Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Bridgnorth Shropshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
leahonthemove

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Guildford Kenns

Post by leahonthemove »

**Weekend Foster #3**
:smiley-chores002.gif:

Louie is slowly coming out of his shell and he is such a sweet little man. I have put a video clip together from his time with me thus far......hopefully it says it all, an amazing little dog!
:goodjob.gif: angel13.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]

Video best viewed in full screen (scroll to far right and hit "[ ]" looking icon and sound.

leahonthemove

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Guildford Kenns

Post by leahonthemove »

**Extended Foster**
:smiley-chores002.gif:

So as I sit here and update Louie's page, he is being such a good boy and lapping up the fact that its the Weekend!
Lou Chilling.jpg
Louie has had an extended break with me and will continue to stay with me as a long term foster. I have seen such an improvement in his confidence and general behaviour over the past week and coupled with his AMAZING capabilities in being left in the home while I go to work (I come home at lunch, so he is left for no more than 4hrs at a time) it seemed such a shame to take him back to the kennels, so after a discussion with the Rescue, it was agreed Louie could stay on a longer break and this will no doubt bring stability and assist with his already amazing progress.

Some updates from my past posts:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gaining confidence within himself. He doesn't scamper away when I walk past him anymore.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Gaining trust and confidence while out walking, but still needs to be short leaded when people/dogs/bikes go past.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Continues to need to wear a Muzzle - this will be an ongoing requirement for Louie, NOT because he's an aggressive dog but because of his tendencies to lunge when felt threatened in public with people in his space.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
He is still a good guard dog and I never discourage his natural instinct to protect his "home" however, when I think he's going OTT he happily listen to instruction of "ok, that's enough now, good boy".

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Is more confident when visitors come when he is taken to the door (on lead) to meet them with me.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
He is still super affectionate and such a cuddle monster but also he's happy to be in his own space.

Its super positive in how much he is growing in himself. Spending so much time with this little dude, I can safely say that he will thrive with someone that loves an affectionate dog, someone that WILL be an "on lead/muzzled dog" advocate owner and has a calm home. If this sounds like you then Louie will be your perfect little furry soul mate!
Screenshot_20190427-081843_Video Player.jpg

Sarahk

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Aldershot Surrey

Post by Sarahk »

Awww, great news for Louie, thankyou for helping him thrive :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jojokate

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Aldershot Surrey

Post by Jojokate »

Hi ya!.gif
Great news for Lou Lou. Such a fabulous boy with an amazing personality. To see him thrive with you Leah is everything he deserves .
Have fun x
dymphnae

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Aldershot Surrey Foster

Post by dymphnae »

Love him so much, and hoping someone sees these fantastic vids and will give him a forever home.
leahonthemove

Post by leahonthemove »

***Foster Update***

Hi ya!.gif

Louie has been doing great in foster with me. He still finds being out in public a challenge with people/bikes/dogs in his space and this can be managed with treats. However we met Pip & her Dad in the park and Louie was brilliant, once he worked out that he was not in harms way, relaxed a little and even gave a paw on knee 0002.gif] (ref to video clip). This spatial awareness can spill into the home with visitors, so I would recommend a home that is calm and not a busy environment for Lou Lou.

How I rate Lou Lou CURRENT tolerance for:
Big Dogs ⭐⭐
Small Dogs ⭐⭐⭐⭐
People/Bikes/Dogs Outdoors ⭐⭐⭐
Unknown Visitors indoors ⭐⭐
(known visitors Louie appears to be ok with this)

The above points I feel are the main focus points for Lou Lou when it comes to working with him, other than those he is just amazing. This little dude is such a sweet soul and is super easy to please and is the perfect house guest

Heart fill with love.gif] .

He has a cheeky personality and loves a play rumble, loves his food and balls, but he is not a dog that needs constant entertainment, he's happy to go with the flow :biggrin.gif:

Ill let the video and pics speak for themselves.....

Laying in Sun.jpg

F1.jpg

Couch Chill.jpg
leahonthemove

Post by leahonthemove »

Week by week Louie is making progress which is great to see and with his confidence slowly growing his little personality is coming out. For example, when he wants to play and I'm not paying attention to him, he'll stare at me and give me a little playful grumble... Cheeky chap 😂

We had some good walks where he didn't lunge or bark at people or bikes or scooters passing by but it's evident that when it's busy he tends to get more vocal (for this reason I don't take him high density dog/people parks) so until such time that his trust is fully restored, Louie is not for busy areas. I think Louie has more issues toward humans than he does dogs, but he seems more cautious toward larger dogs. I find when he meets humans, if they bend down to his level he is fine, he doesn't like people standing over him. Reasons for this is unknown but something from his past has caused this "insecurity".

