Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Today Zippy was my first walk of the day. He is always pleased to see me and is easily readied for his walk - muzzle on, leads on. He did his usual thing of just wanting to go to the hut but before he took me there we luckily met walker Laura and new boy Cooper and Zippy decided he would be sociable and walk with Cooper. How great was that! We went for a circuit through the woods - Cooper at the front and Zippy behind. When we met other dogs Cooper barked but Zippy remained very calm. Laura and I thought that Cooper was protecting his little mate Zippy. It was a great walk - thank you Laura and Cooper - let's hope we can do that again soon. Zippy of course needs his home. He is a dear, affectionate little fella and I wish that home would come soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy enjoyed a social walk again with his new, big friend Cooper! He is usually fairly reluctant to go far but today, again, he trotted after Cooper and did a circular walk. Once back in the kennel grounds he had his usual share of cuddles and treats in the hut. Zippy needs a home - he gets stressed around the other dogs in the main kennel block and is very reactive to most dogs he sees which is why he wears a muzzle on walks. He is nonetheless a lovely natured, friendly, affectionate little dog who deserves his chance of happiness with someone who has experience with 'difficult' terriers and can keep him safe, happy and comfortable. There must be someone out there who could home Zippy. crying1.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Zippy has our walks planned out well! First stop is a visit to the Poets Hut where he loves to have a good roll in the dog basket and then on the sofa 0002.gif] He showers you with kisses and likes lots of fuss with a few sausages thrown in for good measure thank you very much. Next stop is the paddock where Zippy would happily spend hours running round playing ball. Zippy enjoys his walks through the woods but often doesn't like to venture very far most of the time and heads back to his kennel. Zippy is a very loving boy who knows his own mind. He will need an experienced terrier owner with a full understanding of the breed.

Just how happy does Zippy look playing out in the sunshine with a ball bless him!

20190224_095053.jpg
20190224_095801.jpg
20190224_095803.jpg
20190224_095816.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Great photos 0093.gif thank you Kim. Well, I have been a bit spoilt this week as I have had two lovely walks with my best mate Zippy. Yesterday we went out for quite a long walk with walker Laura and Zippy's new friend, Cooper. Cooper is very big compared to Zippy and loves to check on his little mate to make sure he is ok as he trots along behind him. Today Zippy and I had fun in the paddock - chasing balls and running everywhere. Zippy is so clever - he always brings them back to you and then he stands back so you can comfortably pick the ball up to throw again. There are no words I have to describe the respect I have for this little fella. He is good fun, endearing, and very, very affectionate. I know he has to go to a terrier experienced person but all I can say is that person would have no regrets if they took him home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zippy enjoyed a walk with Zeus today :D
7A5E62DA-DEC5-4BF9-818D-B8E7E205AE57.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

So glad Sarah captured our happy walk with Zippy & Zeus yesterday! Thank you Sarah. I so love little Zippy who suddenly seemed like big brother, compared to the lovely petite Zeus. They both seemed quite happy and relaxed as Charlie & I chatted away to each other, and to them. I think they enjoyed listening!!! thumbs.gif love4.gif :goodjob.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy always gives me a rapturous greeting before I slip his muzzle on - he has to wear this because he is very unsettled by other dogs not for any other reason. However, Zippy has a new friend - Cooper - and today he went straight to the back of Cooper's pen, tail wagging joyfully and making lots of little happy excited noises - he was telling Cooper how pleased he was to see him. Laura led the way with Cooper and we followed and this is great because it means Zippy will go further than he would normally do. Zippy is a dear, affectionate little dog - his only fault is his reactivity around other dogs and this could be worked on I am sure. He would be a great little dog to take home. Please consider him someone if you are used to this breed. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy's best friend, Cooper, has been moved to a different kennel and so Zippy and I went to the paddock with Ella and played catch and chase the ball. He loves running around in there! After this we went to the hut where Zippy gives the most wonderful cuddles. He jumped on my knee, paws around my neck and gave me licky kisses! He ate his usual quota of treats before I took him back and settled him in his pen. Lovely boy who so deserves his own home and person. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Jane walked Zippy today and Buddy and I went with them. Buddy and Zippy are two patterdales who are usually reluctant walkers but today they enjoyed each other's company and went for a walk in the woods in the spring sunshine. Zippy is very dog reactive and that is why he wears a muzzle but it has been so pleasing to see how calm he is around other dogs when he goes for social walks. He is a great little chap - completely wasted and somewhat misread in kennels - he needs a home - granted it must be the right home with a terrier experienced owner but he does need a home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

What more can I say about Zippy? I just feel I am getting really repetitive. He is a great little dog - really affectionate. In the hut he puts his paws around my neck and snuggles up really close. He likes his little routines - a quick walk, time in the paddock chasing balls, time in the hut for cuddles and treats and a lie down in the dog bed there. I know the rescue rightly insists he goes to a terrier experienced owner but come on there must be someone out there who can give this little dog the right home. [cry.gif] [cry.gif] [cry.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”