xxlynne

Re: Benny Jack x DofB 2007 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by xxlynne »

:goodjob.gif: love4.gif
Tim

Post by Tim »

Love the photos.

With some of these dogs I look at it that it's a marathon not a sprint. No point rushing a dog, I know with our terriers it's all on their terms but.......once you gain their trust you've a friend and loyal companion for life.
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Hmm ... the terrier approach to writing Christmas cards ...
bns01.JPG
Benny is gradually calming down and finding that life here is not too bad. He's moved swiftly from sleeping in an open crate in the bedroom to spending part of the night on my bed. At least he's there when I wake up; pressed very close. We are trusting each other more. I say "we" because I'll admit that my confidence wobbled when I witnessed what a grump Benny can get into. It was all fear, of course, and it was in the first few days. Benny has also tried to give Harpo and Zeppo a telling-off or two when they bounce around me before walks or food. There's been a bit of settling down on both sides there too - the Boyz probably brought out their rule book, in my absence - and they can now be around each other more. Benny likes to go for walks with H&Z and after the initial excitement he settles to jogging along on a slack lead. I suspect that, at some point, Benny's life has been over controlled so coping with the erratic life here is a steep learning curve. He's still rather hand-shy but want's to be close. Can't you just see the effort it takes ... bless him.
bns02.JPG
Sunday was my last flower show of the year and quite a long day away from home. My friend Hilary looked in on the boys - with biscuits and cuddles - and reported back that Benny had been a good boy; very shy but easy to get back from the front door to the safety of the kitchen before she left. Yes, "GOOD BOY, BENNY!".
bns03.JPG
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Benny has survived the mayhem of sharing Christmas here with Harpo, Zeppo and three of "my" Cavalier girls - long story - including a trip to SE London for Boxing Day with Bessie and Tom. Wasn't sure until the last moment whether or not he could cope with the trek because it would be his first trip in my car. Benny jumped in confidently and was good on the journey there (even better on the way back) with only a few comments about the other vehicles at the traffic lights. Once there it was business as usual: H & Z know the place; the girls are always super-confident; Benny tried to lay the law down and was politely ignored; all the dogs shared Christmas treats from Bessie's hands ... pictures to follow (I hope!); Benny was allowed plenty of time and space to himself. The girls are now back with Hilary and Benny, his confidence boosted, is starting to walk a little taller.
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

While we wait for the Christmas pix ... here are few from a December walk to the allotments and Ham Common ...
jet07.JPG
jet06.JPG
jet05.JPG
jet04.JPG
jet03.JPG
jet02.JPG
jet01.JPG
Linda

Post by Linda »

Benny is making steady progress in foster with Harpo and Zeppo and their dad.....brilliant to see these updates and photos on his progress. Lovely boy xxx
jules

Post by jules »

Lovely update and to see how he is flourishing with you. :goodjob.gif:
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

bn01.JPG
bn02.JPG
bn03.JPG
Wow ... Benny's been here seven weeks! So, what do we now know about him? Well, first of all, he's a terrier. Not an instinctive hunter like Zeppo and not as zany as Harpo but he's a terrier: intuitive and responsive and a bit distant when he feels the need. Benny is housetrained - goes outside after meals - and is easy on the lead. He's quickly picked up "Boys ...!" commands from the others. Benny is very treat focused so bribery is very easy! He is now keen to eat "proper" food and has a good appetite.

Benny is also very keen to go out on walks and his stamina is increasing. He is a proud dog and will keep up with the rest of us even if he has to go straight to bed the moment we're back home. He likes the car and travels well in a crate. Yes, Benny needs a light touch and a low stress environment. Anyone who understands how important these things are to this sensitive, quirky little chap will have the perfect House Elf. lol.gif

PS The shredded cleaning sponge in the last picture is Benny's work ... so we know he may be an occasional chewer but he's not a swallower. Phew!
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

One patch of morning sunlight and all differences are forgotten; Benny getting more like the Boyz with every passing day ...
bbed04.JPG
bbed03.JPG
bbed02.JPG
bbed01.JPG
Linda

Post by Linda »

Fabulous photos, especially of Benny with the boys. Great to see Benny progressing in this way. Thanks to brilliant foster care.... love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”