Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

LyndaM

Re: Laila Spaniel x Terrier DofB 12th Dec 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by LyndaM »

Laila had 2 outings today her first walk was with Laura then I took her to the paddock in the afternoon. As soon as we got into the paddock Laila was off at full speed just being her. She spied the paddling pool and jumped in with glee but it had been emptied so my first job was to refill it with her eagerly watching me. I think the photo says it all, one happy wet Laila.
IMG_20210702_205716.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Wow, that's some photo - it looks like it should be in an art gallery! Beautiful dog. love4.gif
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Laila is always full of energy and can't wait to get out for a walk! It's full steam ahead when we set off through the woods and up to the stream before returning to the paddock for a good run around off lead. She's a lovely girl and a joy to spend time with ❤️
9973318F-A0D7-430A-9F49-0E9FB860A6E3_1_201_a_opt.jpg

122FFE36-81A1-483B-BA70-9F36B0ECB094_1_201_a_opt.jpg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

We took Laila for a walk in the woods. She’s always so eager to explore everything. She’s so full of life! In the paddock, she made a beeline for the paddling pool. She loves splashing about in the pool. She also enjoys playing fetch and getting cuddles. We really hope she finds her forever home very soon.
IMG20210707111051s.jpg
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Another great walk with the photogenic Laila. First to the paddock to use up some of that boundless energy, not sure if its me but she never seems interested in chasing a ball, so this time I took with me a rubber toy to play tug of war with and a frisbee, she absolutely loved both. 20 minutes later we were off on our walk, not sure the paddock used up any of Laila's energy as she was her normal self into everything and wanting to get everywhere in double quick time. Eventually she slowed down and the walk took on a calmer feel but she did insist in rolling in the muddy puddles, which meant a shower for her when we got back to the kennels. You have to love this young lady, she is so affectionate and loving of life. I hope she gets her forever home very soon.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

As usual, Laila this morning was incredibly excited to see us. Putting on the harness is always a bit of a game for her. Some tasty treats did the trick – thanks Emma! And off we went for a short walk in the woods and a long playing session in the paddock. She loves chasing balls, playing tug of war, but most of all she adores the paddling pool and human company.
IMG_20210714_163713s.jpg
IMG_20210714_163637s.jpg
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Playful Laila thoroughly enjoyed cooling off in the stream on Monday and at one point she pretended to be a crocodile with just her head peering out from the water looking at the camera 🐊 😂 She's so much fun and has such a sweet nature ❤️

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Early morning Tuesday walk with the lovely Laila. She is one of the most friendly dogs you are likely to meet and greets you with such joy. She does react to some other dogs but not in an aggressive way only wanting to play.

Laila's love of live is shown in the abundance of energy she has, although she is beginning to calm down the first 10 minutes or so of any walk is high energy but she does begin to walk more calmly and has many stops to investigate her surroundings and check you are still with her. Hopefully there is someone who would love this beautiful friendly young lady and give her the forever home she so deserves and enjoy many an adventure with her.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Laila is so cute! Her tail started wagging straight away as soon as she saw us. In the paddock she was happy to run around and chase balls, but she was also very interested in getting lots of cuddles.
If you are looking for a beautiful dog, full of energy, then do fill out an application!

IMG_20210728_155658s.jpg
IMG_20210728_155638s.jpg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Today was our first walk with Laila and boy did we pick a day to do it on! Whilst it was Super Saturday at the Olympics in Tokyo, it was Soggy Saturday at the kennels as the heavens opened. After setting off and heading over to Horley estate there didn’t seem to be much sign of it.

Laila was a wriggly sausage to leash up today but with some coaxing she was on her way and down the bridle path. To walk Laila is to enter a world of high energy, as she zigzags from side to side on the path. Laila passed a whole host of different challenges and obstacles, runners, cars, squirrels and walkers, none of which she really raised an eyebrow at. Exactly halfway, and at the furthest point from the kennels, monsoon style rain started bouncing down and caught us in the open. Whilst we drenched, Laila absolutely loved it and proceeded to run about grabbing sticks and reeds and laughing at the two idiots walking her who failed to bring a jacket. Hiding under a tree with another family, she was much admired and behaved immaculately.

Eventually getting back to the kennels, it was time to dry off a very wet dog. Laila loved her towelling and proceeded to not let me leave her run until she had a further 10 minutes of quality cuddles.

Having seen her in kennels for a while now, this is one dog who really deserves a chance in a home. With her energy, there needs to be a genuine commitment to exercise and she would be the perfect companion for running or Canicross, as she really loved the bits of running we did with her. She is loving, gentle and so much fun, with only the slightest hint of mischief and definitely zero malice. Both Rach and I were completely won over with her and definitely will make a real effort to take her out as a regular walk now. Top dog.

Sniffing
Sniffing

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”