Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
MandaTK

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

Basil is just a complete delight. He loves to beg as in Tara's pic for his treats. Absolutely adorable. He showed Alex the ropes today on her induction and now Basil has yet another big fan added to his already expanded and overflowing fan club. Basil is a true terrier loves to sniff in every hole, under the leaves, have a look under that fallen branch. Whilst we were walking Basil decided something needed a very very long sniff so after a while I called him, "Come on Basil". Still nothing I am too interested in this was the look i got so then I was calling "Basil, Basil, Basil" at which point I fell into fits of laughter as did Alex as I sounded far too like Sybil Fawlty calling Basil!!!!!!!!!!! A very funny time. Such a gorgeous boy absolutely adorable cuddle monster. Why are you not in your home yet Basil? i truly dont know. There must be room for a little one inside on your sofa? xxxx
kashers

Post by kashers »

Took the little fella out again today. It was really the little and large show today as We accompanied mark and Eliah and Ric and Martha. Basil was busy getting on with his work in the hedges and grasses but still stopping when I called his name for a hug and treat. Eliah was quite amusing as we were behind him and he would not move and really wanted to play with Basil. A female jogger stopped and admired all three dogs and recognised basil as a patterdale and what a good boy he was and he said a polite hello to her. We bumped into a couple of fellow RR walkers and kennel mates and Basil got a few laughs at his beg stance for a treat which is very cute. Love this boy he is so wasted in kennels and would fit perfectly in a little corner of a sofa at Christmas time. X
kashers

Post by kashers »

It was the charity walk yesterday. Paul and I took basil. Was hoping to put a cute Christmas jumper coat on him but er no basil wasn't having any of it. Probably due to his street cred! Basil travelled beautifully on my lap in the car the short distance. Loved looking out the window. We had a wait ready for the start of the walk and there was a LOT of dogs obviously and lots going on. I was soooo impressed with basil. He sat patiently occasionally waiting a hug and tummy rub. During the walk he was perfect. I was so proud of him with the volume of dogs and people. At the end of the walk we were lagging behind as basil was interested in sniffing everything but Curly kept us company doing the same. Everywhere curly sniffed basil did to. Quite cute actually little and large. When we got back we went to the hall and sat and had coffee and cake and chats and he was a really good boy and loved the attention and new environment. Really enjoyed our day and it was a huge success.
Greyhound Girl

Post by Greyhound Girl »

Had the pleasure of walking little Basil today.... cuteness alert!!! He walks perfectly on the lead and very responsive and treat orientated. All round super boy, I can't believe he is still in kennels? Forever home where are you?
claudia

Post by claudia »

Took this dinky little chap out today for the first time and what a sweetie he is! Absolutely good as gold and incredibly cute with it! Easy to walk and loves people and cuddles! I can see why Kerry loves him much he is adorable!
AmyB

Post by AmyB »

Basil came to stay with me this Xmas (again) and he was his usual chirpy little self. I was a bit worried at first with having Basil a whole week in my little one bed flat because of lack of space but found with a good long walk every day he pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon/evening resting- i forgot how much this boy likes to sleep after a day out and about! Basil is a big character for such a small dog and he will come to you when he wants play time, tummy rubs and attention but also lets you know when he wants to be left alone with a gentle growl to say 'leave me alone its bedtime!'.
He spent the week on plenty of play dates with other dogs, has been really good interacting with them over the common and even played with a couple of the younger dogs he met. He's such a sociable little guy when out and about and even got recognised in a pub by the pub owner who remembered him from a visit a long time ago and was impressed with how well he has come along- Basil relaxed and lying quietly in a busy pub surrounded by other dogs!!!
Anyone whose had rescue dogs in the past or is willing to understand rescue dogs and their needs will LOVE this little guy and all he has to offer. This is Basil's third Xmas with Rescue Remedies and I really hope 2016 is the year he finds his Forever Home!!!!
WP_20151114_10_19_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20151220_20_14_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20151229_13_05_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20151114_12_35_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20151115_13_33_57_Pro.jpg
Dani

Post by Dani »

Lots of fun with Basil today, very loving and sweet little man. He had to investigate the lovely smells on the way, not even a off lead German shepherd dog running to say hello to him could distract him from the lovely smells he was having so much fun. I signalled to the gsd's owners when I finally saw them.It did take me by surprise a bit :shock: .I tried to take lots of pics of Basil but I mainly got blurs. It's a shame the little man has waited a long time for a home,hopefully not long now.
Basil
Basil
AmyB

Post by AmyB »

Quick photo update of Basil from last weekend 30/31st Jan. He had great fun out exploring Ockham Common early Saturday morning. Hes very well behaved travelling in the car and loves to poke his nose out the car window as soon as he gets wind of where he's going. He's getting so much better with other dogs approaching him and hes really relaxed alot on walks which also allows him more time for sniffing away at his surroundings. Even with his muzzle on hes such a handsome looking dog hes gets plenty of attention from other walkers he meets out and about. Then back to mine where he enjoyed a long peaceful snooze away from the kennels. Hopefully someone can offer this special boy his own place to call home soon!
Basil 3.jpg
Basil 2.jpg
Basil 5.jpg
Basil 4.jpg
Dani

Post by Dani »

Aww 0093.gif .I find photo's of Basil a challenge lol.

I took Basil out today, he is very good when putting a muzzle on him and happy with it on bless him. Nice walk sniffing all the great smells as usual. I have never seen Basil react to a dog yet and is lovely in dogs company. He did well as usual with the dogs we passed today. When back at kennels we went for play in paddock and all Basil wanted was cuddles and attention. Such a sweet little terrier, I don't think you can get more of a patterdale than dear busy little bee Basil. It's lovely he gets weekend foster breaks to rest.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I'm super fond of Basil, he's just so entertaining, he trots along enjoying a snuffle but always checking up at you love4.gif .

Said a lovely hello to a Border terrier today but then lost his nerve a bit, I'm not sure why he changed his mind but it was just bluster and he got over himself. It's not anything to worry about as he's happy in his muzzle and the Bordie wasn't worried by him either so I think we all knew he didn't mean anything by it, just a little loss of confidence. We then walked back from the island with Zola and they were surprisingly relaxed in eachother's company.
Showing off his new outfit under the shelter out of the rain
Showing off his new outfit under the shelter out of the rain

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”