Buddy Patterdale DofB 13.02.16 Weston Super Mare

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Buddy Patterdale DofB 13.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Buddy met the very lovely Connie today and they gelled! Lovely to see them in the paddock together. We love playing happy families. As you can see Claire and Mark are chuffed!
Buddyhomed1.JPG
Buddyhomed.JPG
Buddyhomed2.JPG
Buddyhomed3.JPG
Buddy goes home on Wednesday he has his little suitcase packed and by his kennel door awaiting!
Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Buddy has come back on our books. He will need support on car journeys.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Bless him - will see you later this week Buddy. You are a great little dog and hopefully will find your forever home asap. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I took Buddy out this morning for a walk through the woods. He is a dear little dog and seemed subdued. He walked very close to me, looking up at me from time to time for reassurance. He is not a dog who thrives in kennel care and it would be great if we could find someone to take him home - someone who will allow him time and space to settle and who will deal with his dislike of car travel. He is such a well behaved, gentle little terrier and really would enrich the life of the lucky person who takes him home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I took Buddy out for a walk again this morning. As usual, he gave me the most lovely greeting and then we set off. love4.gif He is such a well behaved little dog and walked close by me throughout the walk, occasionally looking up at me - maybe hoping for a treat or two - he loves his treats! We did a circular walk through the woods and we met a couple of horses, a person running, and several dogs. Buddy stayed calm throughout. I am crossing everything that he is homed soon. If I didn't have cats he would be coming home with me. I just love him! love4.gif :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Buddy with Leeanne and Nyla, they were both so well behaved, they did not take any notice of each other. I got a lovely greeting from Buddy, he was happy to walk through the woods and the field's. We stopped for the occasional treats and of course a cuddle. I hope that Buddy's forever home comes soon, he does not cope very well in the kennels. He would make the perfect companion for the right home angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Buddy greets me like the old friend I feel I have become. He let me harness him today and just stood patiently while I did so and then we were off. He walks well and to heel, looking up at me frequently for reassurance. He didn't want to walk far today and so we pottered around the woodland walk, down the lane and ended up in the hut where he had his usual treats. He loves his treats. He really isn't too happy in kennel care and it would be great to see him homed in time for Easter. He is an absolutely great little dog. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Buddy and I have spent time together twice this week. He gets very excited when he sees me and, of course, snaffles the treats I give him. Kennel life seems to make him very hungry. Buddy is going through a phase of not wanting to walk far - this is different to when he first came in. He will lead me to where he wants to go and that is always to the hut. He is a gentle, well mannered, wonderful little dog and I just cannot understand why he is still with us. [cry.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear Buddy was up for a longer walk today, I let him lead the way and we had a wonder down the lane, and by the side of the woods. Buddy is such a pleasure to walk, he never pulls just walks by your side. No reaction to other dogs, and he is happy to greet other walkers in the hope that he can get a treat! I do wish Buddy's forever home comes soon, he is not happy in kennels, he would make a fantastic addition to the right family Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

I agree how sad for Buddy's mum I can certainly understand what a difficult decision it must have been to rehome this lovely boy. I met Buddy for the first time this afternoon, he is such a super friendly boy and was very keen to go out for his walk. There was no problem at all getting him out of the kennels but once outside he seemed very unsure as to which way he wanted to go so I just took things slowly giving him encouragement along the way. I found he enjoyed running and so this little lad had me running up the lane, I think he thought this was a good game. As mentioned in previous comments when Buddy realised he was going back to his kennel he was very reluctant and so I tried to turn it into a fun game throwing sausage treats In front of us so he had to hunt for them, this seemed to work. Once we got back to his kennel he enjoyed a few more treats. Buddy really is a fantastic boy. Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”