In the home he is getting more relaxed and will bark with noises outside, which in my opinion makes a great little guard dog and he is responsive with being told "enough".

I've noticed he likes his breakfast first thing around 7:30 and dinner around 5:30. Currently he has a mix of good quality wet/dry dog food, chicken and mixed veg. He loves his chicken and sausages (chicken 🐓 and sausages used for treats when out).

He is great with being left alone, at the moment it's 4hr stints and he's coping really well, when I come home during the day he is usually up on my bed ❤️, that's his comfy place 😁.

This little boy is so easy going, a gentle little soul that's will thrive in a calm home and a confident owner to progress with his confidence.

So proud of your progress Lou Lou...
Love you little dude ❤️
Heart fill with love.gif]
leahonthemove

Post by leahonthemove »

Hi ya!.gif from Louie and Me.....

Well....this week has been a FAB week for Lou Lou.

- Less Lunging at humans thumbs.gif
This has been supported with space and treats (he loves sausage and is a good distraction for him)

- Success with walking with other dogs thumbs.gif
Being with other dogs on walk has been great this week, so much so that this will be a weekly things for Lou Lou, while I'm at work for "in office days"
Dogs.jpg
IMG-20190516-WA0013.jpg

- Scampering away in the home is now only limited to big bangs or falling objects thumbs.gif
Initially Louie would be nervous of most things, even me walking past him.

- Good with instruction of "here/come" - only when he hasn't spotted a squirrel 0002.gif]
Louie Squirrel.jpg
- Is now happy to stop at street corner when instructed, for crossing the road. thumbs.gif

I am totally enjoying the time Louie is spending here with me and its just so heart warming seeing him grow in himself.

He is in routine pretty much here:

- Breakfast first thing
- Lunch after his walk
- Dinner around 6pm
- He knows when its bed time and loves to bolt upstairs and launch onto the bed.
- Like to protect the house from outside noises

Although we have come such a long way since the beginning of the of MAR, I will continue to stand by this little guy and help him everyday with just experiencing what life should be like.

The below criteria, I still believe would make for his perfect home:

- No small children.
- No cats or furries
- Could live with another dog (but this would require testing for compatibility as we do with our applicable dogs and resident dogs)
- Calm home that's not busy with people, Louie like to be in a calm environment.
- Affectionate owners, he loves to cuddle and to be cuddled.
- Having an understanding of his "shyness" and being able to give him security and support.

I'm so proud of you Lou Lou! You've done amazing this week
:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Attachments
Looking amazing in the Sun
Looking amazing in the Sun
Screenshot_20190510-084059_Video Player.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Louie is doing fab, thank you Leah for fostering him. Love that last pic of him. love4.gif :goodjob.gif:
leahonthemove

Post by leahonthemove »

**Louie Update**

Louie is doing amazing. From the dog I started to foster over 2 months ago to the dog he is today, I cant praise his capabilities and the change in him enough. He was a nervous dog that felt intimidated by the outside world (and in doors too), especially to humans but now I am seeing a dog that's gaining confidence and is accepting my trust in that the world is not all bad. He has a cheeky little personality but most of all he is just such a sweet loving boy.

Over the weekend we had a BBQ, of which I shared with Lou Lou, I was teaching him the Aussie way on how to cook a Barbie 0002.gif]
20190525_174821.jpg
I stripped his coat, which now looks amazing, his coat just shines in the sun!
20190525_165315.jpg

We also had cuddle times and just hanging out.
20190521_152333.jpg
20190523_214038.jpg
20190522_202814.jpg
20190525_174935.jpg
20190524_195228.jpg
We also had a muzzle free walk, as there was no one around, he loved being able to chomp on the grass! Muzzle free is done ONLY when there is no one around. Louie is NOT an aggressive dog, so PLEASE don't be deterred by the muzzle. This is used as a precaution due to his lunging at humans when he feels threatened, but Id love to think that one day he wont need it...
20190524_082328.jpg
BUT most importantly, we went for a walk in the woods where it was busy with people and dogs and I was so proud of him. A jogger came passed us and he didn't react, only a little look at the jogger but no lunging or barking (see video).
bighug.gif bravo1.gif positivo1.gif wheyhey.gif

This little chap will steal your heart!
Love you Lou Lou
Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”