Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
jan&nick

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we took zips out on sunday and he was in his "its hot and ime not heading that way when you know the paddock is the other way" mood but after much cajoling he did get up and head down the woodland walk and after a circuit he spotted the paddock and we couldnt deny him and headed in where he enjoyed lazily chasing balls and i dont blame him doing it half heartedly in such hot weather - tried to get him in for a paddle to no avail but he didnt refuse the chicken and sausages
IMG_7399.JPG
IMG_7402.JPG
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear Zippy knew exactly where he wanted to go, you guessed to the paddock. We had a great game of ball before the heavens opened, Zippy is not keen on the rain . Such a sweet lad, he enjoyed getting towel dried, I made his bed for him, and left him lots of treats. That special family must be out there for Zippy, he deserves a warm bed in a loving home Heart fill with love.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

zippy was in paddock mode today and was v happy with his new ball (he loves plastic chewable balls) and not even being offered sausages could get him to put his ball down as he was determined to take his ball back to his kennel with him (which he did)
IMG_7537.JPG
IMG_7533.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Great photos of this great little Patterdale. With me Zippy likes his red kong wubba and we play with it every time we go into the paddock. Zippy will search my bag for it if I am not quick enough getting it out. Yesterday it was much cooler and Zippy loved zooming about the paddock, chasing and chewing his toy. We then put his muzzle on (no problem) for the short trip to the second paddock where Zippy sat on my knee giving me kisses. We went for a short walk around the kennel grounds - Zippy always leads the way and tells me where he wants to go which is never very far. I think it fair to say that this is a little dog who just gives loads of affection. He has his fan club at the kennels but it is nothing like having your own special human. Where is that person? :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear little Zippy and I had a great time in the paddock, Leeanne bought him a new tennis ball, as it was cooler in the evening, he was happy to be running round after his ball, and having tummy rubs. Such a fun and loving Patterdale, Zippy is not demanding please consider him for his forever home, in return you will receive unconditional love Kiss of love.gif
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had the pleasure of taking Zippy to the paddock on Saturday and Sunday, I took his red kong with me as Helen has mentioned this is his favourite toy. He gets very excited when throwing his toy, and loves rolling on it as well. On Saturday, when I was kneeling down on the grass with Zippy, he climbed into my lap and gave me a little kiss, I felt very honoured by this, beautiful boy. Heart fill with love.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

He is, isn't he Elaine? He is a really friendly, beautiful, trusting little dog. He never wants to walk far and so we had paddock time (with his red kong) and sat in the shade there munching on a few treats. I did persuade him to have a little meander round the kennel grounds but bizarrely he never wants to go far. He just enjoys human company, not too bothered by exercise. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

heleny wrote: Tue 23 Jun 2020 19:14 He is amazing, isn't he Elaine? He is a really friendly, beautiful, trusting little dog. He never wants to walk far and so we had paddock time (with his red kong) and sat in the shade there munching on a few treats. I did persuade him to have a little meander round the kennel grounds but bizarrely he never wants to go far. He just enjoys human company, not too bothered by exercise. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

He is such a wonderful dog Helen, Zippy was on top form yesterday evening, he played ball non stop, and loved laying in the long grass with his ball, I was very honoured again I had a cuddle and a few kisses from Zippy. When Leeanne came into the paddock, he was so excited he was zooming around the paddock, it made us laugh, and wonderful to see Zippy having fun, beautiful boy Kiss of love.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy loves the paddock where he plays with his red kong which I take in especially for him - he tries to kill it and then he rushes around with it in ins mouth. Yesterday after paddock time I tried to get him to walk but that is always difficult. He led me around the kennel grounds before heading back to his pen. He did manage to sit on my knee and smother me with kisses at one point. Once again the obvious question - why is such a lovely dog spending so many years in kennel care? I know he is so loved and well treated in kennels but it is not the same as having your own home. I think he proved himself in foster care when he spent a month with Sarah - please see previous photos. He needs a terrier experienced person, a very secure house and garden and an understanding, skilled in the breed, person who will keep him very secure and meet his needs. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”