Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Jan Case

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

I cannot believe this little boy is still looking fir a home. He is growing old in rescue which is so very sad. He is a charming little boy. Surely there us a Terrier aware family out there who has space in their hearts and in their sofa for a Basil? :smiley-chores002.gif:
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Baz is good . I took him for a lovely long walk with Jackie and Honey Saturday over losely farm and he was good as gold .
Very chilled , ignored honey and honey ignored him, they just sniffed their their way through losely quite happily.
Baz gave me his usual grumble when I took him back to his kennel to warn me away from his bed and his possessions. I told him I understand and that’s his right ! 😆😁😁
Love this boy to bits .
Basil will need a very understanding, experience d home that can just let Basil be Basil xx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I, like many others at Guildford (and Gatwick), would like nothing more than to see our dear little Basil find his furever home soon. He is such a gorgeous little boy. xxx Kiss of love.gif
heleny

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Yay, I met Basil today and walked him for the first time. What a gorgeous boy! He was in the paddock when I went to get him for his walk and was very patient with me while I fumbled about trying to get his muzzle on. We went for a walk and he dictated the pace - lots of sniffs and rolls in the grass. Once back in his pen he enjoyed lots of treats - well the way to this boy's heart is certainly through his stomach - I know I will be walking him again. Dear little chap who doesn't hold it against us that he has spent almost all his life in kennel care. Bless him! Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] bighug.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Basil and I had our second walk of the week yesterday. I can't say either of us really enjoyed it because of the awful wind and rain. Mind you, he wasn't too deterred and had lots of sniffs in the grass by the road. Loved his sausage treats once back in his pen. Great little dog.
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Basil with Leeanne and Ollie, Basil was happy on his walk today, but not so keen on the mud. He ignored all the dogs that passed. He walks really well no pulling, likes to stop for a sniff. bravo1.gif
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Basil with Leeanne and Buddie, both dogs so well behaved. We walked down the lane, the hail and wind did not deter him from having a great walk. Basil is such an easy walk, stopping now and then for a sniff, then treats back in his kennel. bighug.gif
Shay_1

Post by Shay_1 »

Ahhh Basil, or basil brush as I tend to call you!!

What a fab time you had today in the paddock having a good rummage around and roaming spent a lot of it on your back having a rolllll forgetting you were surrounded by MUD! At least you had fun. You were fab today, So SO keen to go walkies and was almost shouting to say let me out'- stop dithering about!! Very good collecting and returning to kennels, no bother with other dogs just walks beautifully, isnt interested in the other dogs. He was very happy in the addock without his muzzle and we playing the sent and search game for treats where the grass was dry!! he did quite well, for an older bo he has a fab sense of smell!!!

I adore you little man - you are fab, one day a family will come for you.

See you next time
x
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

How lovely to see an update on dear Basil, he sounds such a happy boy on his walks. Thank you for the update.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took basil out with benji on sunday and he was dying to get out into the fresh air - basil never seems to react to other dogs just enjoys his walk and always walks at a fairly decent pace keeping up with the youngster quite easily - he has a friendly disposition when out and only gets a bit fractious on returning to his kennel where he panics a little bit in case you might forget his sausages or treats we had sausage slices on sunday for a change which he found very acceptable
IMG_5524.JPG

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”