Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Elaine.scott1

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Gatwick kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Basil and I had a lovely walk, we followed Teddie through the woods and onto the common, Basil had lots of sniffs and rolls in the grass, Teddie decided it was time for zombies round the common, Basil looked at him in amazement!! Kiss of love.gif
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

8694E247-84C4-4AC8-AF69-138E8339AA73.jpeg
Basil often prefers to walk in the grounds rather than a longer walk, so we went to the paddock where Basil seemed happy pottering around, having a stroke and munching on grass. He was very good at letting me clip his leads back on and enjoyed the muzzle free walk back to his kennel so he could do more grass grazing on the way.
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Basil and I started to follow Tommy round the grounds, Basil decided we would go off on our own, we went into the paddock for a wonder, Basil enjoys a back rub and an ear scratch, Basil enjoyed lots of treats back in his kennel Kiss of love.gif
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I had such a lovely time with Basil on Friday afternoon! I've only met him a couple of times but he's very sweet and I really enjoy being in his company! We went for a nice walk through the woods and spent some time in the paddock afterwards :)

IMG_20Jun2021at123105pm.jpg

IMG_20Jun2021at123133pm.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear little Basil and I enjoyed a lovely time in the paddock today, we spent lots of time having ear, neck and back scratches, he is such a loving little lad, he then enjoyed lots of rolls in the cool grass, Basil enjoyed lots of treats back in his kennel bighug.gif
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I met Basil for our normal Tuesday walk and as usual was greeted with a lovely wagging tail and excitement to get going. Getting going for Basil often means a stroll around the grounds to ensure all things are in their expected place. Once satisfied he wanted to go in the paddock seems to be getting very fond of this area. I tried throwing a ball for him but he looked at me with amusement as if to say 'you threw it you go get it'. Once out of the paddock we did a couple more rounds of the grounds before he decided to retire back to his room. He is so sweet.
IMG_20210629_193035.jpg
IMG_20210629_193007.jpg
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

My Thursday walk with basil turned into an adventure unlike Tuesday when he just wanted to stroll around the kennel grounds we headed off onto the common. For a little lad he can build up quite a speed and he knew where he wanted to go. Unfortunately he chose the muddiest, overgrown route I think possible, undeterred he navigated grass taller than him and thick mud. Nothing phased him and eventually we made it back to the kennels for a short play in the paddock, before retiring back to his room.
IMG_20210702_205523.jpg
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I really look forward to spending time with Basil! I've had the pleasure of taking him out on quite a few walks now and we always finish off by visiting the paddock where he sometimes likes to do a bit of digging by the tree! He's absolutely adorable and such a sweetheart ❤️
IMG_4Jul2021at10205pm_opt.png

IMG_4Jul2021at10002pm.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

It was really hot today and my first meeting with Basil so I was a little surprised to find that he wandered all the way round the centre and then a short loop in the local woodland too. There is something about old dogs that I like. The grey around his muzzle makes him look so distinguished. My first walk but hopefully not my last. It’s funny. It’s a rescue centre and you want all the dogs to get rehomed, but in a selfish way you hope to see them again next time you are in. Great photos VeganLaura, they capture his personality well. thumbs.gif
xxlynne

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Hemel Hempstead

Post by xxlynne »

Basil chose the hottest day of the decade to meet John & Karen and decide he would love to go home with them. We are doing it as a trial adoption as Basil does have an edge and in a new home experience he is likely to 'show teeth' ! He will also show his loving side so prayer mats out and candles of hope lit!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”