Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Farnham Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies »

New walker Marissa took Basil out this morning, he is so pleased to see you that it makes it difficult to put his harness on as he wriggles and tries to cuddle up and kiss you. He was really good on his walk, a typical terrier exploring the lovely wet roads and bridle way. He sits for treats and appears to be learning his name. He is such a sweet dog and would love a forever home.
Rescue Remedies

Took the lovely Basil out for a walk this morning whilst Marissa took Hugger. Basil is always excited to see you and was lively as I put on his harness as he was so eager to get out and about. We kept the dogs at a little distance from each other and enjoyed a lovely walk. Basil is a typical terrier who wanted to sniff, explore and mark everywhere we walked. He didn't seem to mind the mud and was happy to sit for a treat. He is such a cute and adorable boy who deserves a forever home.
Rescue Remedies

Took Basil out in the rain today, after we finally managed to get his harness on. He was sooooo excited that he hardly stood still long enough for me to put it on. I noticed a difference today since his days in Chessington - he now responds to his name. He just loves to explore the undergrowth and bridle way and you hardly know that he is on the end of the lead. He So deserves some home comforts.
Rescue Remedies

New walker Kim took Basil out today, whilst I took Churchill. They showed an interest in each other, but we didn't let them get too close. He is such a cute patti, who is so excited and wriggly when you enter his kennel that putting on his harness can be quite difficult. He loves to be out and about, and was very good for Kim. He showed a little interest in some horses in a nearby field, but was well behaved and is gentle when taking treats. Once back in kennels he loved the extra attention and cuddles that we both gave him. Time for someone to offer him a home.
Rescue Remedies

Took the lovely Basil out for a walk this morning whilst Marissa took Hugger. Basil is always excited to see you and was lively as I put on his harness as he was so eager to get out and about. We kept the dogs at a little distance from each other and enjoyed a lovely walk. Basil is a typical terrier who wanted to sniff, explore and mark everywhere we walked. He didn't seem to mind the mud and was happy to sit for a treat.He is such a cute and adorable boy who deserves a forever home.
Rescue Remedies

I had the pleasure of walking dear little Basil today. Once we were out of the kennels and on our way he calmed down and walked very well taking a keen interest in his surroundings.
We walked with Sue A and Churchill and Basil was very well behaved throughout the walk.
He loved the fuss and attention and enjoyed his treats which he took very nicely. Such a lovely little chap.
Although I hope his forever home is not too far away I would love to walk Basil again. :)
Rescue Remedies

I loved walking Basil today, a typical terrier taking interest in everything going on around him. He was very well behaved when a rider on a horse stopped to chat to us, he didn't seem fazed by the horse and it was a big horse! I was expecting him to squeeze under the gates on the bridal paths but he was such a gentleman that he sat and waited as I opened the gates to let us through. Basil has such potential, really hope he gets homed soon! :)
Rescue Remedies

I was the lucky one who got to walk Basil at the charity walk on Saturday.

Basil was very pleased to see me as I walked him just last week. We went for a quick walk first before setting off for the Ashdown Forest.

He travelled very well in the crate on the way there with not a peep out of him.

Once we were there, Basil seemed to ignore all the other dogs and was busy sniffing his surroundings. He walked very well and relished a lovely long walk.

We stopped for a few cuddles on route, he's quite the character.

Back at the car park we had more cuddles and Basil loved having his tummy rubbed and I discovered that he likes being tickled behind his ears. He is an adorable little dog.

I was quite sad to see him go back into his kennel, but hopefully I'll get to walk him again on Wednesday :)
Rescue Remedies

Lucky me- Basil let me foster him over Xmas! I think I was more excited than him when I found out he would be visiting, i love this terrier!

Basil travels very well in the car, sat in the front curled up in a blanket (harness/seat belt clip). To make his stay easier on me I was pleased to find out over the past few days that he is house trained and knows basic commands. This dog loves cuddles and is full of energy so never tires of being told 'walkies'. He's not too keen on the rain though, after ten mins of walking in a downpour he had enough, did a U-turn and marched me back home to the dry & warmth.

Being Xmas time I have a busy schedule planned & Basil seems happy to come along with me so today I took him on a play-date with a friends spaniel. I kept a soft muzzle on him the whole time (i know this small terrier type!) and after 15 mins of 'getting to know' each other they spent the afternoon walking side by side and then relaxing in a pub together while we had lunch.
Rescue Remedies

Basil has been such a well behaved boy these past few days! He had another play date with his spaniel friend and they spent a good couple of hours over the woodlands walking side by side (no muzzle this time).

After a day of fun and muddiness Basil experienced his first much needed shower! Could not tear him away from his favourite blanket afterwards..

Basil spent Xmas day with my family, he adjusts very quickly to new environments and even came to visit my Nan in her care home- he was a hit with all the residents there, giving them all cuddles!!

We get stopped everytime we go out, people seem to be drawn to him, when they hear he's a rescue dog they cant believe he has not been homed yet. Basil is a lot smaller than the pictures make him appear and he is such a loving dog, he can spend hours curled up on your lap. This cute boy deserves to find his forever home, hopefully very soon!! In the meantime I have another week with this gorgeous dog and I know there wont be a dull moment- Merry Xmas to all from Basil and me.

BasilAmy.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”