Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Oxted W/e Foster

jan&nick

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:36 am

we walked the zippster for the first tme sunday he came out nicely and seemed more than happy to walk with hardy once he had watched hardy have his usual start of walk moments -- he was a bit reluctant to go too far at first but settled down to it and was soon walking side by side with hardy down to the stream - first impressions are he is a very well behaved dog
IMG_1572.JPG

heleny

Post by heleny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:38 am

He is indeed a lovely, well behaved little dog whose problems (redirecting onto walker when he gets stressed by other dogs) just need managing. He is affectionate and lovely. :smiley-bounce016.gi:

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:39 pm

Zippy and I had a great time in the paddock today. It was a lovely warm day and Zippy just chased and chased the ball. He is very biddable when it comes to putting on his muzzle so he can go for a walk at the end of paddock time but he really doesn't want to walk far and just heads back to his pen. I continue to be amazed at how cheerful he is having spent so much of his young life in kennel care. It would be great to see him in a warm home with kind, supportive owners who know how to manage him. He is a lovely, affectionate little dog. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Leeanne

Post by Leeanne » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:50 am

A few pictures of zippy from my time with him on Saturday. Zip is such a great boy he found a rugby ball and decided it would be his, zippy played lovely with the ball enjoyed a game of tug and fetch. After the paddock we had a cuddle in the poets hut he is such a cuddly boy. Please someone consider zippy he is fine having a muzzle for walks and is such a loving boy.
DEDD6ED2-E57E-4519-A4FF-2DC44B8D8351.jpeg
4240180F-25C2-45B0-A360-A67F90568C0E.jpeg

Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:06 pm

Zippy had a great time in the paddock today, he loved playing with the large football, such a good lad bringing it back to me. He is so happy chasing a ball, Zippy has been waiting for a long time for his forever home, all Zippy needs is love and someone to play ball with him Kiss of love.gif

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 am

I so agree Elaine - he is a brilliant little dog. Despite his long years in kennel care he still loves and trusts his walkers and is so happy when he zooms around the paddock chasing balls. The kennels are noisy at the moment and it is going to get very cold and even noisier with the inevitable fireworks that the dogs hate so much. Zippy needs an experienced owner, with a 100% secure garden, no other dogs to divert the attention of his owner so that he has all the love, and to feel warm and comfortable. I absolutely refuse to believe that that home does not exist and that Zippy is destined to spend the rest of his young life in kennel care. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:45 pm

we took zippy out with hardy for the fourth time together and they were immediately comfortable with each other - zippy was very reluctant to go thru the muddy woods but after a lay down strike he agreed it might be nice to stroll thru the woods trying his best to avoid the wettest muddiest bits - and after eventually finishing back at the entrance to the kennels rather than go back to his bed for a rest he had other ideas pulling me towards the empty paddock where he had a nice run round defending all corners from any canine marauders
IMG_2206.JPG

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Zippy and I had a great time today. Despite the mud he enjoyed himself in the paddock, chasing after balls and sliding everywhere - it was very muddy! We then went out for a half an hour walk. Those of you who know Zippy will realise that this is a bit of an achievement as often Zippy flatly refuses to walk, especially if we are walking on our own. He really is a great little chap - loads of character and very affectionate. I know he has to go to a difficult terrier experienced owner but I have to say I never find him difficult. To know him is to deal with him, to manage him and to love him. Really come on forever home. Zippy is a young dog and needs to get out of kennel care and into the comfort, warmth and quiet of an experienced, loving owner. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 am

we took zippy out yesterday for firstly a paddock visit where he really enjoyed running around chasing balls and a few treats before meeting up with regular walking partner hardy - as usual he was a bit reluctant to stray too far from his beloved paddock but after a bit of coaxing he agreed to go thru the woods and out on to the common both dogs enjoying a brief break in the weather and a little bit of sunshine
P1040421.JPG
P1040417.JPG

heleny

Post by heleny » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:24 am

Zippy was looking a bit bedraggled yesterday morning - the mud around the kennel site and in the woods is dire - knee high. Nonetheless he enjoyed his usual romp around the paddock, chasing balls. We then went for a short walk into the woods - Zippy always lets me know where he wants to go. He does prefer to walk with another dog, which I find a bit strange as he is so dog reactive but I'm sure there is a reason there somewhere. However, as I was on my own he had to make do with me! I have given up telling people what an affectionate dog he is, how he needs a secure, terrier experienced person to home him, because it doesn't seem to do any good. Zippy has been in kennel care for years now and, for a young dog especially (well indeed for all dogs), I find that very sad. blu1.gif

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”