Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Well my cats were in the cattery today and so my friend Zippy came to visit. We had a lovely day. love4.gif I picked him up from the kennels quite early - just after 8. He was sporting a brand new green harness and collar and looked very fetching! He loves travelling in the car and just settles down for a quick nap on the back seat. When we arrived home he had a quick explore - it had been nearly a year since his last visit but Zippy forgets nothing. He ate his breakfast very quickly and then we went out for his first walk of the day. Zippy is an easy dog to walk - he doesn't pull and does just the right amount of sniffing. Once home he settled down for another nap - he is always fairly tired when he comes for the day and, in fact, didn't stir when the door bell went. It was my next door neighbour, a lovely lady 91 years young and Zippy seems to really like her. He always wants to jump onto her lap and give her a licky kiss but I do stop that as Diana, my neighbour, isn't used to Zippy kisses. After Diana's visit we went for another walk - this time to feed the ducks at the local pond - 7 tiny little chicks greeted Zippy although I did keep him away from them. He wasn't interested in their floating duck food but just wanted to roll around on the grass. The day passed quickly, punctuated by meals, trips to the garden, little walks (it was hot) and lots of cuddles. :D Zippy is very respectful and always asks to go out if he needs to which I find amazing considering the time he has spent in kennel care. thumbs.gif He wears his muzzle when we go for walks as he is not always well mannered when he sees another dog. Today he seemed ok about my chatting to someone who had two little dogs in tow. In fact, when we met another lady with her two dogs I was rather proud of Zippy as he showed them how well behaved and quiet he could be while they did quite a lot of barking. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: Zippy remembers people he has visited in the past and always wants to revisit their houses. I had to persuade him that we weren't going down walker Jane's drive as he did once before. Zippy can be a bit stubborn on walks and lets you know where he wants to go. I am hoping that Jim will post some photos I took - Zippy is very photogenic and I especially like the photo of him with Diana, my neighbour. I am not able to walk Zippy for a while and this saddens me. I live in hope that one day he will find his special home or, failing that, someone who will foster him properly and give him a good break from kennel care. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Lovely photos of Zippy during his day with Helen.
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0181.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

ahhh Zippy love4.gif love4.gif You are SO funny when you put the brakes on and refuse to move 0002.gif] It wasn't my fault that we were late to the paddock so Marie the ambull got in there first....... Just sayin' Zippy. Zippy was doing his "I'm not moving until I go in the paddock" a bit more than usual today so I decided to give him a shower and shampoo. I'll be honest, he didn't really enjoy this experience but he was extremely tolerant and put with it with minimal fuss. He did enjoy the rolling around in the grass afterwards and the trip to the now free paddock for some ball time. He does do a lovely sit and paw and will eventually give back his ball to be thrown again. He's such a character - he always makes me smile.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

It was lovely to get to walk Zippy yesterday. I don't get the chance very often on Saturday as he is a popular boy. He is still the same affectionate sweet boy that I know. I wish his home would come along as he is such a good natured dog and great fun to be with.

Here are some vids of our time together in the summerhouse. love4.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Zippy fun for me yesterday.... he was brilliant & just wanted to run along (a bit faster than me LOL!) We came to a junction and Zippy ran right as I ran straight on - Not sure which of us was more surprised! We were suddenly chased by three barking Shih Tzus - Zippy just stood behind me as I stamped my foot and shouted at them to go away (They did!) After a great leg stretch with much sniffing and marking as he chilled a bit, Zippy seemed much more relaxed by the time he got back to his kennel. Such a good boy!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zippy and I had a walk with Buster walked by Kathy today :D

Zippy looked up and saw a bigger version of his handsome self and on that note he happily walked behind him (safe distance) for a lovely long walk thumbs.gif

We went to the stream and both dogs enjoyed their paddle :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zippy following Buster on Sunday :D
708075BE-B155-45F2-BE2B-4DB37F51930C.jpeg

On Friday Zippy enjoyed a terrier walk with Harvey and Rolo (safe distances between ofcourse) - Chris was walking Zippy and Zippy had him wrapped around his little paws - we all know Zippy likes a carry sometimes, well look at him milking it with Chris !!!
7D457970-A98D-41C9-A80C-6C8DBB62CE8B.jpeg
How he made us laugh - Zippy was giving Chris kisses through his muzzle for his trouble lol.gif

He wasn’t carried all the way, here is is with his paws on the ground !!!
7BB3B926-70FE-410A-8AFB-D5D2617CDA62.jpeg

3 terriers in a row ! Zippy in the middle :D
9E1B8A2C-A36A-4D28-9990-3F8B94377362.jpeg
Lovely walk :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Collette and I took Zippy to the paddock for a game of ball. He is so happy in the paddock playing, he is such a good boy, dropping the ball and waiting for you to throw it again. It is lovely to see Zippy happy and having fun. He is such a loving little lad, who deserves a loving home :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Collette and I had a great time with Zippy in the paddock today, he was very good at coming back for his ball when another dog passed the paddock. This little lad is wasted in kennels, he has so much love to give, he would have to be the only dog Kiss of love.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Zippy out for the first time this afternoon, he is such a friendly easy boy. We started off by walking through the woods and as the paddock came into sight Zippy let it be known to me in no uncertain terms that that was where he really wanted go, I just could not refuse. As previously mentioned he just loves playing ball games and is very good at dropping the ball ready for it to be thrown again. He didn’t have any objections when it came to the time to go back to his kennel. A lovely little lad that really does deserve to be in a home of his own. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”