Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Chippenham, Wilts

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
MandaTK

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Bentley has taken to dragging his bed right by the door of his kennel and sitting in it and waiting (noisily of course). Bentley and I joined walker Jacqui who had the gorgeous Peppermint to show Jacqui some new walking routes. Well Bentley knows them all and just gets his walking paws going so quickly. Peppermint wanted to walk near to Bentley bless her and Bentley was actually very receptive of her - we kept plenty of space between them of course. I am sure Bentley thinks he is a Great Dane or similar he has the attitude of thinking he knows everything about everything. He is funny, splashes in the mud and water at every possible chance, spotting all the fox poo so you have to be alert and has to try to catch that little squirrel that will keep darting in front of him............ There was the rabbit hole that Bentley had to put his head into of course but nothing there! At one point he put his head through a hole in a fence and stood there for ages and Jacqui was worried he had got stuck but NO Bentley was waiting for something to come along. When he realised there was nothing he popped his head back through the fence. Walking past where the horses usually are it was another chance to have a good look resting his head on the gate, he is so funny!! Up and over the railway bridge as good as gold, did not pull and waited until I asked him to go. He sat at the road waiting to cross so had an extra treat when back in his kennel. He is not bothered with treats on his walk he is far too busy seeing what is going on. He is so funny, a very large retriever was on the other side of the river and he wanted to get there to say hello! Back in his kennel we have a lovely rub down and a big big teddy bear cuddle. Another little monkey who has planted themselves firmly within my heart, I am soon going to need a very large farm for all these doggies I love so very very much xxxxxxxx :smiley-love014.gif:

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Bentley and I have become a bit of a "pairing" the last couple of weeks. Saturday we were joined by the absolutely gorgeous yummy Sydney with Olivia and of course the very wonderful funny boy who is Baloo. Fabulous walk, Bentley spends his whole time seeing what he can try and chase and catch as well as making sure he does not miss a thing on the walk. He is a darling to walk, he is a bit pully at first but quickly gets into his settled walk whilst enjoying his surroundings and his kennel mates. It seems that every time we are out the bunnies, cats and squirrels decide that they MUST run in front of Bentley! It makes for a hilarious time. Bentley is adorable, happy out walking, enjoys his walks and seriously loves his cuddles back in his kennel.

Today, Sunday, as I wanted to enter his kennel, he had dragged his bed again to the front of his kennel gate and was bouncing up and down in his bed. On our walk we were joined by Vinnie (with walker Kerry); Baloo (walker Mandy); Gorgeous Jonson (with Maria) and calm handsome boy Alfie (with Andy). Bentley loves to have his kennel mates in tow and looks at each and every one of them to see who they are and then off we charge. He settled very quickly and absolutely loved being around all of them. We went to Loseley and walked round the lake. Bentley wanted to get in the lake but I asked him to wait until we got to the lovely clean water trough where he could have a drink. First of all Alfie had a lovely drink then it was Bentley's turn. he immediately jumped right in the trough!!!!!! He made us all laugh so much, there he was just about head above water enjoying himself so much. This boy will make you laugh all the time he is out, he is so cuddly, bouncy but hilarious. He does the funniest things. So off we go and we are still around the lake and without any warning he jumps into the lake!!!!!!!!! A quick swim and then out again with a look of "Thanks Mand I really enjoyed that!!!". When we eventually got back to his kennel it was a quick rub down and a huge cuddle and kiss. Adorable little man. I have to say that if you want a laugh Bentley is your boy. He also has taken part of my heart xxxxxxxxxxx woo.gif] Kiss of love.gif

Dani

Post by Dani » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:51 pm

I had a lovely walk with Bentley on Thursday, nice and easy to get ready and out of kennels and off we went. We joined the playful Rupert and his walker Tara. We went on a nice long walk , we was soon joined by Lizzie and her walkers Angelica and Linda. All 3 dogs loving each others company to the beach area as we call it. On way back from beach there was a dog barking in his garden Bentley did well passing by. We saw one other dog who was on lead and no problems at all. Bentley seems more confident now passing dogs from when I last walked him which is good. He is lots of fun to be around also. :smiley-chores002.gif: He loves doggy company also on his walks.

