Harvey JRTx DofB 08.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Harvey JRTx DofB 08.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Current Status: Available
DSCF2886.jpgharvey.jpg
Harvey's Story: Harvey grew up with children then aged 8/9 and a Labrador as a puppy. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Harvey is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Harvey is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2920.jpgharvey.jpg
DSCF2935.jpgharvey.jpg
DSCF2926.jpgharvey.jpg
DSCF2862.jpgharvey.jpg
Harvey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Harvey's family were going abroad and couldn't take Harvey with them

Harvey came into our Rescue on the 30th March 2019
Harvey1.jpg
Harvey2.jpg
Harvey3.jpg
Harvey4.jpg
Harvey5.jpg
Harvey6.jpg

April111

Re: Harvey JRTx DofB 08.04.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by April111 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:11 pm

I walked Harvey today. Yesterday he was very unsettled and growled at me through the door so when I went in I crouched down to say hello and he came straight over and leant against me for a cuddle. Once out Harvey was great on the lead, very gentle and well behaved, he’s a little chunky and with his good manners and friendly disposition he’s clearnly been loved. Once back at the kennels he wasn’t keen to go back into all the noise but was happy for me to pick him up and have a little cuddle once in.
This little chap is a heart stealer and I hope he finds a home very soon.

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 pm

Sweet little cuddly dog who must be so confused at finding himself in kennel care after the comfort and love in his home. He enjoyed a short walk with me yesterday with lots of sniffs. Let's hope he finds his home very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:07 pm

Lovely boy love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:25 am

DSCF2932.jpgharvey.jpg
DSCF2927.jpgharvey.jpg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

I met and walked little Harvey today. Goodness he is tiny! But he is a bit rotund, so after I had given him a little gravy bone biscuit by way of introduction I hardened my heart and even though he sat very upright like a Meercat and suggested another one might be in order, I told him we had to walk a bit first!! Harvey was very happy to go out for a walk, he ignored the two very vociferous terriers opposite, other than trying to scootle through the door very fast to get away from their barking and we had a lovely walk. He walked beside me all the way, his little legs working overtime, on a nice loose lead, he took the two very small treats I gave him on the walk very gently and with gratitude. He was so good about lettng me dry him off back in his kennel, and really enjoyed having his little chest rubbed. Harvey is a poppet xxxx angel13.gif]

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:25 pm

I met Harvey for the first time today, before going into his kennel I offered him a treat through the door which he accepted very gently. It was easy to clip the leads on and get him out and in the kennel block despite the noise two dogs were making opposite him. Despite his short little legs he keeps up very well. Harvey really is a lovely boy, I will look forward to taking him out again. angel13.gif]

Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Harvey is an absolute sweetheart, he walks a really good pace considering he has tiny legs! He is very good when passing other dogs, no reaction. He loves to meet people hoping to get a treat or two. He is very gentle when you give him a treat. I hope that Harvey gets his forever home soon. Heart fill with love.gif]

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:06 pm

Incredibly sweet x

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:47 pm

So I looked forward to walking Harvey today and was delighted that no-one had got there before me. He is such a sweetie. I gave him a biscuit whilst I sorted at the leads and then we were off. He ignores other dogs, whether in the kennel block or outside. He really enjoyed his walk, and I have discovered that Harvey loves water! He was really interested in the stream and would obviously have liked to explore it, but for once a I was wearing sketchers shoes ( not waterproof) rather than wellies so I didn’t let him go down to it. Then he found the remains of a puddle on our walk and happily paddled through it. I shall let him go down to the stream next time! Harvey is a total sweetheart, takes up very little space and would love to be in a home of his own again angel13.gif]