Billy JRT DofB 2013 - 15.10.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Billy JRT DofB 2013 - 15.10.19

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF6621.jpggibbsblikksen.jpga.jpg
15.10.19: Sadly Billy's Harness failed today and he ran straight out in front of a car....Simon held him in his arms as he died
Billy (2).jpg
Current Status: Homed
Billy's Story: (Gibbsy homed 17th April) Their owner lost her property and had nowhere for her boys to go, as the arrangements she had made let her down at the last minute. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving their lives. Gibbsy is Billy's father and is 1 year older. They can be nervous by nature when meeting new people, but are very loving. They grew up with a young child. They may have a rice sensitivity. Billy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Gibbsy was homed in April 19. Billy was in boarding kennels nr Guildford awaiting their new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF6636.jpggibbsblikksen.jpg
gibbsBlikksem20180909_105031.jpg
Billy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
5th Sept desperate call from owner as had nowhere for her dogs as for 2 days time on the 7th September.
Chapmania

Billy JRT DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Gibbs & Billy love4.gif love4.gif xx (Gibbsy now homed)

I met and walked this delightful pair on Sunday. When I went into the kennel both boys were in their baskets shaking. I sat down and started talking to them. In no time at all they were both on my lap and giving me kisses. They could probably smell my girls so were quite comfortable around me. They totally ignored the other dogs in the kennel block as we left. Both boys walk well on the lead with no pulling. We started off through the woods where the boys were busy sniffing all the new smells on offer. Next was a stop off at the Poets Hut where the boys enjoyed cuddles. Gibbs was happy to take sausages but Billy turned his nose up at them! We then continued our walk where both boys were happy walking with passing traffic. They crossed the road nicely. We saw a couple of dogs out but they didn't react at all. These boys have so much to offer. Somebody is going to be so lucky to have them. Well trained with excellent manners. Would love to spend time with them again. love4.gif xx

20180909_104836.jpg
20180909_105031.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked these two sweet boys this morning, you get a lovely welcome, they are very easy to harness. We had a lovely walk in the woods, they were so excited when they spotted squirrels and desperate to follow them! Typical terrorist nose to the ground and investigating every new scent. These two are really bonded, and they walk beautifully together. Please consider these two sweeties for their forever home :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

(Gibbsy now homed) It was great to be able to spend time with this lovely duo again today. What a difference I saw in them this week. As soon as they saw me by their kennel door they came running up to greet me. As we walked through the kennel block Billy was a little barky towards the other dogs. Much more confident this week. Both boys were eager to get out of the kennel block and get on with their walk. They were quite pully but this is easy to manage. A lot of it was just down to shear excitement. We saw other dogs out and about which both dogs had a little bark at. Billy is more the feisty one of the two. They loved their walk investigating all the new smells. A horse rider was approaching us so we stepped aside into the woods so that the horse could pass by safely. Both dogs had a little bark but soon stopped when asked. The horse rider remarked how lovely the boys were. As we were walking back to the kennels through the woods, a squirrel dared to run up a tree in front of the boys. Both of them barked excitedly and stood up on their hinds legs for a better view. It was really lovely to see the boys more settled this week and their characters emerging. Fantastic pair, very loving, well mannered and great fun. Typical terrier boys love4.gif xx
20180916_103316.jpg
20180916_103334.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Cathy and Derek came on a very rainy day and as they arrived the sun came out and its warmth made us all happy... Gibby & Billy bee-lined Cathy and their nerves faded as Derek proceeded to fuss the twosome. Happy days and years ahead...
GibbyBillyhomed13.JPG
delboy

Post by delboy »

(Since returned)

Gibbsy and Billy are settling in to their new home reasonably well. Gibbsy has taken to his new circumstances brilliantly but Billy is finding the transition a bit more challenging. They are both very strong on leads and sadly intolerant of other dogs but we are making small steps to deal with this. Taking them for walks seperaty has allowed their individual personalities to appear.
heleny

Post by heleny »

(Gibbsy now homed) Emma and I walked this lovely pair today. It doesn't really need two people to walk them both but, in their excitement at leaving their pen, they can squabble a bit and so we were being cautious. They love their walks and show terrier like behaviour in the woods - an avid interest in all other forms of life especially squirrels, an intent interest in sniffing leaves and other debris in the undergrowth. We left them snuggled up together for warmth and comfort in one basket. This little pair so need a home - hope that happens soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Finally got to walk this lovely pair again today. I love them love4.gif They are typical terrier boys, always on the alert ready to chase anything that moves basically! They love their walks and will walk for as long as you want to walk them. Both of them are up for adventures. I find them easy to manage but then I have 4 of my own. Gibbsy and Billy will need terrier experienced owners who will understand their needs and behaviours. Although they are not keen on other dogs, they love people and enjoy lots of attention and cuddles. They are really lovely boys who are wasted in kennels. xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Gibbs (now homed) and Billy helped me with a taster for a new walker in on Friday, lovely walk was had by all :D
1F4257D2-65D9-49AE-A6CF-B4A1A62200B9.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

(Billy blue harness : Gibbsy green harness now homed) Chicken test for the Boyz we couldn't find any cats they were up above their heads watching!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”