JacquiC

Post by JacquiC » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:33 am

Bentley is such a cuddly bundle of energy and is hugely excited by any activity both in and out of the kennels. But he continually surprises me with his charmingly attentive and calm behaviour once he sees the harness and lead in your hand. He’s one of the easiest dogs to get ready for a walk and even made himself useful on Tuesday by slipping his head straight into the harness without barely being asked. Such a clever lad!
Bentley 2.jpg
There was a bit of huffing (from Mr B) and puffing (from me!) as we set off and he quickly settled into his usual fast and furious pace … his little legs were a blur as we headed toward the lock and the lure of the sights and sounds of the river bank. Bentley took an enormous interest in a swan gliding serenely on the water, and indeed the swan took an equally enormous interest in our fuzzy little boy. They eyed each other with curiosity, but were happy to be mere nodding acquaintances and soon each was keen to be on their way.
Bentley 1.jpg
Bentley certainly prefers to keep his distance, but unfortunately an overly friendly off-lead dog overstepped the mark, approaching Bentley quickly and from behind, which gave him a bit of a shock and caused him to become a little defensive and fearful. But the beauty of Bentley’s nature is that he quickly recovers his cheery self, even after a few choice barks, and we were soon on our way back towards the river for a few sun-kissed photographs and Bentley’s favourite boar-flavoured nibbles!
Bentley 3.jpg
How could anyone not adore this curly-wurly cuddlesome chap???

kashers

Post by kashers » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:01 pm

I have been so impressed and proud with Bentley this weekend. I walked little Chyna with him who because of her disability (amputated back leg) finds walking an extra effort although does well. Bentley walked with us with Amanda and he was so sweet. Now Bentley does sometimes like to get going like a little steam train but he slowed right down for his pal Chyna understanding her needs and that she may not be able to keep up with him. It was so sweet. I think Chyna helps Bentley understand that sometimes life doesn't have to be at 100 miles an hour. These two are quite a sweet pair who work well with each other.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 pm

If you need cheering up then Bentley is your boy. Bentley wants everyone to notice him and to say hello to him. In his kennel he now loves to move his rather large bed around his kennel and into the run, then bring it back turn it upside down and sit on it!! He is hilarious.

When out he hardly barks at all, his little waggy tail goes nineteen to the dozen, Bentley makes people smile when we are out, he is Mr Charismatic. When at the lock a boat was just waiting to go through and he wanted to sit and watch the whole process, the people onboard thought he was adorable. I wonder if he has been on a boat before? He was so happy just watching.

Bentley wants to meet and greet everyone, every dog, watch the cyclists speed past, if there is a dog on the opposite side of the river Bentley wants to investigate, he was absolutely intrigued by the ducks sitting at the riverside! We had an off lead little terrier running around us at one point and Bentley was such a good boy and kept walking when I asked him.

Bentley is as cuddly as he looks, he adores cuddles and sits for his treats. If you would like a real cuddly teddy bear to snuggle up to then Bentley is your boy! bighug.gif

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sat May 07, 2016 5:30 pm

such a warm day today and Bentley felt it too. We had a fantastic walk with Cracker and Vinnie. Bentley seems to love the company of his kennel mates. He showed new walker Drewe how wonderful the volunteer walking is. He did charm Drewe very much and she was head over heels with him. Bentley is such a good boy out of his kennels, he loves to just be out there and have a look at the boats and the other dogs along the river. He is a happy little chappie.

When we got back he was very warm, we had stopped for some lovely water breaks (I took water with me for him), but he wanted his lovely cold water I put into his bowl in his kennel and he was obviously very warm because he puts his feet in this bowl, then he tried to lay in his bowl!!!!!!!! Oh he is so so funny and adorable. This cuddle teddy bear is ready and waiting with his suitcase packed to give you a laugh a day with his antics. Bentley has his own ways of making you laugh one of them is watching him trying to lie in his water bowl, I must try and capture it. he is adorable xxx Kiss of love.gif

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sun May 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Some Bentley on an extender pics.......
bents2.jpg
having a wander
bents3.jpg
making his way back to me
Bents1.jpg
having a roll
bents4.jpg
Such a cutie, could do with a bit of a groom if anyone's offering ?
Lovely, lovely boy love4.gif

kashers

Post by kashers » Sun May 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Bentley was a superstar today. I had a real issue harnessing him because it was a new harness that was just too small. He had the patience of a saint with me trying to get it on him and getting a different larger harness! Once on our walk he was a really good boy. Pulled with enthusiasm at first but soon calmed down and walked virtually to heel. Back in his kennel a little hot and bothered Bentley put his feet in his water bowl to cool off :D and then laid down with his back legs sprawled out just chilling. Such a little character is our Bentley!

Dani

Post by Dani » Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 pm

A lovely catch up with Bentley today. We walked with Adele and his walkers Karina. Bentley hadn't been out all week and was amazingly behaved .He doesn't pull as much as he used to I found today. He loves company bless him. We didn't see many dogs, plenty of people though. Bentley seems relaxed seeing his kennel friends as we saw Sydney with his walker Derek. :smiley-love014.gif: I think Bentley was happy to get back to his nice cool kennel to rest as I could see he was looking hot towards end of walk.