Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Chippenham, Wilts

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
MandaTK

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:55 am

Bentley is an all round smasher. So happy out and about and sticks his nose down all round his walk. Saturday he walked with Harry who he was a little bit nosey about but Harry decided that the best thing would be to ignore which worked, so Bentley got about the business of enjoying the sunshine and walking. He is interested in absolutely everything and the more I walk him the calmer he has become. He loves cuddles and cuddling makes it easy with his gorgeous fur. On Sunday he walked with Kerry whilst I had Maisie and he loved it. I think Maisie was a very calming matriarch for him, Maisie is good at that. He was calm, quiet and absolutely loved his walk. We were watching the police dogs training for a while which both of the dogs were very interested in. Bentley is a gorgeous boy and you really should have him on your sofa, he will love you for it! :smiley-love014.gif:

nhelyer

Post by nhelyer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Aw, little Bentley ... such a delightful pattie boy! I'm showing my age here but when I was a toddler I used to have a toy dog on wheels which Bentley is the spitting image of, bless him! :D Bentley has marvellous "joie de vivre" and relishes every second out and about ... much to see, sniff and enquire into!! Life would never be dull or lacking in laughs with Bentley by your side! See you next weekend Bentley (though obviously hope you might be gone to your forever home before then :crossfingers.gif: ) xx
IMG_0517_opt.jpg
IMG_0522_opt.jpg

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:04 am

Bentley4.jpg
Bentley is our Patterdale of the Month for March 16

Rachtb

Post by Rachtb » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Bentley is such a cutie, hes part dog part teddy bear i think! He's a good little walker and loves a good old sniff!
Possibly also a keen swimmer, if i hadnt had the lead he would have belly flopped in the river when i last walked him!
bentley.jpg
Bentley

JacquiC

Post by JacquiC » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:05 am

Although I’ve been walking at Guildford for a couple of months now, I hadn’t had the pleasure of Bentley’s company until yesterday and what a dear little fellow he turned out to be, looking just like a teddy bear with his bright, twinkling eyes, button nose and curly black coat. He’s desperate to be out of kennels and in a home of his own and he wants to get your attention immediately with barks and little squeaks, but after his initial excitement and enthusiastic welcome, he was actually wonderfully calm and so easy to harness. He pulled a little because he was so keen to be out and about, picking up every scent trail (I expect his little nose could smell mice and voles and lots of things a terrier would really love to chase!!!). When faced with an off-lead dog, he was inquisitive but not overly so, and although we didn’t get too close he actually acquitted himself very well – I’m sure he was just keen to play, but he moved on nicely before too long, and he was such a good boy when sitting for his reward treats. I’ve noticed on my trips to the kennels that he never fails in his post as chief monitor of all the activity (checking out the regular comings and goings from the gate at the end of his run). But yesterday he was tempted back into his bed for a rub down with a towel which he absolutely loved … no more wet paws for Mr Bentley, and lots of cuddles and kisses for me! He’s terrific fun, so affectionate and full of beans; how can so much personality fit into such a tiny Pattie chap?

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Bentley happens to be one of the most noisiest of our dogs at Guildford in his kennel, but when you harness this gorgeous boy and get him out he is so quiet. Very very interested in what is going on, excited and wants to sniff every single thing along the way but he hardly barks when out (not like in the kennels). He wants to meet and greet every dog we see on the way but we hold him back. We had the most amazing walk, Jo again took Alfie for a second much needed walk, I had little Bentley, Jen had Sydney and Laura joined us with the beautiful Blake. What an amazing pack walk we had. All seemed to just gel, no problems lets just get on with it. Long long walk which was enjoyed by each and everyone of us and even more so by our canine pals. They seemed to really enjoy all walking together and harmonising. This really was a wonderful walk. Four amazing canine pals and four volunteers who enjoyed every single minute. This is what it is all about. xxxxx Bentley you are amazing I love the way he enjoys his walk and the cuddles he gives when you get back. xxxxxxx Kiss of love.gif

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:05 pm

The above mentioned walk :D
Alfie Bents.jpg

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Mr Gorgeous Bentley and i had a fantastic walk today. We were joined by Dani who was walking the beautiful Zola. What a wonderful walk we had. lots and lots of sniffing had by Bentley. A glimpse of a squirrel which he wanted to chase. A cat who decided to show up and then run off, so Bentley wondered if I might be able to fit into the very little space to chase it!!!!!!!!! We walked to Loseley and through the field and had so much space for Zola and Bentley to explore. they were fabulous in each others company really happy. On the way back we passed a house where a Westie ran to the fence and was being rather noisy. Bentley had a look but did not bark. However once we were back on the route home another cat ran in front and he was wanting to make chase. Bentley settles so well into his walk and after his initial pulling he absolutely is a dream of a boy to walk. he is a true terrier watching and waiting all the time. He is adorable, cuddly and just my little dream. xxxxxxxxxx Kiss of love.gif

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:45 pm

Another fabulous outing with Bentley. Bentley has worked out now that when I take Maisie out I am more than likely going to take him too. Maisie and Bentley are in adjoining kennels. Joined by the very handsome Blake (with walker Jo) and the cutie that is Meera (with walker Nicky). what a sunny wonderfully warm afternoon for a long walk with this trio. Bentley just loves having company he would very much like to investigate everyone he walks with but he has space. We pass some houses where a cat resides and Bentley knows exactly where this is and always has to look to see if he can see it!! he wants a chase I think!! He liked walking with Blake and Meera and we ended up laughing because wherever Blake had a wee little Bentley had to as well even tho he had none left. He is so sweet and cuddly. There were so many walkers out today, youngsters probably doing the DofE award walks, they were all very interested in all 3 of our charges and they were definitely met with lots of love from them all. Bentley decided he would get more attention if he stood firmly in the middle of the path so everyone had to say hello. the more I walk him the more I see little things that are outstanding with this little cuddly bear.
** Cuddles to distraction
** So easy to harness
** Loves to get out and get on with his walk
** Even though he is noisy in his kennel he hardly ever barks when out walking
** Interested in whats going on around him
** Slows down after five minutes to walk a wonderful pace
** Gets so many comments from everyone we meet
** LOVES people
** Loves the mud and water!
** Often thinks he is bigger than he is!!!
** Makes me laugh out loud all the time
** Gives the best kisses
** ADORABLE

I think you get the gist that I am in love with this little man. Adorable, cuddly gorgeous dream boy. xxxxxxxx love4.gif :D

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:44 pm

Bentley and I had another fab walk today. Oh how I love this boy. He is funny, has the most incredible character ever and just loves his walks so much. We were joined by Kerry and Basil and Paul and Bennie and they had just the most amazing happy walk. We were having a great stroll when a bunny ran across in front of us so Bentley was on the case, although he did not get it obviously!!! We passed Mount Browne Police Station where they also train the police dogs, and 2 were out having exercise. They met Bentley at the fence and Bentley was most interested. Lovely experience. Wonderful time today, the sun was shining and it was the most wonderful happy day. Love you cuddly Bentley Bear so very much xxxxxxxxxxx