Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Chichester

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Chichester

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
darcy1DSCF1097a.jpg
Darcy's Story: "Darcy needs to be homed with a person or couple who have the time to spend with her and help with some training. She wouldn't be good with small children. She loves her walks. Playing with her toys and pulling soft toys apart. She loves to chew on her antler and loves a yaks milk stick. She also loves her kong smeared with peanut butter or cream cheese. She loves raw carrots and cucumber. And is partial to a bonio (yes, I know)!! She eats both dry and wet food. She loves lots of cuddles, and her tummy rubbed, can be very Lickey!! Darcy loves a shower, and is very good, and she even let's you towel dry her too before she gets out of the bath. She will be a very loving and loyal companion for anyone who is willing to dedicate the time and show her the love that she craves. She is a little cutie and is quirky." Owners write up...sadly Darcy lost her home due to a relationship break up Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Darcy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Darcy was in in Teddington in foster whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
darcy2DSCF1077.jpg
darcy3DSCF1088.jpg
darcy4DSCF1091.jpg
darcy6DSCF1070a.jpg
Darcy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Darcy to find her new family who get terriers and know how to keep them safe and enjoy their FIZZ
DarcyTR.jpg
DarcyTR2.jpg
DarcyTR1.jpg
anne

Re: Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 OwnHome Cambs

Post by anne »

darcy5DSCF1094.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Stunning photos, Anne Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Re: Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Gatwick

Post by EmmaNicole »

4CDA0605-8D5E-4650-BE50-0EBC3304D7FF.jpeg
I got to meet the ever so pretty, dainty little Darcy today and she is a little poppet. On entering her kennel Darcy was a little unsure but started to be won round with a piece of sausage. We were quickly on our way and despite being obviously overwhelmed by all the noise on the block Darcy didn’t react to any of the dogs. Darcy’s next challenge was the mud! She really wasn’t sure about it but bravely set off regardless. Darcy walks exceptionally well on lead and just trots along beside you. She does get a little nervous sometimes and stops for some gentle reassurance. Darcy is a dear little girl who is very unhappy in kennels and would desperately love a home to call her own.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I met and walked Darcy for the first time today. What a dear little dog with her pink sparkly collar with the bow and her sleek lovely coat. She has obviously been well loved and is finding life in kennel care daunting. She is very nervous when you approach her in her pen but quickly became happier when I offered her pieces of sausage. She enjoyed her time in the woodland walk and was a real little lady - no pulling or excited barking when she saw another dog. Hopefully this dear, diminutive little terrier will be out of kennel care soon and into the comfort of a warm home. I left her very reluctantly today as she wasn't happy to be back in her pen.
Suegalvin

Re: Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13. Teddington Foster

Post by Suegalvin »

CFE9F768-6534-486B-A474-90E897AAEDD6.jpeg
Darcy is making herself at home in Teddington.
Suegalvin

Re: Darcy Patterdale DoB 08.13 Teddington Foster

Post by Suegalvin »

A72B7C2A-531F-4F62-8117-098082F5D725.jpeg
I have discovered Darcy’s love of tennis balls!
She is slowly adjusting to her new surroundings. Becoming calmer. We walked with Bella this afternoon, sadly no photo. Darcy needs a bit more time to get used to all her new friends.
She loved Bushy Park this morning in the sunshine. So much to sniff and explore.
Suegalvin

Re: Darcy Patterdale DofB 08.13 Teddington Foster

Post by Suegalvin »

Darcy is such a sweet dog. She is so happy in the Park she wants to sniff everything. She saw the deer for the first time today and was very well behaved.
48DEE32D-431A-4056-918E-B0903C16DAC9.jpeg
Suegalvin

Post by Suegalvin »

Darcy had a lovely long walk this morning, in Bushy Park again with Millie and Cassie my friend’s dogs.
DBAAE1DF-444B-4446-A7E3-CE12092D7CE5.png
C0070C6F-5E30-47CD-90C0-823719AE0950.jpeg
She is slowly becoming less nervous of other people and dogs.
Suegalvin

Post by Suegalvin »

Darcy and I did a Bushy Parkrun NOT The Parkrun but our own version. She kept up easily with me, she only had to fast walk for my jogging! She is exhausted now though - but I think that’s because she met the lovely Frodo today. No pictures yet she’s still very nervous but hopefully soon. Instead here’s another photo from Bushy Park.
8EFB5750-22E8-40FE-8E34-81B60B778EAC.jpeg
Sorry I can’t get some photos to be the right way round.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”