Olly Patterdale DofB 03.08 Uckfield Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Olly Patterdale DofB 03.08 Uckfield Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
ollie1aDSC08078.JPG
Olly's Story: Olly came into us in Patterdale terrier rescue as a 6 month pup and we homed him in with a Jack Russell at the time. Olly is good with people 7 grandchildren and smaller dogs. Olly has always been a bit overwhelmed with large dogs. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Olly is neutered, chipped, and vaccination to be started. Olly is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Ollie2DSC08073.JPG
ollie3DSC08075.JPG
Ollie7.jpg
Olly's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Olly's owner contacted us to explain 2 years ago when he split up with his then partner they had agreed to keep Olly in the residence he had known all his life. However than the ex-partner turned up and stated she didn't want him anymore and Olly was suddenly expected to get on with a Boxer & Shepherd. Try as they did Olly could not except his 2 large family canine members which has prompted Olly having to be returned to his Rescue 11 years after homing.
Ollie9.jpg
Ollie1.JPG
Olly came back to our Rescue on the 13th April
lucyloo

Re: Olly Patterdale DofB 2008 Guildford Kennels

Post by lucyloo »

Lovely little Olly must be so confused, but it hasn't broken his spirit and he was up for a play earlier this week. Adorable little man.
MandaTK

Re: Olly Patterdale DofB 03.08 Guildford Kennels

Post by MandaTK »

Gorgeous x
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh Ollie you poor chap. You will find your next home soon x
MrsM

Post by MrsM »

Olly was so excited when I entered his kennel, I had a job getting his harness and lead on - he would not stand still, not even for a treat! He became even more excited on his walk and started to hyperventilate so we just had a short walk and retreated to a paddock for some calm . A few tennis balls lobbed into a paddling pool soon cooled him off and as he grew calmer he began to accept treats and finally jumped onto my lap for a cuddle. He is a sweetie but is finding kennels a bit overwhelming at the moment poor lad.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Olly is an older Pattie who is still full of life and with lots of love to give. He's so dinky amd so easy to walk, he deserves a sofa and family to call his own. Easy peasy boy!
MrsM

Post by MrsM »

I had the pleasure of walking Olly again this week and he seemed happier and much more settled. He was keen for some action and when we stopped at my car to pick up a water bottle he jumped straight in and had a good nose round my car! He does run out of puff quite quickly so we had a half hour walk and half hour in the paddock for chasing tennis balls and cuddles. He is a sweety and only little - he would not take up much space on your sofa!
MrsM

Post by MrsM »

Little Olly was in fine form this week. I had a job getting into his kennel without him escaping and it took a few minutes to put his harness on correctly as he was so excited he could not stand still!
He has got a lot fitter now and he managed a 45 minute walk without running out of puff. He was a joy to walk and passed traffic and walkers without any issues. He did reject some of my treats though - he only wanted the expensive ones! Please offer him a home - he needs home comforts at his age.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Ollie is just a joy to walk. Sweet little boy who responds well while out and about. He gets a bit excited when he sees other dogs but he's a friendly soul and soon settles walking with his kennel mates. Super little chap who deserves a loving new home.
Sarahk

Re: Olly Patterdale DofB 03.08 Gatwick Kennels

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet little Olly yesterday - sweet patterdale boy, come on let's find him his new family complete with sofa which is where this boy should be love4.gif
DSC08069.JPG
DSC08077.JPG
DSC08076.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”