the woods, Lenny just stared in amazement, no attempt to pull towards it. He was a bit more interested in a squirrel but easily distracted. During the walk we met a family with 2 small children, Lenny was happy to stop and say hello. He then had a rest in our home where he had a nap on the sofa. After he was happy to jump around and play with my partner. He met our 3 cats without any problems. Before going back to kennels he said hello to our neighbour, Dave who made a fuss of him. Lenny is a young dog who is well behaved but lively at times. He needs reassurance at times and would suit someone who has plenty of time for him.
20190521_144526.jpg
20190525_121655.jpg
IMG-20190525-WA0013.jpg

Beth Crawley

Post by Beth Crawley » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:51 am

I walked Lenny today and he is absolutely delightful. Easy to take out and walk, no pulling at all. We passed a few dogs, walkers and a runner and he just watched them go by, no excitement at all. Lenny was quite timid at times so needed some reassurance - at one point he sniffed a feather and it stuck to his nose which gave him a fright bless him. We had some lovely cuddles when back in the kennel. 😍

Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:07 pm

It’s no secret that I completely love Lenny.
He’s a sad little sausage alone in his kennel but boy does he transform once in company!
He gave his usual “oooh, I’m soooo over the moon you came in to see me” welcome and off we went for walkies.
We shared our walk this time with Rocky the Patterdale and his walker and the boys’ first outing together was a massive success.
Lenny ADORED having doggy company and Rocky was such a good boy walking with him.
At one point, Lenny did a few play-bows at Rocky and then proceeded to do zoomies around my legs so intense was his delight at having a pal nearby!

Lenny is a complete sweetheart and as an added bonus is beautiful to look at so what are you waiting for? Send in that form!

Sarahk

Re: Lenny Patterdale DofB 02.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Lovely Lenny came over to Gatwick yesterday - I hear he's quite the singer in the car !!
But all was quiet on arrival and Lenny enjoyed a walk with Chris before posing for his photoshoot love4.gif
DSC08167.JPG
DSC08172.JPG
Lovely handsome boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:46 pm

and some more ...
DSC08158.JPG
DSC08162.JPG
DSC08163.JPG
DSC08166.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Christinetully

Post by Christinetully » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:36 am

I had a long jog/run with the adorable Lenny such a great boy... easy with traffic ... motor bikes passing ... other people - what a joyful, bouncy, endearing little guy! Sits at kerbs, checks in with you and looked really interested in everything! He did snort at a large feather that he found (!) and snuffled hopefully at the gates into every big yard we passed!?! Lenny made my day love4.gif