Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jim Thomas

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jim Thomas »

Sunday was my chance to walk with Zippy.
Zippy walks well and is great at sit and stay by the roadside. When waiting to cross he stays composed even with cyclists and motorbikes. Not at all interested in horse's.
On Sunday the weather was awful and some of the paths were deep in mud, when he got to deep mud I carried him over as he wasn't keen getting dirty.
Zippy enjoyed the sausages in poets hut and the chance to get the mud off him.
20171231_121556.jpg
Attachments
20171231_121604.jpg
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

That's so funny! I took Zippy for a lovely woodland walk on Friday ... and yes he clearly thought I was bonkers if I expected him to walk through the mud! Of course I picked him up and carried him, for which he gave me appreciative little licks! love4.gif
We came back down the road and Zippy trotted carefully around every puddle ... bless his little paws! thumbs.gif
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

On Zippy's walk today we were joined by Kim walking Ebony.
These two dogs got on great as Ebony's lust for life and fun nature brought out the best in Zippy. He was truly happy to have a walking buddy and both dogs had an exciting adventure. Ebony enjoyed the walk and was wagging her tail so fast on seeing him after photo's were taken, that her whole body wagged, up to her ears as did his. I would like to think that these dogs will be great friends.
He wasn't to concerned with mud today as he wanted to look tough.
20180107_132029.jpg
07_132029.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
20180107_132126.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Zippy is a lovely boy who is out of his depth and comfort zone in kennels. I carried him for some of our walk - which he loved. I wanted to put him in my coat and let him hide from the world but of course this wouldn't benefit him long term. Timmy Tim, walked by Barry, was so patient and calm with Zippy, he decided he wouldn't mind a little stroll. Once he knew Timmy just wanted to be his friend, he took great confidence and comfort from this. He wagged his little tail when Timmy gave him a sniff. I will definitely try and walk him with another calm, friendly dog next time. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I had our usual short walk followed by long cuddles in the Poet's Hut. He enjoys cuddles and treats and is such a dear little soul that I wish I could spend the day sitting there with him. He continues to be phased by the noise and clamour of the kennel block and would really benefit from being an only dog in a calm household with an experienced terrier owner. Let's hope that person comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

:crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: Little Zippy had a treat today - he came to spend the day with me. I surprised him at 8 o'clock this morning by going into his pen and lifting him up and carrying him out. Bless him! He just didn't know what was happening. He was the perfect little house guest - went outside to toilet, ate everything I gave him, went for tiny walks and cuddled, cuddled, cuddled! He spent a lot of time sleeping in his new basket but mainly on the sofa. Away from the clamour and din of the kennels he relaxed. He didn't want to go far from the house when I tried to take him for a few walks but wanted to turn tail and return. He is a sad little dog and kennel life is beginning to take its toll - it can't be helped - that is the nature of life in a kennel block and Zippy dearly wants his own hearth and home. We know what he wants - peace, calm and a life away from other dogs barking. He would make the perfect little companion - loving and affectionate. I just hope his home comes along soon as this is a little dog who continues to pull at my heart strings. crying1.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

ZIppy enjoying a lovely relaxed atmosphere at Helen's house. :thanks.gif: for giving Zippy a break Helen. xx

IMG_7038.JPG
IMG_7044.JPG
IMG_7045.JPG
IMG_7046.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Thank you. I shall bring him home again but, because of my two cats, I won't be able to bring him home for longer. I worry about the cats getting upset as they are both rather neurotic - I don't know how Zippy would react to them but I can't take the risk of my cats wondering farther afield than normal. He was an absolute treasure to have for the day - really easy and well behaved, extremely affectionate and lovely. He is really, really in need of a home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

This adorable little man came straight into my arms when I went into his kennel this morning. He snuggled up under my arm as I carried him out of the kennel block, looking lovingly at me love4.gif . We have a great understanding ... I carry him over the muddy sections and he trots along and makes me chuckle the rest of the way - a more endearing little guy you just couldn't find! He did look longingly at my car (having climbed in to investigate last Friday). He'd happily 'stow away' to enjoy another day out! :smiley-chores002.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

When Zippy saw the sleet today he was not best pleased but with a few treats and a hug he set off with a brave face for a little jog and a few drinks from puddles.
Zippy was calm with cars, walked to heel, sat and waited for a break in traffic. He enjoyed the walk so much he forgot the weather, as did I thanks to Zippy.
He headed for my car for a dry off and a treat, he then sat and groomed himself until he was smart again.
Top walk today Zippy.

20180121_120928.jpg

20180121_121017.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”