Maggie Patterjack DofB 05.11.12 SE London

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Maggie Patterjack DofB 05.11.12 SE London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Maggie3.jpg
Maggie's Story :Maggie was rescued the age is 1 to join a young Springer Spaniel bitch, the children were then 5 & 8 and there were chickens. There were high expectations and her family have now come to appreciate her terrier ways and find it too stressful to remember to close doors: Maggie has got out several times to have chance meetings with dogs and subsequent altercations. Her family decided to rehome her. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Maggie is neutered; chipped and vaccinated. Maggie was with her family in Gloucestershire, then boarding kennels near Gatwick

Maggie did well as a Patterjack. She is good around children, did tolerate chickens behind a secure fencing in her garden and has always happily played with her companion dog. Maggie however needs to be supported on the lead outside as her excitement levels makes her reactive to encounters with other dogs. Not for cats.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Maggie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Maggie2.jpg
Maggie4.jpg
Maggie6.jpg
Maggie.jpg
Maggie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information: We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Maggie's owners have asked us to find her a family who understand terriers and have a supportive approach.

Tim

Re: Maggie Patterjack DofB 05.11.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Tim »

So looking forward to meeting this beauty and we weren't dissapointed...such a friendly girl

Something caught her eye...
DSC03942.jpg
Doesn't she look happy
DSC03943.jpg
Rachel mentioned she was extremely gentle when taking a treat
DSC03952.jpg
DSC03958.jpg
her coat is in such a beautiful condition, so silky to touch, a credit to her previous family
DSC03956.jpg
DSC03954.jpg
Time to get up close and personal
DSC03946.jpg
DSC03950.jpg
DSC03960.jpg
A real sweetie and, very affectionate Heart fill with love.gif]
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
Maggie is a dinky little girl with a huge personality.....and she made the cutest squeaky noise in her excitement to say hello to Maudie may (Jack Russel). She was very excited to be going for a walk, a little pocket rocket for the first few minutes but quickly settled and walked beautifully. Every movement in the bushes was investigated, she was in her element when she saw a squirrel but totally defeated when it ran up a tree. Maggie is bright, alert, enthusiastic - just as a terrier should be......and she also gives lovely kisses and cuddles (she cleaned my face not once but twice....but I had just eaten a jam donut).

Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Maggie for a walk for the first time today, considering I hadn't entered her kennel before she was extremely good at being harnessed and led out of the kennels. We walked on our own which didn't bother her a bit, she is such a gorgeous little girl and would melt anyone's heart. I am sure she will find her forever home very soon, I can't see her being with us for long. Heart fill with love.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny »

I had a lovely walk with Maggie today. She is a dear little dog and really seemed to enjoy herself out in the fresh air of the woods. She walks quickly enjoying a sniff or two along the way. Lovely little girl - let's hope her forever home comes along soon. love4.gif

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

My second time of walking Maggie today. Such a good girl to get harnessed, a very friendly little girl. Maggie is a typical terrier with lots of energy. Very busy out on her walks, taking in all the sights and sounds. No problems walking along the road with lots of traffic passing by. Super little girl love4.gif xx
20170604_135803.jpg
20170604_135807.jpg
20170611_112357.jpg
20170611_112411.jpg

Judy

Post by Judy »

I took the gorgeous Maggie out for the second time yesterday afternoon. As previous comments, she is a super little dog, very friendly, easy to harness and to walk. She is very alert and interested in everything going on around her. Such a fantastic girl. Roll on her forever home. Kiss of love.gif

Judy

Post by Judy »

Maggie and I went for a lovely walk this afternoon, she is always very enthusiastic out on her walks, very alert and interested in everything around her. She does love rolling around and having a good wriggle around on her back. She has a lovely nature and is very gentle when taking treats. I am sure our little Maggie won't be with us for long, she surely will be off to her forever home very very soon. angel13.gif]

Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Look at ME I am just such fun to play with!
Look at ME I am just such fun to play with!
Maggie such an alert, charming, cute, elegant & curious companion! Happy to be harnessed and tucked under my arm ... easier to share kisses .. as we went out through the kennel doors. She trots with such elegant energy, head up, taking everything in. She enjoyed posing on the treestump for a photo and some sausage love4.gif
Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had! :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

Judy

Post by Judy »

Maggie and I had a lovely walk this afternoon, she is just a dream to be out with, so very easy and taking everything in as we went along. She was very good when we got back to the kennels, she waited patiently for her sausage treats which she loves. love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”